News Disney Exec Resignation

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Geoff Morrell is Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Corporate Affairs Officer of The Walt Disney Company. In this role, Mr. Morrell is responsible for the entertainment company’s Corporate Communications, Global Public Policy, Government Relations, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) teams. He assumed the newly-created role in January 2022 and now resides in Los Angeles.

^ off the wayback machine. Was archived yesterday, I guess before Disney wiped his page.

ImperfectPixie

Could you elaborate ? Also if by cupcake you mean a Disney one no thanks. I find them kind of gross and over the top. I would prefer the hours long virtual que wait for a treat from Gideon's Bakehouse or an Everglazed DOnut.
He's a merchandise guy...literally...and not a good one. (Have you noticed the homogenization of all the merch no matter what store you're in? Or the decline in quality?) He knows numbers on a spreadsheet, and that's the absolute most important thing in his eyes.

You'll see "crap-peddler" quite often on the threads.

bcoachable

He's a merchandise guy...literally...and not a good one. (Have you noticed the homogenization of all the merch no matter what store you're in? Or the decline in quality?) He knows numbers on a spreadsheet, and that's the absolute most important thing in his eyes.

You'll see "crap-peddler" quite often on the threads.
I agree, but I would also add that “crap peddling” has a higher margin than the quality, creative to the brand type products, and to that end, the Board probably likes the job he’s doing…

ImperfectPixie

I agree, but I would also add that “crap peddling” has a higher margin than the quality, creative to the brand type products, and to that end, the Board probably likes the job he’s doing…
Sure, but the question was why so many of us hate him.

I'd also argue that there needs to be balance between quality and cost. The shops in the parks USED to have excellent quality, so I felt like we were getting a good buy for our money, but that's not the case anymore. (Even the quality of the sweatshirts and towels has declined to the point where their prices are ridiculous.)

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Sure, but the question was why so many of us hate him.
It also goes to the question of "if we all think he is a .... and absolutely wrong to lead the company" then what part of being a titan of industry that controls all aspects of his image has failed. Having people like you is part of getting what you want to accomplish done and he has failed miserably in that regard.
He simply does not care or that is the image he projects and that's ok with him.

ImperfectPixie

It also goes to the question of "if we all think he is a .... and absolutely wrong to lead the company" then what part of being a titan of industry that controls all aspects of his image has failed. Having people like you is part of getting what you want to accomplish done and he has failed miserably in that regard.
He simply does not care or that is the image he projects and that's ok with him.
Agreed.

And I'd add that when you're the face of a company that has such nostalgia attached to it as Disney does, that you'd better be crafting your image to be something of a caretaker, something he doesn't even seem to grasp.

ImperfectPixie

Topic is absolutely in the wrong thread- but my take is he cares, but has a job to do, and that’s make every single penny he can out of every single aspect of WDW - and to that end he’s doing a good job… but at what cost 10 years (or sooner) down the road.
We're talking about why fans of Disney hate Chapek. Not whether he's doing a good job in the eyes of the BoD or shareholders.

The issue with Chapek is that there needs to be balance, and with him there is none. (There wasn't any with Iger either, but he was slightly better at hiding it, and of course dumped billions into trying to establish a legacy that ignores that he let the parks stagnate for more than a decade.) We shouldn't be noticing a drastic decline in quality as prices are rising, or huge amounts of guest dissatisfaction even as they implement a paid line-skip system (Universal has been charging for theirs for years, but you can still enjoy the parks without it). Balance is key.

Remind me- was this Zenia Muchacha’s replacement?
I think so, yes (but could be wrong).

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

I will admit I just vacation there and until recently don't really keep up with the Disney current events. What is it that he has destroyed?
RUN FORREST RUN 🤣

0OgPPb.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom