Disney emplyees arrested in under age sex stings

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I don't believe so........if you take 70,000 X .05% that is 3,500 not 35.

I believe I am correct.

BTW..........it has been reported that the actual number of CM over the 8 years is 300,000 so the % is more like .0001%

AKK

10% is 0.1.....0.05% is 0.0005.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I don't believe so........if you take 70,000 X .05% that is 3,500 not 35.

I believe I am correct.

BTW..........it has been reported that the actual number of CM over the 8 years is 300,000 so the % is more like .0001%

AKK

70,000 x .05 is 3,500.
70,000 x .05% is 35.

Obi

I am not sure I agree with the amount of people, but I do totally agree if you check the online lists you will be amazed who is listed and where they are.

Creepy and scary!

AKK
there are a lot more abusers/predators than most people can fathom and/or want to believe....

however, the # shouldn't even matter because if even ONE CHILD is sexually abused that is one too many....

it just surprises me how society can get more outraged over animal cruelty, like the michael vick situation, than child sexual abuse.. i find animal cruelty abhorrent as well... however, society still would rather have child sexual abuse stories/ sexual predator stories be pushed under the rug to never be heard of, but go completely bananas over other forms of abuse and cruelty...

DisneyDebRob

Society is not MORE outraged by animal abuse. This is where the problem of confronting these subjects always takes a left turn.
Most people are disgusted by child abuse and would love to have 10 minutes alone with the abuser.
Most people are also disgusted with animal abuse and I for one would love having some alone time with the abuser.the Michael Vick thing exploded just because of who he is.
To compare 2 disgusting things that happen does not help the problem. All abusers,IMHO should be taken out back to the wood shed.
We should all be disgusted by any type of abuse.
Ok, off my soap box...

cw1982

there are a lot more abusers/predators than most people can fathom and/or want to believe....

however, the # shouldn't even matter because if even ONE CHILD is sexually abused that is one too many....

it just surprises me how society can get more outraged over animal cruelty, like the michael vick situation, than child sexual abuse.. i find animal cruelty abhorrent as well... however, society still would rather have child sexual abuse stories/ sexual predator stories be pushed under the rug to never be heard of, but go completely bananas over other forms of abuse and cruelty...

I don't think it's about "society" pushing those stories under the rug. I think it's more about the victims and their families wanting a certain level of privacy that they may be afraid they'll lose if they go public with something like this. When an animal is abused, no one has to worry about being embarrassed, because the perception is that the animal won't know about the ring of noise surrounding the incident. Many sex abuse victims never report what happens because they are embarrassed or intimidated. They don't want everyone else knowing all the sick details, don't want to risk being called a liar or challenged, etc. Animal abuse is horrible too, but it just doesn't come with the same level of intimate detail, so people tend to be less shy about discussing it.

If anyone is truly pushing those stories under the rug, aside from the victims themselves, it's likely people who are protecting the abusers for whatever reason, which is horrible... but again, I wouldn't call that "society."

KingdomofDreams

There are sick, evil perverts in every walk of life. Unfortunately, unless/until they are caught in the act, they all too often hide undetected in society. I'm sure Disney uses every means at their disposal to screen these types out, but legally, there is only so much they can do.

Obi

cw,

you hit it on the head... more personal intimate detail.... that is why a lot of these stories get shoved down or not brought up at all... people can't handle hearing the horrid stories that a lot of kids go through...

it was very difficult for me, when i first started to talk about what i went through, but i knew i had to do it.. almost every time i talked about it, there was always others telling me to shut up.. don't talk about it... nobody wants to hear that crap... i've been ostracized a lot for discussing anything to do with this topic by the public... doesn't matter because i know the more i voice about what is going on... the more people will wake up and realize what is really going on....

you can see it in this thread alone... there are people that don't know, don't want to accept, can't see, just how huge this problem is... why is that? mostly because these stories get shoved down...

here is a link to a male survivor site... for those that want to see what is really going on in this world and what we as survivors go through...

www.malesurvivor.org

feel free to read through some of the topics in the discussion forums... if you got a strong stomach, feel free to read some of the survivor stories...

Goofyernmost

I don't mean any disrespect, but how do you know what any other person in the situation Dave was describing might have been thinking? I can certainly see that your scenario is just as plausible as what Dave was implying, but I can tell you from experience that there are certainly several possibilities there, and not all of them are as innocent as what you describe. I'm 31 years old, but I am constantly told that I look much younger (no joke... a janitor who did not know me at my last job back in May yelled at me because she thought I was a student in an unauthorized area before school one day... and I constantly had kids in the hallway who didn't know me who tried to talk to me like I was one of their peers because they didn't know who I was), and I have certainly felt very uncomfortable before when certain people have given me stare downs. In fact, there used to be an older man who would frequent the gym where I go, and he used to make a point to approach me every time he saw me and inform me that I was "the prettiest one in there." It got to the point where I would avoid whatever area of the gym he was in so that I could avoid his comments and the creepy looks. I wasn't the only one he did that to, either. I have friends who wouldn't go in the gym at all if they saw his car in the parking lot.

I'm not trying to say that I doubt that you, or even most, old men are thinking more innocent thoughts when they watch kids like that, but there are definitely those out there who appear to cross the line into creepy, so I can definitely see why it would be easy to think that some of those men he was talking about were thinking less than pure thoughts.
I don't and neither does anyone else. Unless they told him that, it is only a guess that they are creepy simply because the appear to be. I might have over reacted a bit, but, seriously, we were having a discussion about pedophiles and then up comes a post that says... I could tell you stories and immediately goes to old men sitting on benches watching children play in the fountains. If that isn't an implied connection just what the hell is? It angered me because now because of a few perverted people, I have to be looked as like I was one of them in the same way that people on scooters are considered fake because they can walk a few steps without them. That discussion could have gone many ways, but, it didn't it went directly to singling out that an older segment of population is watching children because they secretly want them physically. I don't have the stats on hand but I'd be inclined to believe that most child, non-relative, child abuse is by younger people, not the old men in question.

That nice young couple with the two or three small children may just consist of a person that spends his or her evenings sifting through child on the internet. You don't know that but because they aren't alone they are normal, not creepy. This is a serious problem and it needs addressing, but, it also has to be looked at with facts not thoughts that someone has intentions/desires that have never been expressed, but, we feel that because of how they look, we can correctly draw that conclusion or imply it.

cw1982

I don't and neither does anyone else. Unless they told him that, it is only a guess that they are creepy simply because the appear to be. I might have over reacted a bit, but, seriously, we were having a discussion about pedophiles and then up comes a post that says... I could tell you stories and immediately goes to old men sitting on benches watching children play in the fountains. If that isn't an implied connection just what the hell is? It angered me because now because of a few perverted people, I have to be looked as like I was one of them in the same way that people on scooters are considered fake because they can walk a few steps without them. That discussion could have gone many ways, but, it didn't it went directly to singling out that an older segment of population is watching children because they secretly want them physically. I don't have the stats on hand but I'd be inclined to believe that most child, non-relative, child abuse is by younger people, not the old men in question.

That nice young couple with the two or three small children may just consist of a person that spends his or her evenings sifting through child on the internet. You don't know that but because they aren't alone they are normal, not creepy. This is a serious problem and it needs addressing, but, it also has to be looked at with facts not thoughts that someone has intentions/desires that have never been expressed, but, we feel that because of how they look, we can correctly draw that conclusion or imply it.

I fully agree. There's nothing about an old man that makes him more or less likely to be a sex offender than a younger one. For that matter, some women are sex offenders too. Labeling is definitely not helpful in cases like these, because as others have said, statistics show it's more about the ties that the victim has with the abuser than it is about demographics. I just don't think that Dave meant to imply that all old men who sit on a bench at Disney World are perverts. It sounded to me like he was picking up on certain vibes that were making him uncomfortable, and he was acting on them in the best way he knew how. I'm not speaking for him... I just interpreted that a little differently from you I guess.

Pixie VaVoom

It's sick and disgusting, but it's also not Disney's fault. If someone's record is clean on hiring day, Disney has no clue about that person's future.

However, all theme parks know that this business attracts a variety of people, including weirdos and sickos. Traveling carnies and gypsies have had bad reputations for centuries.

The majority of Disney CMs (or Uni or SW ones) are normal, good people; but parents who let their kids run off unsupervised because "it's Disney" are idiots.

Can we just edit that down to just "parents who let their kids run off unsupervised ... are idiots." ???

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The image of the creepy old man is not the reality. These men and women have to blend into the normal world. If they were creepy no one would hire them. The fact that over 90% of kids are abused by someone they know means that either all those parents are idiots leaving their kids with creepy people or that most a users don't seem creepy.

Cesar R M

The image of the creepy old man is not the reality. These men and women have to blend into the normal world. If they were creepy no one would hire them. The fact that over 90% of kids are abused by someone they know means that either all those parents are idiots leaving their kids with creepy people or that most a users don't seem creepy.
Agree, the worst part is.. some of these abusers are in position of trust.
like the case of the port orleans CM.. which was a PASTOR and was caught watching child ography while writing a sermon for his church.

Obi

removed this thread this very scary!
this is what I am talking about.
is it scary? Yes, it is. Very much so. All the more reason to not take it down. People need to be aware of what is going on.
cw, proved my point that most people, society, doesn't want to hear it. A lot of what was said with regards to survivors not telling, especially with male survivors, is due to society's views on them. They are told that they won't be believed. That males can't be survivors because they are supposed to be macho, tough and so on. Males are also told that they aren't survivors because they got lucky. Most don't talk because of these views by society.

this is the reason to keep threads like this going. To help those that are survivors out there that they are not alone and it is ok to talk. It is also good to provide information for everyone out there, including parents, on what to be cautious of, look for, etc to help prevent the abuse from even happening.

Obi

correct.

surprisingly enough, a lot of kids are abused by a family member. more often a parent, which does include mothers. followed closely by other people that they trust like friends of the family, clergy members, members of the same church they belong to, coaches, doctors, scout leaders, teachers, police and so on and so on... it's a smaller percentage that abuse happens from a stranger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom