Disney Dining Plan or Deluxe?

disneycouple07

Original Poster
I've booked to many table services for our vacation. We paid for 7 nights/8 days. So with the Disney Dining plan, I"m entitled to 7 counter service, 7 table service, 7 snack. Currently, I have booked: Planet Hollywood (dinner), Chef Mickey's (breakfast), Tony's Town Square (Dinner), Le Cellier's (Lunch & Dinner), Coral Reef, Kona Cafe (breakfast), 50's Prime Time Cafe (Dinner), Yak & Yeti table (lunch), Sci-Fi (lunch).

We normally eat at Le Cellier's once and usually at dinner time. At the time of me booking the reservation, I noticed lunch was available, so I thought we would try that time. We don't like the places to eat in AK, especially with Flame Tree being closed for rehab, so I booked a table service at Yak & Yeti. Same thing with HS, we have not found one counter service that we like, so I booked at 50's.

disneycouple07

Original Poster
I've booked to many table services for our vacation. We paid for 7 nights/8 days. So with the Disney Dining plan, I"m entitled to 7 counter service, 7 table service, 7 snack. Currently, I have booked: Planet Hollywood (dinner), Chef Mickey's (breakfast), Tony's Town Square (Dinner), Le Cellier's (Lunch & Dinner), Coral Reef, Kona Cafe (breakfast), 50's Prime Time Cafe (Dinner), Yak & Yeti table (lunch), Sci-Fi (lunch).

We normally eat at Le Cellier's once and usually at dinner time. At the time of me booking the reservation, I noticed lunch was available, so I thought we would try that time. We don't like the places to eat in AK, especially with Flame Tree being closed for rehab, so I booked a table service at Yak & Yeti. Same thing with HS, we have not found one counter service that we like, so I booked at 50's.

I'm looking for everyone's opinion. Should I: 1) cancel 3 of the reservations 2) upgrade to the deluxe (2 adults) 3) pay cash for at least 3 table services.

mickey2008.1

unless you really know how to use DDP, its just better to keep what you have and pay for le cellier dinner. I have warned others of the DDP, and they ended up with all TS at the end and wasted them. You need to go to citricos, narcooses, cali grille, flying fish, ect to make it pay off. And the peeps that got DDP were big eaters, and i mean big. Keep what you have and just pay the extra for that special place. Im a food junkie and love talking WDW food places. Feel free to ask me anything.

harveyt0206

I would say with your reservations that you currently have, cancel 1 or 2 and pay for the 3rd out of pocket and stay on the regular dining plan. For me, personally, the Deluxe is just too much food. Again, that's just my personal opinion. I know others love it and I applaude them for being able to enjoy that many sit down meals.

Whatever you decide, have a great trip.

disneycouple07

Original Poster
I would say with your reservations that you currently have, cancel 1 or 2 and pay for the 3rd out of pocket and stay on the regular dining plan. For me, personally, the Deluxe is just too much food. Again, that's just my personal opinion. I know others love it and I applaude them for being able to enjoy that many sit down meals.

Whatever you decide, have a great trip.

I'm going to cancel Yak & Yeti. Honestly, the regular dining plan is too much food for us. Besides, I don't want to spend my whole vacation going from restaurant to restaurant. I believe it would be close to $420 to upgrade to the next plan. I just didn't want to have all these extra table services planned and pay cash when I could have bought the deluxe plan.

ms mouse

It really depends on what you want for your vacation. We are using deluxe for the second time this year (upgraded free dining). We are not big eaters, but we like to try new things and dont expect to finish everything (we dont try to do this even when we are paying out of pocket). We do like to do signature places and we never do counter service (we like the break to relax). I would recommed looking at menus from where you plan to pay out of pocket and see how much it would cost and see whats best for you.

JohnLocke

Unless you like it, I would cancel Planet Hollywood as well. The once or twice we ate there was too much for me, way too loud and not very good food or service.

CaptainJackNO

I'm looking for everyone's opinion. Should I: 1) cancel 3 of the reservations 2) upgrade to the deluxe (2 adults) 3) pay cash for at least 3 table services.

I would say to do the math. Since you are talking about lunch reservations, that is fairly inexpensive compared to dinner. So, I think you would make out cheaper by paying for the three lunch table services than adding the Deluxe dining plan.

Now, I have looked at Deluxe Dining, and, boy, is it tempting. Why wouldn't someone want the chance to go to every restaurant in WDW you ever wanted to go to in one trip? But, it is pretty expensive and I would probably gain 40 pounds in the week I was there. How could you not? The only way you wouldn't is if you literally threw food away.

So, unless you typically have 3 course meals at every table service, I would say pay out of pocket for 3 breakfast or lunch reservations. Do your homework and choose the three least expensive reservations to pay for and use the Dining Plan to cover the most expensive. This way, you get to do everything you want to. Have a Great Trip!!:wave:

Mukta

Unless you like it, I would cancel Planet Hollywood as well. The once or twice we ate there was too much for me, way too loud and not very good food or service.

I agree with this. Dump Planet Hollywood and you will have 7 left. The 7 choices you have left are good ones. You still have 7 CS meals and that should be plenty to get you through your trip.

DisGal

My DH and I are using the deluxe plan this September, but we are eating at a signature restaurant every night. If it wasn't for this we would not have the deluxe.

Disneykidder

My DH and I are using the deluxe plan this September, but we are eating at a signature restaurant every night. If it wasn't for this we would not have the deluxe.

This would be the only way i'd do a deluxe. Otherwise it seems like too much food and too much time sitting and eating.

I agree with deleting Planet Hollywood. It is ok and nothing special. Plus the last time we were there it needed some updating.

jen42002

Dump Planet Hollywood and eat CS at Wolfgang Puck Cafe, much better food IMHO. Pay OOP for Kona breakfast. That should leave you with 7 TS meals, including the 2 LeCellier ressies. The deluxe is a nice deal if you plan on doing alot of signature or other 2 credit meals. With what you have right now, it would be best to stay with the regular plan.

Disneykidder

Although Le Celier is one of my fav, I like to eat at different places for every meal. How about taking out the Le Celier lunch and having a late lunch at Whispering Canyon? So yummy and a lot of fun.

ThinkTink721

I would keep:
Chef Mickey's for breakfast (or dinner)
Le Cellier
50' Prime Time Cafe
Sci-Fi

Other suggestions:
Ohana's for breakfast or dinner
Whispering Canyon for dinner
The Crystal Palace for dinner (heard the breakfast is good here too)

Xethis

I was going to say the same thing pretty much. My wife & I booked with regular dining, and then upgraded to deluxe when free dining was announced this year. Then I made all our ADR's & made sure to pile on the signature meals to make good use of the points. If it wasn't for all the signature dining we wouldn't do the deluxe, and vice versa, if it were not for the deluxe plan, we probably would frequent the higher end dining a lot less.

Paying out of pocket for breakfasts and lunches is the best idea, IMHO. The Deluxe is just so much food, and, like others have said, unless you're eating at all Signature restaurants, it's hard to take advantage of that plan and get your money's worth.

I agree: You've already canceled Yak and Yeti, and if you're not sentimentally attached to Planet Hollywood, cancel that as well. Sci Fi has good food, and Prime Time, while the food is okay, is all about the atmosphere. Knowing that going into it will make you have a much better time.

Also, think about Tutto Italia and the Rose and Crown Pub - both are DELICIOUS!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom