News Disney Exec Resignation

denyuntilcaught

I guess Joe Rhode was right all along about the time to go…

Working in retail management for most of my life, I always remembered when you’re on top of the mountain, if you don’t pay attention to your surroundings, there’s only one way to go…the companies still in business believed that. The ones that aren’t, wellllll..
The Abercrombie & Fitch documentary on Netflix reminded me of eerie parallels between that brand's hubris and what we're seeing at TWDC today.

Anteater

The Abercrombie & Fitch documentary on Netflix reminded me of eerie parallels between that brand's hubris and what we're seeing at TWDC today.
I'm going to have to check that out. Always interested in what the tipping point was/is for these companies. I watched Sears and Radio Shack closely. I still can't pinpoint where that was. But, I did notice the decline in customer service of both. That seemed to happened way before their fall though...

Smiley/OCD

I'm going to have to check that out. Always interested in what the tipping point was/is for these companies. I watched Sears and Radio Shack closely. I still can't pinpoint where that was. But, I did notice the decline in customer service of both. That seemed to happened way before their fall though...
Sears is a perfect example of a chain that thought they were WAY too big to ever lose…man, did they let their guard down…

AdventureHasAName

Sears is a perfect example of a chain that thought they were WAY too big to ever lose…man, did they let their guard down…

The amazing thing about Sears is that they literally pioneered mail-order shopping. They had a catalogue and you could basically buy anything and everything from them and they'd ship it to you. That's Amazon.com. Sears got destroyed, in large part, because it completely abandoned its original business model and never tried to shift back when it became apparent that was the wave of the future.

Last edited:

Kkar

Chapek is a product guy. Really you can't pin the Riviera resort completely on him, but there is some strong influence there. The difference is that in the past, Disney (I think this permeates the whole company now) was about the experience. The resorts were an experience, and they marketed that. But that has changed. Disney now markets products - merchandise. And people staying in a hotel are not out at the parks buying merchandise. Not only has Disney changed it's focus from marketing the resorts as experiences to marketing them as conveniences, but the don't want people spending time at the resort - they want them in the parks where they are making money off of them.
In our later "empty nest" years, we would go to resorts without ever stepping foot in a park. We would spend a lot at signature restaurants and lounges, and yes, the resort shops, especially in the higher end mens/womens clothing shops in the GF. I totally agree that they've gradually but noticeably lessened the "experience" component at the resorts, which is why we don't go to Disney-owned resorts anymore. We do still go to the Dolphin, as it has a more adult vibe that we now enjoy, but still don't go to the parks and rarely visit the other resorts as the experience at the Disney-owned properties has been so diluted.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Here's the crazy thing about MLB contracts: If another team picks him up, the Mets are still on the hook for anything the new team doesn't pay him. Meaning the new team can give him league minimum and Robbie is still getting his full guaranteed salary. Basically the same as a golden parachute.
Technically the new team has to pay him the vet minimum and the old team is on the hook for the rest…
But that ain’t much.

JoeCamel

The Minute you hear “sources say that Disney executive is out”…

You’ll make $20-25 bucks a share in a month.

It’s the way of things
Yep wall street knows Chappie is just a matter of time and keeping their cash out for now but a new guy/girl? that is as much of a slam dunk as buying the broad market when the Dow was 6500 in 2008. Probably go much higher Monday after the last couple of days as well. I don't have the cajones to play that game though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yep wall street knows Chappie is just a matter of time and keeping their cash out for now but a new guy/girl? that is as much of a slam dunk as buying the broad market when the Dow was 6500 in 2008. Probably go much higher Monday after the last couple of days as well. I don't have the cajones to play that game though.
Nah…I keep seeing neophytes looking at and saying “time to buy” after a 5% dip over a few weeks…

Some silly willies are on record here for jumping at Disney at $150 and $160 months back…
It was just overvalued…think with your Brain, not your immaturity 😂😂

But the slide is gonna Continue. We should all hope it does…it’s good/healthy for us.

Trauma

Nah…I keep seeing neophytes looking at and saying “time to buy” after a 5% dip over a few weeks…

Some silly willies are on record here for jumping at Disney at $150 and $160 months back…
It was just overvalued…think with your Brain, not your immaturity 😂😂

But the slide is gonna Continue. We should all hope it does…it’s good/healthy for us.
So the collapse of the economy is good for us because it gets Chapek fired?

Your hardcore 😀

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So the collapse of the economy is good for us because it gets Chapek fired?

Your hardcore 😀
Well yes…anything to get chapo fired is good for Disney fans. I’m not out on a limb there.

But I didn’t say “collapse”…but the reality is the world economy is a beast that feeds the worst instincts of man. To have it drawn back/reset on occasion is not really an awful thing.

It can’t keep going “up”…it’s gambling, speculation…and a true “collapse” woulf destroy society as it stands. So yeah…recession not that awful when the alternative is the Wolf of Wall Street

Diamond Dot

Robinson Cano is available to run the company. His job performance to salary has been similar.
The Mets haven't missed him going by the results since he was dropped from the roster, I would like Buck Showalter to take charge of Disney Parks 🤣🤣🤣 he could do a better job than Chapek and D'Amaro.

Diamond Dot

I guess Joe Rhode was right all along about the time to go…

Working in retail management for most of my life, I always remembered when you’re on top of the mountain, if you don’t pay attention to your surroundings, there’s only one way to go…the companies still in business believed that. The ones that aren’t, wellllll..
Get Rohde's new boss to take over at Disney, he turned a business started in a British telephone box into a multi million pound operation.

Lilofan

The Mets haven't missed him going by the results since he was dropped from the roster, I would like Buck Showalter to take charge of Disney Parks 🤣🤣🤣 he could do a better job than Chapek and D'Amaro.
Bobby Valentine, NY Met , he learned to be fluent in Japanese living and coaching over there and he will feel right at home visiting TDL while running parks if that happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom