News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Giss Neric

The vocals were a huge miss for me.
I'm sorry to the two singers but their voices just don't work to me.

And the rerecord of their own songs were awful - "almost there" is beautiful as is... The rerecorded track used in Enchantment is not nearly as good as the original.
The guy sounded good. It's the female. Her voice is not ideal for shows like this. She sings and sounds exactly how Olivia Rodrigo sings which I hate too.

zombiebbq

mom-come-pick-me-up-im-scared-when-you-join-59914903.png

fradz

My opinion, obviously just based on what I've watched online and haven't read any comments yet about it. I'll use this video for timestamps references

The bad:
- The biggest issue, by far, is the pacing. Let's compare it to other very recent fireworks (Illuminations at DLP, HEA at MK and the Shanghai one): Everything until the little break @5:35 then just before Into the Unknown @8:25 is just too fast paced, like going 1.25x the speed, there is no time to take a breath and take in what you've just seen. The transitions between different theme or songs are so short. Only when the main theme song is about to start again (@12:40), because they're trying hard to make you feel something, time slows down and now you're going at like 0.8x speed instead of a normal speed. If you don't see what I mean, watch Illuminations (which is not the best show but still..) then watch Enchantment

-Second big issue is the vocals. I don't know how they didn't spot it, the orchestra is great but the vocals are off tune. It makes it very hard to connect with the songs we love, because some are downright hard to recognize at all.

-They've tried to make this bright and colorful but some colors are just not meant to work together. HEA was the complete opposite for me and the projections looked very classy and coherent because of that.

The meh:
- I don't like what the narrator is saying. It doesn't resonate with me. I feel like I'm listening to Chapek trying to squeeze in as many TrUe DiSnEY mAgIc words as possible in the announcer voice. On the other hand, the opening phrases of Illuminations gave me goosebumps on my first show and still do this day.

- If you summarize the message carried out by the show, it's pretty much "Come to WDW, you will feel enchantment". Meh, could've been either focused on the "come to WDW" and go on about the history of the park and how it's enchanting people over generations or then the "you feel enchantment" which is more of a Disney theme through their fireworks

The good:
-The orchestra was very good, great job
-Some really good and innovative ideas in there
- Pyro was not bad

Cmdr_Crimson

25 years ago they said to us to "Remember The Magic"...25 years later they finally confess that "You Are The Magic!" Because Walt Forbid you use your money at any other theme Park in Orlando...
dont-tell-me-what-i-cant-do.gif

wtyy21

My opinion, obviously just based on what I've watched online and haven't read any comments yet about it. I'll use this video for timestamps references

The bad:
- The biggest issue, by far, is the pacing. Let's compare it to other very recent fireworks (Illuminations at DLP, HEA at MK and the Shanghai one): Everything until the little break @5:35 then just before Into the Unknown @8:25 is just too fast paced, like going 1.25x the speed, there is no time to take a breath and take in what you've just seen. The transitions between different theme or songs are so short. Only when the main theme song is about to start again (@12:40), because they're trying hard to make you feel something, time slows down and now you're going at like 0.8x speed instead of a normal speed. If you don't see what I mean, watch Illuminations (which is not the best show but still..) then watch Enchantment

-Second big issue is the vocals. I don't know how they didn't spot it, the orchestra is great but the vocals are off tune. It makes it very hard to connect with the songs we love, because some are downright hard to recognize at all.

-They've tried to make this bright and colorful but some colors are just not meant to work together. HEA was the complete opposite for me and the projections looked very classy and coherent because of that.

- I don't like what the narrator is saying. It doesn't resonate with me. I feel like m listening to Chapek trying to squeeze in as many TrUe DiSnEY mAgIc words as possible in the announcer voice. On the other hand, the opening phrases of Illuminations gave me goosebumps on my first show and still do this day.

- If you summarize the message carried out by the show, it's pretty much "Come to WDW, you will feel enchantment". Meh, could've been either focused on the "come to WDW" and go on about the history of the park and how it's enchanting people over generations or then the "you feel enchantment" which is more of a Disney theme through their fireworks

The good:
-The orchestra was very good, great job
-Some really good and innovative ideas in there
- Pyro was not bad

I think this was a reason why Enchantment fireworks is NOT celebrating the past, present, and future of Walt Disney World (particularly Magic Kingdom) despite being 50th anniversary fireworks, resulting much complaint online.

However, the good from Enchantment is Main Street USA is really utilized in the show.

Karakasa

It's not bad, but it's not as good as HEA. Really regret not seeing HEA one last time my last trip, now, because I thought this show would surely be as good, but it's not. There was some sort of narrative going on with HEA. This really did just feel like a clip show with a few characters reoccurring. It really doesn't use the whole castle as much as it ought to, either, it's very focused on the lower half and seems to treat it like a movie screen rather than a creative template. Fireworks are about the same.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Emotion:

“And so, our journey comes to an end. But yours continues on. Grab ahold of your dreams and make them come true. For you are the key to unlocking your own magic. Now go. Let your dreams guide you. Reach out and find your Happily Ever After”

FEMALE SOLOIST (ANGIE KEILHAU)
The battles, the stories,
The losses and all the glories.

MALE SOLOIST (JORDAN FISHER)
We’re changed by the way
We live every day.
Just look up and reach to the sky.

BOTH
We all have the courage to fly!

CHORUS
You can fly! You can fly!
You can fly! You can fly!
You can fly!

(TINKER BELL flies overhead.)

CHORUS
The story comes alive!

MALE SOLOIST
(When we look inside)

CHORUS
A new adventure, there in your eyes.

BOTH SOLOISTS
(There in your eyes!)

CHORUS
It’s just beginning,
Feel your heart beat faster.
Reach out and find your…
Reach out and find your…
Reach out and find your
Happily ever after!

(Fireworks finale.)

Not emotion:
- the new show

Nmoody1

Where is the emotion? I was watching this thinking "the next bit is going tonget me". It didn't.

I really think MK fireworks should be a curtain call on your day in the park- unfortunately this isn't a curtain call - I think it should be a reflection on what youbhave ridden and experienced that same day - there is no Moana in the MK, there is very little Frozen. Your emotions are tied up in what you have experienced that same day - with family and friends- not what you watched on Disney+ before your vacatiom/day in the park.

Unfortunately, when merchandisers run the park, this is what happens. See Paul Pressler. The quicker Bob Chapek heads back to a retailer the better!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Even the ending fell flat for me. Just lacks emotion we are used to in MK fireworks shows. HEA was much better IMO

I seriously can’t believe with a blank slate of ideas for new shows this, harmonious, and Kitetails were done the way they were. This does not give me good hope for the future of WDW to ever be like it once was or feel like it used to feel

rk03221

Disney is completely bombing out on celebrating the 50th with big wins here.
Kitetails, harmonious, and now this getting way more negative reviews than positive.

why they didn’t create shows that pay tribute to the history of WDW I have no idea
Money. I was a cm at wdw for a few years and we always referred to wdw as the “cash cow” compared to Disneyland being the “golden child” lol.

cookiee_munster

I was trying to view it from the perspective of a family who have either never been to the parks or who don't go to the parks a lot.

I guess for the general public it's a nice show. The kids will love seeing all the characters projected up on the castle.

and that's it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom