News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

TTA94

So, Disneyland is reportedly getting a new show next year for 100th. I’ve heard whispers but still nothing concrete for the Magic Kingdom. Starting to get nervous we’ll be stuck with this show for a while.

Of course Disneyland will get a new show and they’ll probably get Magic Happens and Paint The Night back, while Magic Kingdom gets Maybe HEA back and nothing more. Oh wait scratch that, MK will get a 100th cavalcade. 🙄

Disney Glimpses

Of course Disneyland will get a new show and they’ll probably get Magic Happens and Paint The Night back, while Magic Kingdom gets Maybe HEA back and nothing more. Oh wait scratch that, MK will get a 100th cavalcade. 🙄
I would be perfectly fine with that. I still doubt they do the right thing though re: Enchantment.

yensidtlaw1969

To Develop another new show would be totally moronic!! Could Chapek and “friends”really be that stupid?? Bring back HEA as it was in all it’s glory!
And people wonder why we never get anything new in the swamps . . .

I get that Happily Ever After had a shorter run than expected (due to poor planning), and I wouldn't mind seeing it return in the future. But when you consider that The Magic Kingdom has only run 3 different full-time Fireworks Shows since Wishes debuted in 2003, and Disneyland has rotated 6 in that same time (as well as a few short-run transitional shows), it seems silly to discourage them from creating something new.

The answer to Disney missing the mark with Disney Enchantment shouldn't be to insist they fall back on an old show, it should be to hold their feet to the fire and insist they make something new that's even better than the old show.

Happily Ever After isn't the be-all end-all of Disney Fireworks, and given their habits in Florida there's a high liklihood that if they bring it back we won't get another new show for more than a decade. I feel like as guests we'd be better off encouraging them to push further than begging them to fall back on their laurels.

Squishy

What are the chances that they wont fall back to HEA and have Wondrous on both coasts if they market that show as the 100th event firework show?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I would be perfectly fine with that. I still doubt they do the right thing though re: Enchantment.

If HEA scored so highly with guests and Enchantment is floundering, why wouldn’t they go back to a tried and true show? Sometimes the best solution is the simplest one.

mattpeto

I still think it will take the Execs eating a bunch of humble pie to bring back HEA. It feels far fetched, but not impossible.

I’m sure they are actively working on a 100th show like the rumors at DLP. That’s prob the smart bet. Hope it delivers.

mikejs78

Premium Member
What are the chances that they wont fall back to HEA and have Wondrous on both coasts if they market that show as the 100th event firework show?

A show at Disneyland wouldn't translate to MK. The parks are too different and the expectations for nighttime shows are different. MK has the large castle for projections, along with a very different setup for launch sites.

Squishy

A show at Disneyland wouldn't translate to MK. The parks are too different and the expectations for nighttime shows are different. MK has the large castle for projections, along with a very different setup for launch sites.
It still would save Bob some bucks compared to creating 2 new shows from scratch.

wdwfan22

I will be surprised if Enchantment doesn’t continue after the 50th. After spending money to develop this new show, theres no way It’s not going to run for a couple of years.

mattpeto

I will be surprised if Enchantment doesn’t continue after the 50th. After spending money to develop this new show, theres no way It’s not going to run for a couple of years.
I think that’s the most unlikely scenario honestly.

You have to remember one of the reasons why they did AH parties last year was specifically so guests could see their new 50th fireworks show and Beacons.

Well they regrouped for this year and decided Enchantment didn’t earn the continuous running and starting in mid August will only run 3x per week until late December. That’s likely why they are running it 2x in a week, they need to use up the shells they expected to use up in August.

I think the writing is on the wall, Enchantment won’t be running past 3/31/23.

Disney Glimpses

That's the sunk cost fallacy.

They will absolutely abandon it if they feel that it is not having the desired impact. It's really a tricky issue though because surveys do show that Enchantment scores well (even as well as HEA) among guests who have never seen HEA. Guests who have seen HEA, especially die hards, prefer HEA by a rate of more than 80%.

All of that said, the "hype factor" with Disney Enchantment simply isn't there as it was with HEA. The show is definitely slated to end sooner than planned because of all of this but the questions are when and how.

wdwfan22

I think that’s the most unlikely scenario honestly.

You have to remember one of the reasons why they did AH parties last year was specifically so guests could see their new 50th fireworks show and Beacons.

Well they regrouped for this year and decided Enchantment didn’t earn the continuous running and starting in mid August will only run 3x per week until late December. That’s likely why they are running it 2x in a week, they need to use up the shells they expected to use up in August.

I think the writing is on the wall, Enchantment won’t be running past 3/31/23.
Main Street is packed nightly for fireworks. Enchantment scores well with Guests. i think you are going to be disappointed when it continues to play next year. The Halloween and Christmas party’s were always going to return

Disney Glimpses

Main Street is packed nightly for fireworks. Enchantment scores well with Guests.
1. Enchantment is no where near as crowded as Happily Ever After. It's easy to get a spot directly front and center in the hub just seconds before the show begins. You can walk from the Main Street train station to Fantasyland with basically no friction at all right in the middle of the show.

2. It scores well with some guests.

Last edited:

Pancho

1. Enchantment is no where near as crowded as Happily Ever After. It's easy to get a spot directly front and center in the hub just seconds before the show begins. You can walk from the Main Street train station to Fantasyland with basically no friction at all right in the middle of the show.
this is the complete opposite of my experience of being in MK during enchantment. it's like sardines in that hub. last time, I could not get through to anything let alone Fantasyland, right up the middle.

Disney Glimpses

this is the complete opposite of my experience of being in MK during enchantment. it's like sardines in that hub. last time, I could not get through to anything let alone Fantasyland, right up the middle.
I am sure it varies but I spend many, many, many nights at MK every year and I've noticed a huge difference. As far as getting to Fantasyland, I'm referring to the sidewalks which are pretty empty (during HEA they were mobbed).

aladdin2007

2. It scores well with some guests.
and to Disney some guests is good enough for them to not have to spend on change or switching something out. They are notoriously bad for skewing data to use as an excuse. However this one seems a little different and they need to do something, its just so poorly done compared to predecessors and what Disneyalnd has,,,but they probably won't do a thing for a long time. lets hope thats not the case but we all know how this goes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom