News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

ToTBellHop

Are you the keymaster?
1670374037234.gif

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Wasn't the color theme of this silver/white and blue?

Those colors seem awfully familiar for Cinderella's Castle...
The repainting/decoration of the castle for Cinderella 70th/WDW 50th Anniversary was done in, I think, over 11 months (started in March 2020, resumed in June, and ended in April 2021 when the 50th decors started being placed). I doubt that they will be able to repaint it back to the original colors in less time than it took for the recent repainting. Consider, as well, that the Disney 100 celebration at Disneyland begins on January 27, 2 months and 4 days before the WDW 50th officially ends.

Vinnie Mac

The repainting/decoration of the castle for Cinderella 70th/WDW 50th Anniversary was done in, I think, over 11 months (started in March 2020, resumed in June, and ended in April 2021 when the 50th decors started being placed). I doubt that they will be able to repaint it back to the original colors in less time than it took for the recent repainting. Consider, as well, that the Disney 100 celebration at Disneyland begins on January 27, 2 months and 4 days before the WDW 50th officially ends.
The physical decorations is what made it 11 months long though not the paint job itself. The paint job was done in like a few months cause I remember them doing it while the park was closed for COVID

discos

Good tell them not to screw it up
Hopefully, they don't because that Imagineer who posted that picture on insta was responsible for the animation in Enchantment. Hopefully, he's not touching the actual castle animations in HEA and is just adding additional animation to Main Street.

Disney Glimpses

Hopefully, they don't because that Imagineer who posted that picture on insta was responsible for the animation in Enchantment. Hopefully, he's not touching the actual castle animations in HEA and is just adding additional animation to Main Street.
Like all Disney Animation productions, there isn't a single animator who does all the scenes. However, they do a remarkable job of making it seem like that. With Enchantment, they did not do that very well and it's why some scenes have awesome animation and others not so great.

I wouldn't be concerned about the animation quality in HEA 2.0; it needs to blend it with the rest of the show, they will make sure it does. My guess is Mousetrappe will be doing the new castle projections and the in house team will be doing the Main Street USA projections. Complete guess though, I have no idea.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Well, the animation for Enchantment was bad because they didn't really didn't have much time to work on it. I believe the person from Insta also worked on Happily Ever After so I think that as long as they have enough time to work on it it'll be good.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
The physical decorations is what made it 11 months long though not the paint job itself. The paint job was done in like a few months cause I remember them doing it while the park was closed for COVID
I think you're remembering DLP's castle refurbishment in 2021 for their 30th Anniversary. They announced their castle refurbishment in December 2020, started it in January 2021 (during their second temporary closure), and ended 11 months later (at this point, DLP already had its second reopening in June of that year).

Across the Atlantic, all construction works were halted in WDW when the parks temporarily closed in March 2020 (see BlogMickey article). This included the repainting of the castle for Cinderella 70th/WDW 50th. Construction work only resumed in June 2020 when the parks were announced to reopen in July of that year.

The 50th Anniversary decorations started to go up in March 2021 with the installation of the first wall bunting decor and ended on July 23 with the installation of the central crest, 2-ish months ahead of the 50th launch in October.

Vinnie Mac

I think you're remembering DLP's castle refurbishment in 2021 for their 30th Anniversary. They announced their castle refurbishment in December 2020, started it in January 2021 (during their second temporary closure), and ended 11 months later (at this point, DLP already had its second reopening in June of that year).

Across the Atlantic, all construction works were halted in WDW when the parks temporarily closed in March 2020 (see BlogMickey article). This included the repainting of the castle for Cinderella 70th/WDW 50th. Construction work only resumed in June 2020 when the parks were announced to reopen in July of that year.

The 50th Anniversary decorations started to go up in March 2021 with the installation of the first wall bunting decor and ended on July 23 with the installation of the central crest, 2-ish months ahead of the 50th launch in October.
I know construction stopped in March 2020 but the paint job was worked on during that initial quarantine period. Park closed in March with the original castle colors and opened in July with that pinkish color

CaptinEO

Finally saw this show. It was decent. More of the same I suppose. I really like the Disney World intro.

Happily Ever After had a better theme song I guess.

I wouldn't say this is a lot worse than Happily Ever After. Both are just movie clip shows. I'd say I prefer HEA but I don't think it's amazing.

I'm getting sick of the same song choices used in shows across WDW and DL. It gets so repetitive and they tend to ignore anything pre 1980s besides "I Wanna Be Like You" for some reason.

How many times do we need to hear A Whole New World, Friend Like Me, Beauty and the Beast, I am Moana , I See The Light, and Night on Bald Mountain in a show?

It's like they pull from the same list of 10 greatest hits songs.

Last edited:

Starship824

In the Parks
No
nope, the person from insta worked on disney enchantment - he's posted about it
Oh, I saw a post where it showed all the different fireworks shows in books with latest one open to enchantment, I guess interpreted that as him saying he worked on HEA but you’re right it appears like he didn’t work on HEA 2017 since no other posts reference it.

Disney Glimpses

So, are we thinking they continue to run Enchantment beyond the end of the 50th (March 31)? In order to do so, the 50th decorations would have to stay. Also, they would likely have to go back to the original introduction. Both seem like deal breakers to me. I don't believe they will repurpose the 50th decorations for the 100th nor do I think they will try to make Enchantment a non-50th show again.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
So, are we thinking they continue to run Enchantment beyond the end of the 50th (March 31)? In order to do so, the 50th decorations would have to stay. Also, they would likely have to go back to the original introduction. Both seem like deal breakers to me. I don't believe they will repurpose the 50th decorations for the 100th nor do I think they will try to make Enchantment a non-50th show again.
Just like the transition from HEA, they had no shows for a day or two?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom