Disney emplyees arrested in under age sex stings

seascape

Threads like this have no place on this or any theme park discussion board. If you were to look at this in the real light of day there are predators everywhere. It's not just employees but guests. The CNN report showed Universal, Sea World and Disney all had employees involved and it was at about the same percentage. However everyone is talking about Disney. That is wrong. What will happen to the numbers at Universal if they build the 3 planned hotels? And an even bigger question what about the guests? If one were to continue with these stories they will destroy not only Disney because you can't protect your kids but Universal and Sea World. If you want to protect kids we need to educate them. You will always live near, work with and associate with criminals and predators. I was shocked when a coworker was arrested for child . He was also a soccer coach. Should my employer be responsible for that? This must stop or we will destroy the theme park industry and yet not solved the problem or figured out who will pay to care for the predators because no one wants them to work or live near them.

Matt_Black

You will always live near, work with and associate with criminals and predators.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe this. While kids should be taught a reasonable amount of caution, I believe that most people in this world are good. To quote Patton Oswalt- "But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago."

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
wait....no one has started the argument about magic band tracking for pedophiles for CMs yet and how Uni wouldn't have this problem? lol

I'm disappointed in some of you....I expected so much more :)
Well, no one besides you. But I suppose we just all wannabe@disney....

I_heart_Tigger

Original Poster
is this just a matter of Disney being a huge demographic of the population in that area and there is bound to be a certain percentage in line with standard populations of sexual predators

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/14/us/th...ld-sex-stings/index.html?sr=sharebar_facebook

Huge demographic?

35 arrests out of 70,000 CMs? That 0.05%.

You misunderstood what I was saying. I'm not saying there were a huge number of sexual predators. I'm saying that Disney employees a huge number of people in that area and that therefore there is bound to be a small number of sexual predators within that group of Disney employees.

seascape

I'm sorry, but I don't believe this. While kids should be taught a reasonable amount of caution, I believe that most people in this world are good. To quote Patton Oswalt- "But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago."
I used to think there were no sexual predators living near me then came Megans Law. You would be shocked at how many live within a mile of you. In NJ you can check. It's also become Law is most states. Take a look.

Goofyernmost

I've got stories.

I used to intentionally give surveys to older men sitting across from child fountains. Most of them got up and left.
I don't know what you did as a survey or what you were trying to prove, but it is obvious that you are not an older man that has already raised your children and miss those years. It is insulting to imply that because an "old man" was sitting there watching children having fun in the fountains have carnal thoughts in mind or anything close to that. Let me educate you, in this case, what they are thinking is how much they miss there small children, the wide eyed excitement that they seem to come by so easily. The years of togetherness, bonding and working their way through the tough times, the easy times and the shear joy of watching your children grow to be happy, healthy and successful adults. But, that doesn't mean that they don't get a little melancholy about the fact that those days are gone and they try to revive that by simply watching a child laughing, giggling and having fun.

Last edited:

HatboxGhost

I used to think there were no sexual predators living near me then came Megans Law. You would be shocked at how many live within a mile of you. In NJ you can check. It's also become Law is most states. Take a look.
Its actually scary. There are sexual predators EVERYWHERE. I worked with a guy who, about 6 months ago, killed himself because he was busted with child . Just check online to see who is in your area and you will sh*t when you realize that there are more than a few right down the street and in your small town. It creeps me out and again its scary as hell.

DGRYAN1977

Threads like this have no place on this or any theme park discussion board. If you were to look at this in the real light of day there are predators everywhere. It's not just employees but guests. The CNN report showed Universal, Sea World and Disney all had employees involved and it was at about the same percentage. However everyone is talking about Disney. That is wrong. What will happen to the numbers at Universal if they build the 3 planned hotels? And an even bigger question what about the guests? If one were to continue with these stories they will destroy not only Disney because you can't protect your kids but Universal and Sea World. If you want to protect kids we need to educate them. You will always live near, work with and associate with criminals and predators. I was shocked when a coworker was arrested for child . He was also a soccer coach. Should my employer be responsible for that? This must stop or we will destroy the theme park industry and yet not solved the problem or figured out who will pay to care for the predators because no one wants them to work or live near them.

Sure it does. This site is about Disney. Disney was involved. No different than if there was an article about food in the 3 theme parks then people discussed it. People are discussing the monorail and Pirates incident. Should that be banned as well?
Things aren't all shiny and perfect in any of the parks. Don't know why this or any site needs to pretend they are and not discuss the darker sides.

WDWDad13

Sure it does. This site is about Disney. Disney was involved. No different than if there was an article about food in the 3 theme parks then people discussed it. People are discussing the monorail and Pirates incident. Should that be banned as well?
Things aren't all shiny and perfect in any of the parks. Don't know why this or any site needs to pretend they are and not discuss the darker sides.

how was Disney involved?

WDWDad13

VERY well said!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom