News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Disney Glimpses

Do you happen to have any insight into what the original WDW 50th plans were? Details around that have been slim, and given what we got I think we're all curious about what could (or should?) have been
A bunch of small Magic Kingdom attraction upgrades/enhancements, much better pyro for Harm, After Hours events, nighttime parade (supposedly MSEP was original slated for MK as it last appeared at DL), partial perim. fireworks for HEA. Nothing crazy but enough that it would at least feel like a celebration lol

jpeden

In the Parks
No
A bunch of small Magic Kingdom attraction upgrades/enhancements, much better pyro for Harm, After Hours events, nighttime parade (supposedly MSEP was original slated for MK as it last appeared at DL), partial perim. fireworks for HEA. Nothing crazy but enough that it would at least feel like a celebration lol

More than anything the loss of the night parade is what makes me sad. It was one of our favorite things to do in MK. But I’ve long since given up hope that one will return to the Magic Kingdom.

TsWade2

I hope you guys have a new nighttime parade coming to MK, but don’t expect Paint the Night Parade, because I’m afraid Disneyland killed it for some financial reasons or injuries of the performers.

Animaniac93-98

Not expecting a light parade to ever come back. It's a waste of money in the eyes of corporate who see MK evenings as busy anyways.

Maybe if it's bundled as part of some extra-pay after hours event.

MagicHappens1971

Not expecting a light parade to ever come back. It's a waste of money in the eyes of corporate who see MK evenings as busy anyways.

Maybe if it's bundled as part of some extra-pay after hours event.
I hate that WDW is plagued by this issue in all accounts. Like Not So Scary & Very Merry are desperately in need of new parades, but the events sell out year after year so why would they bother. Amongst other things like, all four parks needing more attractions, or updating attractions all throughout the resort, but they won’t.

maleficentfan

I mentioned in another thread how a friend (who has been here before) and their relative (who hasn't) are coming down the same time I am.

Friend mentioned liking the fireworks (HEA) in MK and said we should watch them since their relative hasn't seen them before. I said the current show sucks but would watch it if they wanted to. Then the relative said the people they've talked to at work (who have been to WDW numerous times) said the same thing and to just skip it. Imagine your fanbase dunking on a show to the point where they don't even want first time guests wasting their time on it.

yikes
Taking my best friend for her first time at WDW at the end of August this year and contemplated getting park hoppers back when we were thinking of this trip. Took a trip to WDW in February. I had seen HEA prior to the closures and I bawled at the ending. Didn't feel a thing with Enchantment. I told her we're not bothering with Enchantment. We're going to MNSSHP instead for that MK nighttime entertainment. You're right...it's sad that the diehard fanbase is dunking on a show so hard they don't want even first time guests to see because it's that bad.

Sir_Cliff

All of that said, the "hype factor" with Disney Enchantment simply isn't there as it was with HEA. The show is definitely slated to end sooner than planned because of all of this but the questions are when and how.
I hope the lack of the "hype factor" around everything they've done for the 50th is serious examined internally. Of course covid had an impact, but there are things like that bizarre day of the 50th where they just did nothing and everyone was wandering around waiting for something to happen that are inexcusable. The best anyone seems to be able to say about anything they put on for the 50th is that the reception was mixed to good but slightly worse than what was there before.

I really wish someone would take a torch to MSEP so they can't keep falling back onto that crutch. A sad state of affairs when Disney can't come up with anything better 50 years later.

Elizabeth Swann

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I think that’s the most unlikely scenario honestly.

You have to remember one of the reasons why they did AH parties last year was specifically so guests could see their new 50th fireworks show and Beacons.

Well they regrouped for this year and decided Enchantment didn’t earn the continuous running and starting in mid August will only run 3x per week until late December. That’s likely why they are running it 2x in a week, they need to use up the shells they expected to use up in August.

I think the writing is on the wall, Enchantment won’t be running past 3/31/23.
None of the fireworks shows are shown every night when they have MNSSHP and MVMCP. They show the party fireworks shows those nights. That isn't anything new. It has been that way for years.

MagicHappens1971

None of the fireworks shows are shown every night when they have MNSSHP and MVMCP. They show the party fireworks shows those nights. That isn't anything new. It has been that way for years.
Yes, but what they were saying is that part of the decision to run MNSSHP & MVMCP as After Hours events last year was so they could run their "new, shiny" 50th Anniversary Fireworks.

SpectroMan93

1. Enchantment is no where near as crowded as Happily Ever After. It's easy to get a spot directly front and center in the hub just seconds before the show begins. You can walk from the Main Street train station to Fantasyland with basically no friction at all right in the middle of the show.

2. It scores well with some guests.

When I went to Magic Kingdom a few weeks ago, I had a similar experience. Was very easy to find a spot in the hub minutes before Enchantment began. And this was a day the park was fully booked for park reservations. Got off of Space Mountain at 9:05 and cast members were still ushering people into viewing areas in the central hub. Only other time it was that easy to grab a spot was when I saw Wishes in the last year it was run.

drizgirl

Yes, but what they were saying is that part of the decision to run MNSSHP & MVMCP as After Hours events last year was so they could run their "new, shiny" 50th Anniversary Fireworks.
Wait, when everyone pointed out how little WDW history there was in that show, they were told it wasn’t a 50th anniversary show and scoffed at anyone making that leap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom