Disney Dreams Come True Parade Video

ilovepluto23

Just a quick question - why aren't Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather face characters at WDW? They are face characters at DL, and I've always thought they looked quite lovely. I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a specific reason?

I dunno, good question...Cinderella's Fairy Godmother is a "face" character. Go figure.

PKD

I heard that this this new parade was really hard on entertainment cast members. Some people were passing out in the middle of rehearsals. rehearsals were held at nite time too.

9 times out of 10 the rehearsals will be at night, normally between midnight and 4/5 am. It's the only time the CM's could walk the parade route and do the steps.

Chape19714

I really wish that Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather were face charactors, as well as Jafar, Frollo, and many others. It would really add a bunch, espically to Spectro. IMHO

mpaul32001

Original Poster
9 times out of 10 the rehearsals will be at night, normally between midnight and 4/5 am. It's the only time the CM's could walk the parade route and do the steps.

In Disney's history has the daytime parade ever been in place of the nightime parade because something went wrong with it? I bet it's a whole different experience at night! That would be so cool!

Incredibles

I wrote this in another thread about the parade.
Why don't we just call this parade what it really is:
The Parade of Characters.
I don't understand why so many parades and themes have to have "Dream" or "Magic" in the title. Let me rephrase: I do understand why Disney does it, but am I the only one that is starting to grow a little tired of this kick? Why not start new themes that all the characters can embrace (ie western themes, space themes, etc. that the characters can dress up as) or events taking place such as the Olympics years or sports seasons.

Sorry to rant on, but it sure seems that Imagineering is stuck in a rut. And recycling a parade that is 5 years old proves it.

Captain Hank

I just went and saw the parade in person today, and greatly enjoyed it. With the changes, it really did feel like a new parade. While the theme might seem repetitive on the video, it really didn't seem that way in person. I also think the choreography is much improved. There is a whole feeling of energy that goes along with this parade. I definately think this was a change for the better.

DisneyGibbs

I'd just like to say that I LOVE this parade. Share a Dream (also know as Slow and Dull) had done it's time...maybe that's because I do crowd control for it several times a week. I was so pleased when they took the globes away, and it's what the parades used to be like. It's professional and I like how all the performers do the same dance...and yes the Villians sing the same song, but that's hilarious.

The song is so upbeat (which makes the parade go a lot faster...thank goodness...you wouldn't believe how hard it is to work a parade in a polyester costume in the baking sun...I hate to think what the characters are feeling) and all in all has that kick that the parade needs.

And yes they use the same floats...most people don't know how long it would take for Disney to intergrate new floats into a brand new parade. Maybe they already are, it's not likely you're going to be told. The castle float (the one the Princesses used to be on) has been in parades since 1971, and somehow I think they'd like to keep it.

And don't forget, just because you have seen those floats again, doesn't mean to say that the thousands of other guests watching that parade have. For some of them this is the first time and that's extra magical.

Anyway that's my say. If you don't like the parade, well then don't go see it...just don't ruin the magic for everyone else. For the time being it's staying and I'm glad.

I'd just like to say that I LOVE this parade. Share a Dream (also know as Slow and Dull) had done it's time...maybe that's because I do crowd control for it several times a week. I was so pleased when they took the globes away, and it's what the parades used to be like. It's professional and I like how all the performers do the same dance...and yes the Villians sing the same song, but that's hilarious.

The song is so upbeat (which makes the parade go a lot faster...thank goodness...you wouldn't believe how hard it is to work a parade in a polyester costume in the baking sun...I hate to think what the characters are feeling) and all in all has that kick that the parade needs.

And yes they use the same floats...most people don't know how long it would take for Disney to intergrate new floats into a brand new parade. Maybe they already are, it's not likely you're going to be told. The castle float (the one the Princesses used to be on) has been in parades since 1971, and somehow I think they'd like to keep it.

And don't forget, just because you have seen those floats again, doesn't mean to say that the thousands of other guests watching that parade have. For some of them this is the first time and that's extra magical.

Anyway that's my say. If you don't like the parade, well then don't go see it...just don't ruin the magic for everyone else. For the time being it's staying and I'm glad.

CHEERS!! As a fellow cast member I'm sick and tired of the disney obsessed guest that ruin the magic for everyone. OMG, COP is down, Wonders of life is closing, why did they they add the wand to the giant ball? why is spacemountain changing to "rockin spacemountain?" WHINE WHINE WHINE!!

Don't you think I feel jealous of the people who got to open up disneyworld back in the day? Or for the people who saw horizons, or the previous spaceship earth scenes? Yes, I'm sad at the fact that I can't do that but things have to change sadly. While we don't like them, there's nothing we can do about it. Tough cookies....you don't like the new parade, don't watch it. Go whine to someone who cares seriously....

Besides, the kids seem to be enjoying it. The kids are the only people that matter to me while working at disney world. Since I never got to go to disney world when I was a kid. That's why I work here now, and while guest put me in a bad mood occasionally, the children always make me feel better. Especially over at character connections when a toddler wobbles over to mickey for the first time ever. So stop being overdramatic "I think I know everything about disney" people and start being a kid again please.

IcicleM

And here are some pictures from the parade. There's actually a funny story to go with one of them, so I added a picture of me and a friend of mine (the tall guy, haha) with Wendy.

Him and I met Wendy maybe 2 days earlier at MGM Studios after the Animation Show, and we were the last people she was meeting until she went on break so we got to chat with her. I don't know if any of you have encountered her before but she is AMAZINGLY nice. She's absolutely fabulous, and she has the cutest British accent. She's definetely QUITE British, haha. Anyway, two days after we met, we were watching the second performance of Disney Dreams Come True, and there she was. You can see her on the Peter Pan float, on the right. Pretty awesome, huh? When we noticed that it was definetely her, she was turned towards Peter, and then she turned around, and just happened to see us. It shocked her so much, her eyes got all big, and she waved to us and shouted "Oh my gosh, how are you!" And we were yelling back, and people around us were like "Oh my gosh, they must know the person who's playing Wendy." It was great fun, haha, and we were both so happy she remembered us. It was my friend's first time in Disney World and him being a very emotional gay guy, cried at the slightest thing, so I KNEW the waterworks were coming when Wendy remembered us, haha, and so they did...

DisneyPics2006032.jpg

DisneyPics2006042.jpg

DisneyPics2006045.jpg

DisneyPics2006047.jpg

DisneyPics2006048.jpg

DisneyPics2006049.jpg

DisneyPics2006050.jpg

DisneyPics2006051.jpg

DisneyPics2006052.jpg

DisneyPics2006054.jpg

dixiegirl

now the next question is does anyone have audio from the parade?? I haven't seen anything to buy yet..but was curious if anyone has the loop to it?? I tried limewire but nothing..

DisneyGibbs

I know, that Wendy is amazing. There are a few characters in the parade that do it all the time and just simply know their characters to a tee. Especially one the the wicked queen's. She is brilliant at what she does.

OH, and Innoventions rocks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom