Disney Dollars Discontinued?

WickedQueen22

Thanks you so much!! The $10 shipping will be much less that the gas to get there at 16 miles per gallon in my SUV. I will just wait until August and purchase her birthday and :xmas: dollars at the same time.

DisneyGigi

Nonsense.

They actually make money hand over fist on Disney Dollars. There are enough people who collect/horde them and people who simply lose them to make up for any printing costs associated with providing them. If they sell you ten Disney Dollars for ten US dollars and subsequently you purchase something for 7, whether they give you change in Disney Dollars or US dollars costs them nothing and they still make a substantial profit from the seven dollar item that was likely made for them in China for one dollar or less.

Don't ever think Disney would have anything that was a profit-loser in their system, it'll never happen. :lol:

That's what I was thinking. There is no telling how much money they make on the people that save these for scrapbooks/memento etc.

I am hearing that they are looking to switch to a new distribition center...I believe Childrens Place took care of them so they are possible in the process of switching it over to Disney

mcbates23

Nonsense.

They actually make money hand over fist on Disney Dollars. There are enough people who collect/horde them and people who simply lose them to make up for any printing costs associated with providing them. If they sell you ten Disney Dollars for ten US dollars and subsequently you purchase something for 7, whether they give you change in Disney Dollars or US dollars costs them nothing and they still make a substantial profit from the seven dollar item that was likely made for them in China for one dollar or less.

Don't ever think Disney would have anything that was a profit-loser in their system, it'll never happen. :lol:

OK. I'm wrong. How I don't know. Gift cards are the ultimate money maker for any business. Once they have your money they have it. BTW disney does loose money just like any other business. Everything disney touches doesn't turn to gold. DCA and DRP are just 2 examples. The later is getting better but still has problems.

lilo091701

Stores will have them soon!!!!

The Disney Stores that closed or are closing DO NOT have Disney Dollars for that reason ( they are closing and considered a liquidated store). But the stores that are remaining open will have them soon. They just had us do an inventory on them and we are doing our monthly count on them Monday!!!
So keep calling and checking, they will be there sooner or later!!!

bgraham34

I want to get some for my niece who will be going to the world next month for her first trip. I will have to call my local store and see if they have any in stock.

SewIn2Disney

I just called the Disney Store at The Hershey Outlets. They still have Disney Dollars :sohappy:
Off topic---but is that a Disney Store Outlet there or just a Disney Store?
I'm headed to hershey in a few weeks, and we always hit those outlets for a few hours one day. I don't remember there being a Disney Store there last year!
I've got two outlets near me---one has a normal Disney Store, and the other has a Disney Store Outlet (which is def. better!)

Disneykidder

I just called my local Disney Outlet Store and asked if they can ship them and they said no, no stores are allowed. That would have been a perfect option.

fosse76

OK. I'm wrong. How I don't know. Gift cards are the ultimate money maker for any business. Once they have your money they have it. BTW disney does loose money just like any other business. Everything disney touches doesn't turn to gold. DCA and DRP are just 2 examples. The later is getting better but still has problems.

Disney Dollars isn't any different than the gift card. In fact, they probably make more money from Disney Dollars than gift cards. As posters here have said, people often keep a few of them as souvenirs, so if you put that number in the thousands of the number of people who keep them as souvenirs, then Disney is making a huge profit. And as for receiving change in American Dollars, the odds are that the change will also be spent in Disney. So the change is negligible. Gift cards, on the other hand, have a much more likely chance of being used up completely.

RedBaron

I sure hope that they continue to offer Disney Dollars. I know when we finally get to take the kids to WDW, I want to use the dollars as rewards for them to spend when they are there. Little kids love to have paper money so the gift cards would not be as fun in my opinion (well until they get older). :)

Disneykidder

Off topic but...I went to the Lancaster one in February. I didn't think it was bad at all. I thought it had a nice set up and great merchandise. I bought my son a couple of outfits that were cool. The one near my house in Tanger Outlets is awesome. They sell DD, pins, clothes, dinnerware, etc.,

I FINALLY found Disney dollars. :D I called every mall in NE Ohio and found them 30 miles away. Most of the places that I called have not had them for months and have no idea when they will get them. They all said that they expect them, but have no clue when. Yeah, I did it. I used precious gasoline to drive 30 some miles one way for Disney dollars. I bought all of the 10's that they had, a few 5's because they were too cute to pass and a few ones for the same reason. Left there with 572 Disney dollars for our trip in September. :D DH thinks I'm nuts.......... :eek:

Baloo423

There is a company wide shortage of Disney Dollars right now. Not naming names, but the company that Disney bought us back from, did not order enough before the Disney Stores changed hands. Now the Disney Stores are either completely out or have very few left. We do not expect to get any for awhile. BUT, Disney does still make them and we will still be carrying them soon. You can still get them at the Parks in Florida and California. Disney Dollars are the same as cash. But who wants Washington on a bill when you can have the Main Mouse Himself?! :)

fauna

Original Poster
I'm glad to know that Disney Dollars are still around. I'll continue to check back at my local store. I'm keeping track of the Disney Dollars that my fabulous kids are earning this summer. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom