News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

wtyy21

I actually don’t see this as HEA 2.0.

This felt like a modern Wishes to me. Less of a story. A very instrumental driven Disney medley. It actually felt like a more classic Disney fireworks show to me.

It was a nice throwback. I actually really like it.
I agree with you. However, the Enchantment fireworks is not as good as RDCT because it lacks the nostalgia value as latter. Additionally, the firework show not even truly celebrates Walt Disney World as whole as the show showcasing Frozen II, Moana, and other movies instead showcasing rides like Haunted Mansion, POTC, Tiki Room, EWP, SSE, GMR, IASW, etc.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I never cared for projections anyway, they went allot lighter on them which I’m ok with, it was a bit shorter and the pyro was lacking I thought. Maybe camera angle is to blame. I just don’t know why to make of this one. I think I like it but not really sure. Never get this way about a show before.

jpinkc

Ok I can say honestly as a 50 something male, that it never like HEA before it made me well up or cry like Wishes could. HEA I think had more whimsey and fun to it. This isnt bad the castle stuff is very pretty, the mainstreet lights that I saw werent all that to me. The music for the most part is ok. Just not the sense of fun I felt from HEA. I think I will like it when we see it in Nov. But its just a fireworks and light show. I dont feel the heart in this like HEA or Wishes. LOL Maybe its the crappy Disney stream.

Disney Analyst

I agree with you. However, the Enchantment fireworks is not as good as RDCT because it lacks the nostalgia value as latter. Additionally, the firework show not even truly celebrates Walt Disney World as whole as the show showcasing Frozen II, Moana, and other movies instead showcasing rides like Haunted Mansion, POTC, Tiki Room, EWP, SSE, GMR, IASW, etc.

This was never going to be RDCT, so I didn’t expect that at all. I am just glad it felt more like an old school show

ifan

I know! There was no Pyro/soundtrack buildup to Tink but. I did see Pixie Dust(I think) going up to her tower right before she took off. I get why DPB went with Main Street's Camera for Tink. The Castle and Main Stree turned Gold when she flew. I believe we knew that since Enchantment was announced?
Yea - I think the biggest letdown I had while watching this was the lack of an epic Tink entrance. It needed more of a build-up or oomph right before she comes out. Rushed timing. It was like she was a celebrity forced to be seen at a party "yes yes im here! HI WAVE WAVE BYE!"

Outside of that I enjoyed the show and look forward to seeing it in person at some point.

VJ

Yea - I think the biggest letdown I had while watching this was the lack of an epic Tink entrance. It needed more of a build-up or oomph right before she comes out. Rushed timing. It was like she was a celebrity forced to be seen at a party "yes yes im here! HI WAVE WAVE BYE!"
agreed, tink was more of an afterthought than the focus of the scene she was in

jrhwdw

My ranking:
1)Fantasy In The Sky
2)Happily Ever After
3)Illuminations
4)Wishes
-
10) Enchantment
11) Harmonious

In all honesty it's not a horrible show but it's not a good replacement. If you're going to replace an already amazing show you need to one up it, like HEA did with Wishes. Instead it got worse. It's not up there with HEA. Not bad, but not great. And for those of you still claiming this is a temporary show for the 50th, they couldn't have done any worse for a show celebrating a theme park. It's all (mostly recent) movie soundtracks sung by completely different people. Nothing about this show celebrates WDW.

And for the Bobs, I think the speech was alright. I find it funny that nobody clapped for Chapek, but what can you expect at this point. I'm going to be really disappointed if they use tonight's little presentation as a replacement for a ceremony that should take place on the actual anniversary of the park.
I don't mind the Bobs but. I don't think we needed that and MMC Christy tonight! Not even Mickey and Friends in 50th outfits!!!

zombiebbq

the insane looks like a fireworks factory exploded finale would have been better with Enchantment than with Harmonious. I felt like Enchantment had no big ending.

Gringrinngghost

Since their stream was darker than some of my jokes. I had to brighten up the video.

2021-09-30 23_23_07-Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 - D__FMG Projects_Premiere Projects_Test _.png
2021-09-30 23_23_32-Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 - D__FMG Projects_Premiere Projects_Test _.png
2021-09-30 23_23_50-Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 - D__FMG Projects_Premiere Projects_Test _.png
2021-09-30 23_24_23-Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 - D__FMG Projects_Premiere Projects_Test _.png
2021-09-30 23_24_38-Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 - D__FMG Projects_Premiere Projects_Test _.png
2021-09-30 23_24_55-Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 - D__FMG Projects_Premiere Projects_Test _.png
2021-09-30 23_25_15-Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 - D__FMG Projects_Premiere Projects_Test _.png
2021-09-30 23_25_48-Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 - D__FMG Projects_Premiere Projects_Test _.png

Armerius

Ok I can say honestly as a 50 something male, that it never like HEA before it made me well up or cry like Wishes could. HEA I think had more whimsey and fun to it. This isnt bad the castle stuff is very pretty, the mainstreet lights that I saw werent all that to me. The music for the most part is ok. Just not the sense of fun I felt from HEA. I think I will like it when we see it in Nov. But its just a fireworks and light show. I dont feel the heart in this like HEA or Wishes. LOL Maybe its the crappy Disney stream.
yeah i think the stream was too dim... i guess i will have to see it in person to really decide.

DonaldDoleWhip

I get the Wishes comparison (Angela Bassett brings some Wishes-style elegance for sure), as well as HEA - it's the same template. Wherever DE falls for you may influence how you ultimately judge it.

Compared to Wishes, it's a little more elaborate and modern, as it utilizes some of HEA's technology and very recent IP. Main Street projections should also boost it.

Compared to HEA, it's a constant comparison of the previous content in that 'segment' (e.g. original song face-off, Moana Reprise vs. Go The Distance, Toy Story friend sequence vs. Toy Story friend sequence). These judgments are ultimately more personal, but at least there's a chance for the Enchantment segments to grow on us.

KingdomofDreams

I much prefer HEA and I don't think it's because I haven't seen Enchantment in person. The first time I saw HEA was on YouTube and it was love at first sight! I really wish we could have gotten a parade instead and left HEA as the show. Oh well... on the bright side... I will save a lot of $$$ by not caring enough about seeing it to buy dessert party viewing access. I don't know exactly why these shows aren't hitting it for me. I really want to love them and be excited to see them in person but there's just something lacking. Maybe it will grow on me?

jaxonp

When we went from Wishes to HEA it was such a big difference that it caught people offguard. But this show is so similar to HEA, yet different, that it is like watching your favorite broadway show with a new cast for the first time. You're so used to the original voices that your brain is almost confused.

The official live stream missed a lot and the audio being delayed a full second didn't help (the blogger livestreams made the projections on Main Street look a lot more cool and there seemed to be sparkly sound effects at some points.)

With that said, this is HEA 2.0. Same structure. I think it'll be a hit with mainstream crowds. My favorite part was the Trans Siberian Orchestra rock concert. I wondered how they'd match Pirates in HEA and that part was just as cool.

100X better than Harmonious. I think this show will grow on people.

This show is like if Universal tried to copy HEA. It sucks. HEA 2.0 more like HEA .25

Dubman

For me, almost all of the remixed songs were unrecognizable. The rendition of Into the Unknown was an off key mess, and with the narrator, I was expecting dinosaurs to come running out! On top of all that we didn’t even get to see the end because we had to pause for about 5 minutes or so, and when the live stream ended it became private and not viewable.

jpinkc

I dont think it is as bad as HARM. You cant help but compare it to HEA as they are such similar shows in tech and production. I do think HEA was better at least it connected to me more. But I think I will enjoy it when we see it live. It just doesnt have the Emotional power that Wishes had but I felt that way about HEA too. HEA was just kind of a Fun show, this didnt seem to have the playfull and fun feeling of HEA. Again it might change when I see it live. But they do need to Make TINK stand out more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom