disney decline sad to see

Walt Disney1955

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Magic Kingdom alone is at least double the attendance of either one of the Universal Parks. Volcano Bay or not, I am not sure it will be better than Typhoon Lagoon. Disney has history that Universal can't compare with from a guest standpoint.

thomas998

No. I will go to Universal, because I know my kid loves thrill rides. And I won't be mad at Disney when that happens.lol

If you add the teen rides- then you are becoming like every other amusement/theme park in America.. separating families longer. Wasn't that the whole point of Disneyland in the first place? A venue to enjoy a park together
That may have been the idea when Disneyland was first created... but the reality is times change. We don't live in a Ozzie and Harriet world anymore and today families don't go out as groups destined to stand hand in hand enjoying rides together. More and more often when kids reach a certain age they splinter off tethered to their family with a cell phone to enjoy things on their own.... Not saying it is a good thing or a bad thing, just that times have changed. When times change Disney needs to change with the times, and for that reason I can understand why they need to make the parks more attractive to all ages even when some of the things will be off limits to the 5 and under crowd.

21stamps

That may have been the idea when Disneyland was first created... but the reality is times change. We don't live in a Ozzie and Harriet world anymore and today families don't go out as groups destined to stand hand in hand enjoying rides together. More and more often when kids reach a certain age they splinter off tethered to their family with a cell phone to enjoy things on their own.... Not saying it is a good thing or a bad thing, just that times have changed. When times change Disney needs to change with the times, and for that reason I can understand why they need to make the parks more attractive to all ages even when some of the things will be off limits to the 5 and under crowd.
We never did.

I think teens have been going off on their own way before cell phones came into our lives. That's nothing new. They can still do that at Disney how it is now.

mergatroid

As someone who has been visiting disney regularly since i was 10 and am now 45 most recently being there in november have to say im so sad that disney is fast becoming the second choice for many kids behind universal and this is only going to be heightened when volcano bay has disney rested on its laurels for too long

Whilst Volcano Bay hasn't yet opened it's fair to say it looks exciting and I'll be visiting and enjoying it. As I said on the Universal section of this forum though, I'm a bit disappointed that they've gone with the brightly coloured tubing and also left one side of the volcano uncovered. It's not enough to ruin things for me or stop me visiting but if we're using the same standards for judging Disney and Universal, then it's fair to say that if Disney had done that it would be commented about on here.

And before I get accused of being a Disney fan boy, I regularly visit Universal and love both parks. Universal has certainly upped their game over the years which I'm absolutely delighted about and love going there. I actually visit both parks with a different mindset, Universal is more a day of thrills whilst Disney is more a day of nostalgia and magic. I hate the Potter movies but can happily say I absolutely love the Potter lands for their theming, I'm certainly expecting Pandora to be similar for many people. I'm also a huge fan of Halloween Horror Nights and think it beats any of Disney's specially ticketed events, however it's for adults only and not really the type of thing Disney would probably feel comfortable doing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom