News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

tallica

Emotion:

“And so, our journey comes to an end. But yours continues on. Grab ahold of your dreams and make them come true. For you are the key to unlocking your own magic. Now go. Let your dreams guide you. Reach out and find your Happily Ever After”

FEMALE SOLOIST (ANGIE KEILHAU)
The battles, the stories,
The losses and all the glories.

MALE SOLOIST (JORDAN FISHER)
We’re changed by the way
We live every day.
Just look up and reach to the sky.

BOTH
We all have the courage to fly!

CHORUS
You can fly! You can fly!
You can fly!

(TINKER BELL flies overhead.)

CHORUS
The story comes alive!

MALE SOLOIST
(When we look inside)

CHORUS
A new adventure, there in your eyes.

BOTH SOLOISTS
(There in your eyes!)

CHORUS
It’s just beginning,
Feel your heart beat faster.
Reach out and find your…
Reach out and find your…
Reach out and find your
Happily ever after!

(Fireworks finale.)

Not emotion:
- the new show
actually got goose pumps just reading this 😁

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I don't understand the hate for this show. I watched it again on a better stream, it's a really good show. The music is great, the pyro is continuous, the projections, while not as artistic as HEA necessarily, actually play with the fireworks really well. I think the way they did the projections this time was a different artistic choice more focused on the fireworks than necessarily playing with the architecture.

I guess it's hard to please this fan community. I get a lot of the criticism of Harmonious, but not this. And I remember that there was also much criticism here of HEA and lamenting Wishes being gone.

Do I think this show is as good as HEA? No. That's a gem and any show would have a hard time reaching that bar. But it's not far behind HEA as far as Castle Park shows go. Probably #2 in my book (although I reserve the right to change my mind once seeing it in person).

And that's without seeing the Main Street projections at all.
The problem is disney should be improving shows when they replace them especially for something as big as a 50th celebration. No one should ever say “the previous show was better” and if so then they shouldn’t have ever replaced it or just added more to it

Muffinpants

Just cut the original songs back in and it can be saved... I wanna hear Elsa not this off key singer they got. I was gonna throw my phone if they put any Phil Collins songs in there re sang.. like just don't mess with the music... Please. It's what gives me the chills and joy.

donaldtoo

Really trying to save my judgement until I can see it live, but from watching it last night I am disappointed.

This is a 50 year celebration, and it had nothing to do with the history of the parks. Very little, if any, involvement of the Fab 5 characters. But probably most important IMO, is that for such a huge celebration I expect to be BLOWN AWAY when you introduce something new for it. When I am moved by something special, I will always get goosebumps. That didn't happen a single time last night. I even got more goosebumps from HarmoniUS and I was not a fan of that either.

I don't know if it's simply Disney cheaping out on the parks or if this is due to Covid and the extended shutdown, probably a mix of all of it, but this is so far below what anybody hoped for/expected. Again, I really hope it is different in person, but like I said, I still get goosebumps watching crummy live streams of HEA on youtube. I got NOTHING from this show last night.

I didn’t come even remotely close to goosebumps with either show.
These types of shows used to be one of their strongest aspects. What the hell has happened to Disney’s heart…?!?!?!

gerarar

Premium Member
it was also fun knowing what part of the show was happening based on the matching fireworks - toy story blocks, Moana spirals and Maui hooks - even if you watched it from far away. This was just plain ole plain fireworks with a few Moana spirals.
Trying to be optimistic, but when HEA first premiered it had a lot of plain ole fireworks like willows. After a couple months those were replaced with different types of fireworks that were intended for the show.

Same could happen for DE. The finale/reprise is full of willows, so I wonder if they meant to use other types of pyro there.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

This show was everything that is wrong with modern Disney.

When I was watching it with my wife she actually thought something was wrong with the stream.

Anyone of us could have created a better show.

Its clear it’s an agenda.
That ending announcement for Harmonious I think says it all.

Muffinpants

If I had a refundable trip I would cancel my upcoming trip. I am legit 9 days away and zero excitement. I didn't pack yet.. usally I'm packed like 20+ days before. All these shows are not helping.. not giving me any drive to see them. I could put in HEA right now and cry at the tangled part like I always do. The songs are just so good. This.. crickets. Now they just need to open ak till 12 so I can just sit and watch the tree glow and be happy for a few hours.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Emotion:

“And so, our journey comes to an end. But yours continues on. Grab ahold of your dreams and make them come true. For you are the key to unlocking your own magic. Now go. Let your dreams guide you. Reach out and find your Happily Ever After”

FEMALE SOLOIST (ANGIE KEILHAU)
The battles, the stories,
The losses and all the glories.

MALE SOLOIST (JORDAN FISHER)
We’re changed by the way
We live every day.
Just look up and reach to the sky.

BOTH
We all have the courage to fly!

CHORUS
You can fly!

(TINKER BELL flies overhead.)

CHORUS
The story comes alive!

MALE SOLOIST
(When we look inside)

CHORUS
A new adventure, there in your eyes.

BOTH SOLOISTS
(There in your eyes!)

CHORUS
It’s just beginning,
Feel your heart beat faster.
Reach out and find your…
Reach out and find your…
Reach out and find your
Happily ever after!

(Fireworks finale.)

Not emotion:
- the new show

This sounds like the worst kind of BS “empowerment”-speak. 🤮

Smooth

1633094040323.png

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
There is no excitement when Chapeck speaks, he's boring, dull and could give a darn. It shows in both Enchantment and Harmonious.
It was extremely obvious he was just reciting a memorized script or perhaps reading off a teleprompter. He stumbled over his words several times and the awkward clapping was even more funny.

It actually made me respect Iger a little bit more since he is a better public speaker and at least seems to care. "Seems" is extremely operative in that last sentence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom