Disney Dining Plan Gets Better

Raven66

lawyergirl77 said:
Oh. My. God.

If they ever open it up to AP holders, I'm gonna have to bring me some eatin' pants on my trips to WDW!! :lol:

I laughed so hard at this, that people walking down the street stopped to look in my window at me. :lol: That's why all my shorts are stretchy. I needed that laugh, thanks!

JPVonDrake

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but....

ms7479a said:
I don't know if this has been posted already but I have read on another website that the snack portion of the dining plan has now been expanded to include anything under $4. When I say anything I mean that you can now get a Dole Whip, Pastry from the Main Street Bakery, etc. This makes the dining plan a whole lot better and creates alot more choices.

Currently this is NOT true. The official list of snack choices has not changed for the 2006 Disney Dining Plan. As always, I will be happy to post if and when any changes to the plan are officially announced.

Currently, the Disney Dining Plan Snacks entitlements include a choice of one (1) of the following:

• Frozen ice-cream novelty
  • Single serving box of popcorn
  • Single piece of fruit
  • Single service Grab Bag of Frito-Lay's Brand Chips
  • Apple Juice
  • 20 ounce bottle of Coke, Diet Coke or Sprite
  • 24 ounce bottle of Dasani Water
  • Medium sized fountain soft drink
  • 1/2 pint of milk (where available)

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

LaughingGravy

Gee, I bet this is the only time so many of us are really hoping so hard that JPVonDrake will have to come back with a correction:lol:

Thanks, JP!

:rolleyes:Please let him be misinformed...PLEASE let him be misinformed...:D

wannabeBelle

JPVonDrake said:
Currently this is NOT true. The official list of snack choices has not changed for the 2006 Disney Dining Plan. As always, I will be happy to post if and when any changes to the plan are officially announced.

Currently, the Disney Dining Plan Snacks entitlements include a choice of one (1) of the following:

• Single piece of fruit
  • Apple Juice

Hey there JP, just to kind of expand on your answer has there been any official word on if the snack portion of the MYW Dining plan will be able to be used for the food items at the Food & Wine Festival in EPCOT. I Ask only because this was allowed last year and I was one VERY Happy girl!!!!!!!! Thanks again for all your great information as always!!! Belle

ms7479a

Original Poster
JPVonDrake said:

• Single piece of fruit
  • Apple Juice

Actually, I have read on another website from people that have recently gone to Disney World in the past couple of weeks that it is true. Also, mousesavers.com also confirms this as well.

JPVonDrake

Hey there JP, just to kind of expand on your answer has there been any official word on if the snack portion of the MYW Dining plan will be able to be used for the food items at the Food & Wine Festival in EPCOT. I Ask only because this was allowed last year and I was one VERY Happy girl!!!!!!!! Thanks again for all your great information as always!!! Belle

There has been no word yet on if the Food and Wine Festival offerings will again be available to redeem as snack items. I will be happy to post once an answer has been officially released.

Actually, I have read on another website from people that have recently gone to Disney World in the past couple of weeks that it is true. Also, mousesavers.com also confirms this as well.

Please note, mousesavers.com is not an authorized Disney website and therefore is not an accurate source of official information. For the most accurate information, please refer to the official Walt Disney World websites at www.disney.go.com or www.disneyworld.com or call 1-407-W-DISNEY.

My previous post was verified with official DRC Cast Sources for accuracy before it was posted. Officially, there has been no recent change to the 2006 Disney Dinning Plan announced at the Disney Reservation Center.

lawyergirl77

Raven66 said:
I laughed so hard at this, that people walking down the street stopped to look in my window at me. :lol: That's why all my shorts are stretchy. I needed that laugh, thanks!
Glad i wasn't the only one giggling like a loon at the thought of eatin' pants! :lol:

Granted, I was laughing at my own joke... by myself... in my office... :lookaroun

And as for the fact that this is simply a rumour... *sigh* Bummer. :(

DisneyBunny

I am happy to report, that "official" or not, I had a Dole Whip Float TODAY that was counted as a snack on the dining plan. I've also had a few slushes, smoothies, and a cheese filled pretzel that was included in the plan.

So let there be rejoicing throuout WDWMagic :sohappy:

I'm working on uploading the pic I took of the menu.

queenie0888

YIPPPEEEE....Dole whip floats here I come. As if I wasn't already sooooo excited about our Labor Day Trip this is the icing on the cake or should I say the dolewhip in my pinapple juice....YUMMY:slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

ms7479a

Original Poster
JPVonDrake said:
There has been no word yet on if the Food and Wine Festival offerings will again be available to redeem as snack items. I will be happy to post once an answer has been officially released.

Please note, mousesavers.com is not an authorized Disney website and therefore is not an accurate source of official information. For the most accurate information, please refer to the official Walt Disney World websites at www.disney.go.com or www.disneyworld.com or call 1-407-W-DISNEY.

My previous post was verified with official DRC Cast Sources for accuracy before it was posted. Officially, there has been no recent change to the 2006 Disney Dinning Plan announced at the Disney Reservation Center.

Not to sound mean but I keep saying it, people who have recently been to Disney have said that this is true. Why don't you believe me?

wannabeBelle

People say a lot of stuff ms. It doesnt always mean that it is true or right. I could on a tangent about the 5th gate, or the monorail expansion or a million other items that all are strictly rumour. JP is kind enough to give us the absolute official word on these items. There could have been changes made that have not been updated and visa versa ( in a company as big as Disney it is bound to happen!) I appreciate all of JP's hard work to keep us as informed as he does.
Hey JP thanks for the F & W thing, Ill look for your posting on that one hopefully soon!!!! Belle

ms7479a

Original Poster
wannabeBelle said:
People say a lot of stuff ms. It doesnt always mean that it is true or right. I could on a tangent about the 5th gate, or the monorail expansion or a million other items that all are strictly rumour. JP is kind enough to give us the absolute official word on these items. There could have been changes made that have not been updated and visa versa ( in a company as big as Disney it is bound to happen!) I appreciate all of JP's hard work to keep us as informed as he does.
Hey JP thanks for the F & W thing, Ill look for your posting on that one hopefully soon!!!! Belle

This isn't something as far fetched as the fifth gate. Seriously, who would want to make up a false rumor about the dining plan? Plus, there are now pictures which prove that it is true. I don't see the point of denying the inevitable just because there has been no "official confirmation." Did Disney just put the dining plan logo on the Dole Whip sign just for looks? It is common sense to realize that the snack portion of the dining plan has expanded.

JPVonDrake

Just to clearify...

The list I posted is a direct copy/paste from Cast Portal, and was verified with the list in DRC's information database (lovingly known as Folios.)

Officially these are the only items included as snacks, however, each restaurant/snack location is free to add additional items at their own discretion. Look for the DDP logo for additional snack items on the posted menu for additional options. I am not stating the above information is wrong, just not official. Please note in my post that I do state, "currently" as all Disney offerings are subject to change without notice.

Also, please note, many here consider me as an official source, I am a DRC Cast, but do this on my own. I just like you guys and gals :wave:. As such, I always verify my answers from official informational sources that has been cleared for release to Guests. As I value my career at Disney, I can not and will not post any pending, rumored, or proprietary information. I do sincerely hope everyone understands.

shadsdad

On my visit last week I tried to get a DOLE Whip as a snack and the counter CM told me that You could not use that as a snack on the Dinning plan. :dazzle:

wannabeBelle

shadsdad said:
On my visit last week I tried to get a DOLE Whip as a snack and the counter CM told me that You could not use that as a snack on the Dinning plan. :dazzle:
and there ya go!!! It is possible that this is completely true and that locations and items have been added in. THAT I am not disputing. I am just saying that as of the time of the posting the official information had not been changed. As far as rumours, people talk about some pretty odd stuff so I cant say what would & would not be bandied about. Belle

DoleWhip

Disney Bunny--your signature says you are currently at WDW--please keep us informed if you find any other new goodies with the DDP logo on the sign!! I am going in 13 days, and cannot believe how much out-of-pocket $$ we will save if all this is true! The original list of snacks was pretty mundane, and we always have to pay extra for some of our favorites. Your picture of the Aloha Isle sign with the DDP logo made my day--Thanks!!!:sohappy:

Hopefully this is just a very new development and official word hasn't made it all the way through the proper Disney channels...

JPVonDrake said:
Just to clearify...

The list I posted is a direct copy/paste from Cast Portal, and was verified with the list in DRC's information database (lovingly known as Folios.)

Officially these are the only items included as snacks, however, each restaurant/snack location is free to add additional items at their own discretion. Look for the DDP logo for additional snack items on the posted menu for additional options. I am not stating the above information is wrong, just not official. Please note in my post that I do state, "currently" as all Disney offerings are subject to change without notice.

Also, please note, many here consider me as an official source, I am a DRC Cast, but do this on my own. I just like you guys and gals :wave:. As such, I always verify my answers from official informational sources that has been cleared for release to Guests. As I value my career at Disney, I can not and will not post any pending, rumored, or proprietary information. I do sincerely hope everyone understands.

Your comments have always been on the money. While there may be some hope for the future with additions to the snacks on the plan, I know that you have helped many of us with "just the facts". :wave: Thanks!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom