Disney Enthusiasm

iconjunkie

Landing at Orlando airport.

Tell me about it! Really any airport in general since I love traveling.

Also, I'm not a sports fan, but I get really excited whenever the FIFA World Cup comes around or the Olympics. Only 1,184 days until the Men's World Cup in Brazil... *sigh*.

R W B

I have a few things that gets me pumped like a Disney trip.

-Big Saints and LSU football games always have.
-The annual TX2K car racing trip in Houston, Texas that I've taken for a few years now.(I actually just cancelled this trip this year to make sure I have enough in savings for Disney in May, i'm suppose to be in Texas right now for this, its this weekend)
-Seeing the look on friends/family faces when I'm involved in a big surprise for them.

bmarkelon

Original Poster
The only thing that comes close for me is concerts. I have no idea how many concerts I've been to, over 100 I'm sure (i'm only 23 and didn't really start getting into music until about 13 so you do the math), but everyone gives me the 'hair standing up on your neck' feeling; just like walking under the train station onto Main St. for the first time that trip!
I totally agree with you on concerts. I've been to a lot too and get so pumped up at any live show. The energy is so great and being around a crowd of fans is good times.

bmarkelon

Original Poster
Tell me about it! Really any airport in general since I love traveling.

Also, I'm not a sports fan, but I get really excited whenever the FIFA World Cup comes around or the Olympics. Only 1,184 days until the Men's World Cup in Brazil... *sigh*.
My husband is a big world cup fan too, my sister's boyfriend works for ESPN and got to go to South Africa to work it....this drove my hubby crazy! But he came home with and official ball from the games for him, so that was cool.

WDW2010

Just wondering if there is anything else that gets you all pumped up like WDW does. I'm sure nothing can quite compare but anything close?
Just popped into my head because I am all pumped up about March Madness and have talking about it quite a bit with people and know it will increase with the games starting tomorrow.
Another thing that freaks my freak is the Dave Matthews Band. I've been to over 20 shows, member of the fan club and boards and go to at least one show every year. Last year with their announcement of no tour for 2011 I went to 4 shows to make up for it!! I always say that I am the biggest fan of Disney and Dave and if anyone starts discussion on either they are in for an earful!
What else do you guys have nothing but love for?

Other than Disney, the only two things I can think of that could even come close is my Landscaping, and soccer, I always get pumped when landscaping season begins. Soccer season begins tomorrow I guess I'm pumped already :)

WDW2010

My husband is a big world cup fan too, my sister's boyfriend works for ESPN and got to go to South Africa to work it....this drove my hubby crazy! But he came home with and official ball from the games for him, so that was cool.

Wow, I would've been going crazy too but he came with the official ball now thats a nice souvenir! The replica balls go for 20.00, the official "real" soccer balls are priced from 100-175.00.

sweetpee_1993

Disney is by far my biggest passion. My other "big interest" is soft-sculptured Cabbage Patch collecting (not the toy versions with vinyl heads you buy in boxes on store shelves, we're talking the original hand-made babies that only come from 1 place: Babyland General Hospital in Cleveland, Georgia). I've been into those for 11 or 12 years. I sold off about half my "patch" last summer to buy curriculum for my sons so I'm down to maybe 20 or so now. :cool:

trickortreater

I've been a Tim Burton/the Nightmare Before Christmas fanatic for years. I can also go on and on about nerdy stuff like Firefly and BSG. Oh and my significant other is a HUGE Steelers fan, so by default I get sucked into football every season (which is funny since I grew up in Pgh and he grew up in VA and I never watched until him).

bmarkelon- if you love DMB you would love my town (Charlottesville VA). It's where Dave got his start and he can still occasionally be spotted roaming around town (along with some of the other members).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom