Disney Dining Plan Question!?

JohnnyDollaz89

Okay i have a question about the snack for the DP. I have the DP where they give you 1 snack, 1 sit down and 1 quick service a day. And i see on the site snacks are qualified as ice cream bar, water, soda, pop corn, fruit, is that all we are limited to as our snack or is there other items? Or do i need to be on like the highest level DP to get the best snacks?

ob1thx1138

Okay i have a question about the snack for the DP. I have the DP where they give you 1 snack, 1 sit down and 1 quick service a day. And i see on the site snacks are qualified as ice cream bar, water, soda, pop corn, fruit, is that all we are limited to as our snack or is there other items? Or do i need to be on like the highest level DP to get the best snacks?

A snack is a snack regardless of which plan you are on. The only thing that changes is the quantity you get per night. As for what is a snack? Well others can answer that better than me because there are some things that you would not consider a snack but you can still purchase them with a single snack credit.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

Snacks are tricky. You can get what you said, but if you look closely at places, you can get really good things. For instance, at yak n yeti, a snack is two spring rolls, or chicken fried rice, and at main street confectionary, you can get awesome muffins! Just look around, and you will find things you never thought you could get.

Upvote 0

Jim B

Top Rated Snacks

Here is an idea list of some "do not miss" snacks in different categories:

Breakfast Snack Items:
1. Warm Cinnamon Rolls from Main St. Bakery in Magic Kingdom
2. Yogurt Parfait
2. Cheese Danish and other assorted Danishes.
3. Blueberry Muffins and other assorted muffins.
4. Fresh Fuit Bowls.

Lunch Snack Items
1. Pork Egg Rolls at Yak & Yeti Quick Service in Animal Kingdom
2. Chicken Fried Rice at Yak & Yeti Quick Service in Animal Kingdom
3. Mixed Greens Salad at Catalina Eddie's, Toy Story Pizza Planet, & Rosie's in Hollywood Studios
4. Soup at Rosie's All American Cafe in Hollywood Studios

Desert Snack Items
1. Butterfinger Cupcake at Starring Rolls Cafe
2. Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich at Main St. Bakery
3. Napoleon from Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot
4. Any Dessert ( Butterfinger Cheesecake, Key Lime Pie) From Sunshine Seasons in Epcot

Bakery Snack Items
Starring Rolls Cafe in Hollywood Studios, Main St. Bakery in the Magic Kingdom, and Sunshine Seasons & Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot have unbelievable treats that are one Disney Dining Plan Snack Credit each.

Upvote 0

ornurse

There is a website you can check out that has a list of many of the snack options available at all the parks. They even have a little booklet you can print out and take with you. Here's the link.......www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/PocketGuides. Sorry if I didn't do it correctly, but if you go to the mouseforless.com you will find the pocket guide. It's really useful if you aren't sure of snack options.
Have fun!

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Here's the link.......www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/PocketGuides. Sorry if I didn't do it correctly, but if you go to the mouseforless.com you will find the pocket guide. It's really useful if you aren't sure of snack options.
Have fun!

That link didn't work for me. Try http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/discounts/snacks.shtml

But basically, just look for this picture on menus
disneydiningplansnackcredit.jpg
Those are snacks.

Upvote 0

ArtieJim

Definitely look for that snack sign posted above, there are a lot more snacks to be had than just the ice cream, popcorn, etc that the DDP site says. My favorite are the snacks around the world in Epcot.

Upvote 0

Beth R

Our favorite snack option is a cookie ice cream sandwich at MK Main St Bakery. 2 HUGE cookies and lots of ice cream sandwiched in between... mmm!

You used to be able to get them from Animal Kingdom (and maybe elsewhere) as a snack credit, but Main St Bakery is the only place I've seen that still counts it as a snack-- everywhere else you have to pay separately for it.

Hope you're able to see this pic...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/....558439760285.2086763.20406156&type=1&theater

Upvote 0

Rob562

And a quick explanation to hopefully make things a little clearer:

The items listed as Snacks in the official brochure (soda, water, ice cream novelty, box of popcorn, piece of fruit, etc) are items that are widely available all over WDW property. If a location serves any of those items, those have to be offered as a Snack option.

But, each individual location can also choose additional items to offer as a Snack item. And because there's such a wide and varying array of items, there's no way to include all of them in the brochure. That's why they put the white-and-purple DDP logo next to items that are Snacks. There's also a single line in the brochure that mentions looking for the logo to indicate "additional items available as snacks".

The "snack-like item under $4" is a good general rule, but it's not the end-all-be-all rule. I've seen instances where it doesn't necessarily make sense, but the $4 rule isn't followed. At one point, a basket of onion rings at Flame Tree BBQ could be had for a Snack credit, while a basket of fries could not, even though the fries were cheaper than the onion rings. And don't be surprised if things change. The only things that HAVE to be offered as a Snack are the items in the official brochure.

Lastly, I didn't follow the links provided, but if any of them refer to things like boxes of Entenman's donuts in the resort gift shops as a Snack, that info is outdated. Disney caught on to that little trick a few years ago and started enforcing the "single-serving" part of the Snack definition.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom