News 'Disney Dreams That Soar' Drone show coming to Walt Disney World this summer

Disone

As they should since these things are fairly heavy and up over 100ft in the air, gravity asserting its dominance over the drone such that it falls on you would hurt, a lot.
I decided to Google that and surprisingly they're not that heavy. The heavy ones are a couple of pounds.

Granted I don't want a 3 or 4 lb weight dropping from a couple hundred ft hitting me in the head but still, the I did assume they weighed more.

Touchdown

I decided to Google that and surprisingly they're not that heavy. The heavy ones are a couple of pounds.

Granted I don't want a 3 or 4 lb weight dropping from a couple hundred ft hitting me in the head but still, the I did assume they weighed more.
4 lbs is half a gallon of milk. Would still be painful and potentially life threatening.

Disone

4 lbs is half a gallon of milk. Would still be painful and potentially life threatening.
Yeah but I kind of said that🙂.

So apparently a show Drone can weigh between 232g to 540g. ( Google AI results)

540g is 1.19lbs.

So honest opinion to you or anyone else. The boats that go to from Port Orleans and key West do have roofs. Are those roofs sufficient protection enough if a 1.19 lb object falling from the sky strike them?

UNCgolf

Yeah but I kind of said that🙂.

So apparently a show Drone can weigh between 232g to 540g. ( Google AI results)

540g is 1.19lbs.

So honest opinion to you or anyone else. The boats that go to from Port Orleans and key West do have roofs. Are those roofs sufficient protection enough if a 1.19 lb object falling from the sky strike them?

It would probably depend on how high the drone was when it fell. If it's in a free fall from 250 feet, it would be going roughly 85 mph (well, probably a little slower due to air resistance). That would cause a pretty significant impact even for something only weighing one pound.

Last edited:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
IMG_3951.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom