News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Disney Glimpses

Toy Story scenes compared. I don't know how anyone can look at these and say people are complaining because "it's new."

1633391806398.png
1633391812589.png

wtyy21

Do someone have a photo that contains original projection of HEA at Cinderella Castle before fully decorated for 50th? I will see the difference.

dothebrdwalk

I have watched Enchantment from every angle. I have seen some good things, some bad. I have a theory. I think the reason they decided to focus on only new(er) films is because they already had promotional/stock animation (like the kind used in commercials and trailers) of characters like Moana, Luca, Frozen, Soul, etc. and this way they did not have to reanimate anything or do any custom animation thus saving money. It's a good theory if I do say so myself.....

gerarar

Premium Member
I have watched Enchantment from every angle. I have seen some good things, some bad. I have a theory. I think the reason they decided to focus on only new(er) films is because they already had promotional/stock animation (like the kind used in commercials and trailers) of characters like Moana, Luca, Frozen, Soul, etc. and this way they did not have to reanimate anything or do any custom animation thus saving money. It's a good theory if I do say so myself.....
That kinda makes sense. If we recall back to HEA, they made it a big point of how they grabbed all these classic animators to redraw/reanimate their characters.
But was such thing done for DE, that’s the question. I don’t think any of the projections resembles hand drawn classic animation.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
That kinda makes sense. If we recall back to HEA, they made it a big point of how they grabbed all these classic animators to redraw/reanimate their characters.
But was such thing done for DE, that’s the question. I don’t think any of the projections resembles hand drawn classic animation.
It's a fair question. DE looks more like stock images pasted onto the castle.

Last edited:

dothebrdwalk

It's a fair question. DE looks more like stock images pasted onto the castle.

I remember them showing them animating Ursula and all that stuff. Nothing this time around. All the images are the same ones we've seen of like Maui swinging his hook and becoming a hawk, etc.

wtyy21

I do wish they would have used some original singers, they clearly went away from that direction from HEA. In fact, I don't think "Into the Unknown" sounds good at all. If they weren't going with Idina, they should just went Panic! version... (ducks head, but that guy can sing)
If i don't wrong, the "wrong pitch" score of Into the Unknown bears similarities to those who performed at Academy Awards 2020, but it was sung in multi languages not just English.

No Name

Jordan Fisher uploaded a farewell video to Happily Ever After on YouTube a few days ago, saying “on the final night of our show…”

Not suggesting he knows anything more than any of us on the topic, just that I hope he’s wrong. Anyway it was nice to watch and it must feel really nice to be a part of the best nighttime show the park has had. Hopefully April 1st 2023 will be a glorious day.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
"How Far I'll go" reprise is my favorite part of DE. I just love the chorus part, it's definitely goosebumps worthy in my book.

Random thoughts:
  • I do wish they would have used some original singers, they clearly went away from that direction from HEA. In fact, I don't think "Into the Unknown" sounds good at all. If they weren't going with Idina, they should just went Panic! version... (ducks head, but that guy can sing)
  • The theme song is good and it might be better than the pop start of HEA. But coming out of "I can go the distance" from HEA finale reigns supreme.
  • The end of the Disney Enchantment should have ended on the last "You are the Magic" line with the finale of fireworks finale. Instead it waited for the narrator.
Enchantment is a good show, but it will have to live in the shadow of it's predecessor, which remains a Titan.
The Panic! version is so good.

wtyy21

Jordan Fisher uploaded a farewell video to Happily Ever After on YouTube a few days ago, saying “on the final night of our show…”

Not suggesting he knows anything more than any of us on the topic, just that I hope he’s wrong. Anyway it was nice to watch and it must feel really nice to be a part of the best nighttime show the park has had. Hopefully April 1st 2023 will be a glorious day.
If fan-favorite HEA returns in April 1st 2023 or later that date after 50th celebration end in situation that DE flops in the previous dates, i think Jordan Fisher will be happy to see HEA again, just as DL fans happy about returning RDCT in 2017.

No Name

If fan-favorite HEA returns in April 1st 2023 or later that date after 50th celebration end in situation that DE flops in the previous dates, i think Jordan Fisher will be happy to see HEA again, just as DL fans happy about returning RDCT in 2017.
I’m sure he will be! He won’t be the only one

Disney Glimpses

He definitely doesn't know because Disney doesn't even know. But my guess is if history is indication of anything, it returns at some point.

The Magic Kingdom fireworks shows through the decades (I started watching them in the mid 1980's as I'm sure many of you have) became my favorite experience at the park. The breathtaking beauty combined with the orchestral medleys of classic Disney songs made an impact on an emotional and heartfelt level. This new show in particular leaves me sad and longing for the artistic quality that once was. Particularly for this 50th anniversary, it was a chance to include more classic Disney music and Park themes unique to Walt Disney World. This is like some badly produced pop song commercial thrown together without much inspiration or respect for the great legacy in my opinion.

I'd like to add something about the projections as well that I know won't be a popular opinion, but I'm not a fan of them. Cinderella Castle is such a gorgeous structure. The subtle lighting and changing colors showcased it to its best during the firework shows. I know the projections are fun and exciting and have their place, I just miss the classic look of "Wishes" and "Fantasy in the Sky". They were stunning.

With my tastes going back to the classic formats aside, I still think this show was lacking in overall concept and music. This is seriously what we were given for the 50th of this great kingdom that has meant so much to us for decades? What happened?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom