News Disney Exec Resignation

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Bright suns
Ignite the spark!!

1651986070630.png

pdude81

I took a flyer at 140 but didn't jump. Felt it was in a good place around 120 and bought, but getting beaten up now. Trying time the market is a fools errand IMO as metrics don't rule any longer. I pick a spot where I feel there is long term growth and go from there. I feel comfortable that I'll do well over time.

I don't feel like the larger downturn in the markets are hurting Chapek as CEO, because earnings are more important in this environment. The perceived subscriber growth flattening is already priced in, but if parks take a big step back he could be in trouble.

Jrb1979

I took a flyer at 140 but didn't jump. Felt it was in a good place around 120 and bought, but getting beaten up now. Trying time the market is a fools errand IMO as metrics don't rule any longer. I pick a spot where I feel there is long term growth and go from there. I feel comfortable that I'll do well over time.

I don't feel like the larger downturn in the markets are hurting Chapek as CEO, because earnings are more important in this environment. The perceived subscriber growth flattening is already priced in, but if parks take a big step back he could be in trouble.
The thing is it will awhile before the parks take a step back. There is still lots of pent-up demand. This time next year might be a different story with a recession coming.

Tha Realest

With this new promotion I hope Charissa explains it all

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I like to see positions such as these “grown from within”

20 years ago, I would have as well. These days, they are likely institutional promotions of people who have come up through the ranks, for the most part, under Iger and $lappie. Nothing changes without new blood from outside the company. Whether or not they are "worthy" or "qualified" is a whole different matter, but confidence in anything different coming from them is low.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom