News 'Disney Dreams That Soar' Drone show coming to Walt Disney World this summer

Squishy

I hope this show has some impressive amount of drones, more than DLP's nightly 500. DLP has fountains, projections, lasers & spotlights to go along with the drones, a plain drone show with music would be kind of underwhelming like last time.

Squishy

I’d love to read the memo on how there’s less liability in a drone falling on a guest who hasn’t paid admission versus one who has paid admission.
Executives are willing to risk people who don't pay getting injured over people who do pay /s

EricsBiscuit

Executives are willing to risk people who don't pay getting injured over people who do pay /s
I can assure you, a falling drone is a liability to both. A non paying guest at DS who is there to shop is a business invitee and as such Disney owes them a duty of reasonable care. This means that any dangers, e.g., falling drones, can lead to negligence claims against Disney (landowner).

Cmdr_Crimson

I like it!

Back in the early days, Pleasure Island had nightly NYE pyro.
And the CM's hated it..Hence this joke being made on The Simpsons..
5c2208_10160950.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

Hopefully security will force guests to see via ground level. Because, you know there will be the people that parked on the top level of the parking garages for reasons just so they can see it and get a better view of the show..Or guests waiting around up there for it to start.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hopefully security will force guests to see via ground level. Because, you know there will be the people that parked on the top level of the parking garages for reasons just so they can see it and get a better view of the show..Or guests waiting around up there for it to start.
I was hoping to climb atop the Planet Hollywood planet to watch!

jrhwdw

Their show hardware too has a wonderful knack of being taken out by weather as well.

Universal's Cinematic Spectacular: 100 Years of Movie Memories was damaged by Hurricane Irma. The show's hardware was damaged beyond repair so they decided to go forward with Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration which premiered 10 months after the Hurricane. Well come 2022, Hurricane Ian did a lot of damage to the Lagoon's infrastructure, so much so that Ghoulish which was for Halloween Horror Nights never returned and main version, Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration reopened in December of 2022 and was closed on March 9th, 2023.

Universal's now over a year without a lagoon show for nighttime entertainment and are still working on the Lagoon's hardware and outside of the drone testing, haven't done any form of show programming to my understanding nor testing in the lagoon.
Yes, it's not in a Park but....WDW announced their Summer Drone Show before USF.....If one is still coming this Summer...........
I was hoping to climb atop the Planet Hollywood planet to watch!
Realize this is a Joke but Honestly!

Did the Garages Close back in 2016? I don't remember if I read anything about that.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I'm interested to see what movies they put in this, it said movies that celebrate flight. I'm guessing Peter Pan, Big Hero 6, Aladdin probably, and my secrete hope of treasure planet but I kind of doubt that, I'm sure they'll be more I just can't think of anything else right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom