News 'Disney Dreams That Soar' Drone show coming to Walt Disney World this summer

JMcMahonEsq

Yeah other than people going nuts in the world of Disney, I’d say the majority just go there to eat and take in the atmosphere
Other than locals, I never really understood the marketing thoughts behind the non/disney shops at Disney Springs. If I am traveling on vacation I don’t want to spend money or lug around anything I can pick up at shop locally or online. The food, drinks, atmosphere I get. Disney shopping, sure, but I can get vineyard vine or Harley merch anywhere.

Related note i have always been disappointed that there are not special unique Lego sets only available at the store at DS. Make a spaceship earth, tree of life, tower of terror set and only sell them there.

Comped

Related note i have always been disappointed that there are not special unique Lego sets only available at the store at DS. Make a spaceship earth, tree of life, tower of terror set and only sell them there.
That's a problem with Lego not Disney. Lego decides what sets get made, and with the exception of architecture sets and some small promo items, they don't tend to make huge exclusive sets like you're suggesting for a particular store or location and sell it exclusively there. Even the Statue of Liberty, which has been made into multiple sets over the years, has always been for sale outside of NYC - only architecture sky lines have been somewhat location exclusive, and those are generally easy to make 90% of the time with parts you can get from anywhere except for the name plates and the occasional specialty piece. Lego would probably never do it unless they could sell it everywhere, and considering all that Disney seems to agree to them making are castles, I would doubt it happening unfortunately.

ToTBellHop

DS has some of the best dining at WDW but we find it’s not usually worth the effort to get there. We need a hotel for a night before a cruise in July and we’re between Saratoga (walk to DS) and AKL (giraffes) so we left it up to the kids. Giraffes won! Disney Magic>celebrity chef for us.

Last edited:

TTA94

Any guesses on the soundtrack this will have? Not expecting something major with its own theme song like we’d see in the parks. I’d say maybe something reused but I can’t think of anything that would fit the name and description of the show.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Any guesses on the soundtrack this will have? Not expecting something major with its own theme song like we’d see in the parks. I’d say maybe something reused but I can’t think of anything that would fit the name and description of the show.
Well the announcement did put that it will be "paired with a "soaring" musical score" so to me that implies it will have its own score arranged and orchestrated for it but that could mean anything honestly.

McMickeyWorld

If I could guess, I would bet they're going to reuse 'Let the Wonder Soar' from HKDL. It's odd for them to re-record it in English just for a one-time event, and it's not the first time they've done so

ToTBellHop

If I could guess, I would bet they're going to reuse 'Let the Wonder Soar' from HKDL. It's odd for them to re-record it in English just for a one-time event, and it's not the first time they've done so

The only thing more frightening than moppets are children moppets. They finish recording a ‘90s Disney theme song and then head across the studio lot to a New Line horror movie set where they eat their parents’ souls.

TTA94

Maybe they could reuse Shanghai’s Light Inside You from Illuminate that they cut from the post show and was rumored to be used for something else in the future. It doesn’t have anything to do with “soaring” but it is obvious about “lights”, so I suppose it could work 🤷‍♂️ Though it would be hated by many on here lol that song might work in a new “upbeat” light parade like Paint The Night with the theme of “Light Inside Of You”.

Other than locals, I never really understood the marketing thoughts behind the non/disney shops at Disney Springs. If I am traveling on vacation I don’t want to spend money or lug around anything I can pick up at shop locally or online. The food, drinks, atmosphere I get. Disney shopping, sure, but I can get vineyard vine or Harley merch anywhere.

Lego used to have a set for sale that I believe was only available at Disney Springs that was of the sea monster in the lagoon out in front of the store. I would love for that to be re-released and for Lego to have other similar unique sets.

DisneyFanatic12

Depends on where you live… we used to love the outlets and Downtown Disney/Disney Springs because there weren’t any interesting stores within two hours of us. Really depends on where you live. Also, it’s nice if you need to pick something up that you forgot, and it always felt “magical” to me as a kid.

If I used to live in a city or more industrialized area, though, I’d probably feel the same as you.

jrhwdw

So....Apparently there was a Drone Teat last night at Springs????

Found it on FB, not going to Post the Link because IDK if the Pic is real or just Concept Art.....

TTA94

So....Apparently there was a Drone Teat last night at Springs????

Found it on FB, not going to Post the Link because IDK if the Pic is real or just Concept Art.....

You referring to the one that looks similar to another current drone show?

TTA94

True but Elliot could Soar.......

The Snail can't of course.

That Pic caught me off guard! LOL!!!!!

I did think of a soundtrack that could work for this show that is no longer being used. A prior awesome daytime parade soundtrack from TDL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom