News 'Disney Dreams That Soar' Drone show coming to Walt Disney World this summer

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
What about it was atrocious? Size of crowds, dynamics of the crowd, being pancaked in the area as more crowds fill in..

The MK Hub is compost packed so if this is worse than that then I digress.
Id say its close to the same but with a bit less waiting to get on something. But i would consider MK Hub atrocious too.

So yes, atrocious.

DisneyFanatic12

But I am completely unaware of Boardwalk entertainment. Is it a big extravagant thing?
No, but it’s really fun if you’re staying at the resort. Usually 2-3 “circus” (which is used pretty loosely at times) acts go on during the night. The Boardwalk gets pretty congested at times due to the crowds watching the shows, but it’s kept nice, cute, and small-scale. Similar in scale to the Chip and Dale Campfire Singalong maybe.

More extravagant entertainment isn’t really needed at the resorts though. I never leave the resort grounds when I stay at a Disney resort, and I’ve never been able to do everything in a 2-night or so stay (I don’t stay at value resorts, which that wouldn’t apply to anyways).

Anyways, you’re absolutely right that there’s no “extravagant” night time entertainment at resorts, but there’s a lot of appropriately-sized entertainment offerings at the Disney moderate and especially deluxe resorts!

Disone

That's very unfortunate. It's a huge draw to the area.
You know a thought.... Quite literally Dreams that Soar is not the first drone show that Disney Springs has shown. They had the holiday one about 5 or 6 years ago. Disney Springs is much busier during the holidays yet for that they didn't line up the crowds into specific viewing areas. Maybe that was just the better plan?

Brian

That's very unfortunate. It's a huge draw to the area.
Too much so. GSATs were suffering because of how much of a cluster the West Side and to a lesser extent Disney Springs as a whole has been at night. The wall to wall people by Candy Cauldron we saw in the first few nights never really died down.

EeyoreFan#24

It has been an absolute operational nightmare for Disney Springs to run the show. It is basically a theme park scale show in a place that was not built or staffed to do it.

There were a ton and I mean a ton of Disney CMs staffing it last night. I thought maybe because it was the last night, but if they are doing that prep every night I could see where it’s not sustainable. Also I’m sure it’s a lot of money spent that mostly (hopefully) draws crowds to fill non Disney pockets at the springs.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
It was viewed as a way to bring in drones to WDW, at a venue that did not require any overflight of guest areas, could be setup fairly quickly and easily, and would possibly provide a boost to sales at Springs.
Well, now that we know they are successful and very popular at wdw what are th future of them? I know everyone's first thought has been animal Kingdom but I think you said there were a lot of logistical reason they can't do that. I saw someone once bring up the idea that they could do drones behind the pavilions at Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom