News 'Disney Dreams That Soar' Drone show coming to Walt Disney World this summer

mattpeto

You’d be surprised if they don’t incur operational expenses daily to have a drone show over a mostly third party operating district that’s not behind any kind of paywalls?

New here, huh?
Well last run wasn’t behind a paywall was it?

I don’t know if Disney Springs tenants paid for the show but it had to draw a nightly crowd.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well last run wasn’t behind a paywall was it?

I don’t know if Disney Springs tenants paid for the show but it had to draw a nightly crowd.
It is about 9 minutes long and ran for 4-5 months total?

It was neat…but didn’t it look like a a test/experiment show to you?…

Now…they had space there logistically…for the drones. The crowd was a mess…but the flight path was over a deadish waterway at night. Sounds kinda perfect?

And just doing some sleuthing…do these pictures peak your interest:

Attachments

• IMG_8111.jpeg
    IMG_8111.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8112.jpeg
    IMG_8112.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
Was able to finally see this tonight on its final few nights. The CMs were publicly acknowledging it, like go see it before it's gone in a few days!

Very cool show. I do love the theme song, very catchy. Would be sad if the song never gets used again. And the finale is my favorite with all the different character recreations and such. Just makes me think how this could be used in the parks (nudge nudge Animal Kingdom). I have seen DLP's drone show(s) in person, and those are just as impressive.
1000013830.jpg

1000013836.jpg

1000013839.jpg

1000013845.jpg

I do feel like this drone show accomplished something. It did bring me to Disney Springs (which is usually a skip for me because I don't need to do shopping at stores I have at my local mall) and get some food, so that's driving sales there at least.

Disney Springs could really use a permanent nighttime spectacular, on top of the various entertainment seen throughout the villages.

Last edited:

wdwfan22

If this show really was to bring people into DS and increase sales then the only reason I can think of why it won’t continue or have a holiday show is because they found it did bring in people, but it did not help with sales. Which imo is no surprise because I’m sure many just came to see the free show and then bolted.
It creates to much of an operational nightmare for staff. Disney Springs isn’t designed for this, the walkways are to cramped. I don’t see this coming back anytime soon.

doctornick

It creates to much of an operational nightmare for staff. Disney Springs isn’t designed for this, the walkways are to cramped. I don’t see this coming back anytime soon.
It feels to me what they need is something more like Awakenings or the SSE lights - a small scale thing that lasts a few minutes but goes off multiple times a night. Especially if there are a few different versions that play in a given night.

So something that people will go and watch but that won’t draw large crowds for any individual performance. I’m not sure if that’s possible as you’d have to balance “good enough to make an effort to see” vs “not too expensive or fancy”.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I have an idea of where this show could move to. I say bring it to Hollywood Studios. I know most people will probably say Animal Kingdom but apparently the drones are still too loud for the animals and there's issues how to bring out the drones without going over people. So bring it to Hollywood in front of the Chinese theater. Since they clearly don't want to large scale fireworks over there like they used to do drones instead.

mattpeto

It’s also a revenue maker for the restaurants and the retailers at Disney Springs. I went to DS only because of this show and ended up tacking on dining and Drawn to Life.

It’s the story of all nighttime shows. It’s a massive draw, logistics generally bad, but the money outweighs the cons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom