Disney Dining Card: What Many People Don't Know

red345

Many people don't know this, but there is a way to save money at WDW restuarants. While down there we had gotten the Disney Dining Card and loved all the savings from it. Most times we saved at least $10 at every meal that we had in a restaurant in the parks and at the resort. This was great since we also had an annual pass and were pretty much able to cover all of the dining in WDW. Also the card allows you free parking in the theme park parking lots, but only if you are going to be eating at the park and you cannot use it for all day parking.

If you have any info, contact WDW reservations and they will be able to help you or if anyone on the site has the phone number please post it.

The card helped us out alot and should be taken more advantage of people who either are going to be there for extended trips or live down there. One more thing the card is 1/2 price for annual pass holders.

$50- one year membership to the club, but you normally get that back within 4-5 meals with three people
$25- for annual passholders, and can be gotten back within 3 meals.

We saved about $190 on meals alone by the way and used that for many number of things down there.

dxwwf3

This is the first year we are able to get the card and we'll have to wait and get it at WDW after we get our new AP's. Lucily All Ears.net says that, "you can arrange to pick up a letter of authorization from a Guest Relations office. You will need to show a photo I.D" if you order while on property. BUT I am glad to have researched this before so we would know that we have to call the special number while we are in WDW.

This is great to now be available for non Florida, AP holders.

Upvote 0

Nicole

dxwwf3 said:
This is the first year we are able to get the card and we'll have to wait and get it at WDW after we get our new AP's. Lucily All Ears.net says that, "you can arrange to pick up a letter of authorization from a Guest Relations office. You will need to show a photo I.D" if you order while on property. BUT I am glad to have researched this before so we would know that we have to call the special number while we are in WDW.

This is great to now be available for non Florida, AP holders.

DDE will also email you a letter you can print out to use to get the discount if your card doesn't arrive before you leave for your visit.

Upvote 0

speck76

Nicole said:
DDE will also email you a letter you can print out to use to get the discount if your card doesn't arrive before you leave for your visit.

not any longer

ppl caught on and were changing names on the emailed form.

I think now you MUST pick them up at Epcot Guest Relations (outside the park)

Upvote 0

speck76

Nicole said:
Ooops - my bad. They sent me one back in March. Drat I hate being wrong.

they changed in April I think, possibly May

I don't think they mail them either, they will only mail the plastic cards now.

Upvote 0

swincha

it looks like most of our restaurants are included. need to add up if the 75 fee would cover the 20% i think it will with 2 teens who are being charged as adults thanx for this advice!!!!!

Upvote 0
wannabeBelle said:
As the card has the AP holder's name on it I have actually had to show not only my AP but my driver's license to show that the name of the DDE card and I were the same person!!! Belle

thats funny, when my wife and I went, we only had to show them the card.. I don't remember them asking for the AP or the drivers license.. :hammer:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

It certainly hasnt happened every time for me either, however I can tell you that it HAS happened. They asked me for my license and everything!! If it was me I just wouldnt take the chance. I run in the parks with my license, my AP, my DDE card and my room key. I got used to having my license on my in case my AP doesnt work for whatever reason. Belle

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
KilleriMac17 said:
thats funny, when my wife and I went, we only had to show them the card.. I don't remember them asking for the AP or the drivers license.. :hammer:
More than likely someone got caught using a card that did not belong to them at the restaurant that wannabebelle was at so they were being real strict about it for a few days.

Upvote 0

speck76

swincha said:
i'm curious if we have the card under dh's name and my teen takes it to eat at another park are they going to check my teens id?

It is not good at counter service outlets, except at DAK (which has no table service outlets)

You can get 2 cards per family, per membership

I think you must be 18 or 21 with a valid ID to use the card (I read that someplace)

Upvote 0

AEfx

It also works at the counter service of the All-Stars and Pop Century, as they don't have any sit-downs. I got lucky at Pop and they also took the discount off of my mugs. :)

AEfx

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

AEfx said:
It also works at the counter service of the All-Stars and Pop Century, as they don't have any sit-downs. I got lucky at Pop and they also took the discount off of my mugs. :)

AEfx
Awesome Deal !!! When you get the cards the paper that they are attached to is a listing of all the participating locations. Belle

Upvote 0

bears163

so correct me if am wrong. if i get one card go to a restaurant with 3 adults and 2 kids do we all get the discount or is it a limit to the amount of people?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom