disney decline sad to see

ppete1975

Can you read i did not say nothing had changed in 35yrs just no change since our previous visit in 2012
A new area themed to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, featuring Snow White's cottage and the new the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster, was dedicated on May 2, 2014 and officially opened on May 28, 2014. The ride soft-opened in the Magic Kingdom on May 21, 2014, fully opening a week later on May 28, 2014.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
While not a ton of new rides has opened since then, there have been many new things:
Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
The Muppets Present...Great Moments in American History

Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
American Music Machine
Quickstep
Alberta Bound
Frozen Ever After
Meet Anna and Elsa at Royal Sommerhus

Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
Star Wars Launch Bay
Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away
March of the First Order
Mickey and Minnie Starring in Red Carpet Dreams
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular

Wilderness Explorers
Harambe Wildlife Parti
Discovery Island Carnivale
Harambe Village Acrobats
Muziki
Karibu Sisters
Discovery Island Sunset Serenatas
Rivers of Light

Obviously, not everything on the list will appeal to everyone, and it isn't even a complete list. If all you are looking for is rides, well, I don't think you will have to come back again for at least 4-5 years.

Kamikaze

Can you read i did not say nothing had changed in 35yrs just no change since our previous visit in 2012

March 9, 2014 Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
May 20, 2014 Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
May 28, 2014 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
June 17, 2016 Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire
October 2, 2016 The Muppets Present...Great Moments in American History
November 4, 2016 Once Upon a Time
November 24, 2016 Meet Cinderella & Elena at Princess Fairytale Hall
November 24, 2016 Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Princess Fairytale Hall
April 18, 2015 Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
June 21, 2016 Frozen Ever After
June 21, 2016 Meet Anna and Elsa at Royal Sommerhus
July 4, 2014 Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
July 5, 2014 For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
December 1, 2015 Star Wars Launch Bay
April 4, 2016 Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away
June 17, 2016 Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
May 15, 2013 Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
June 1, 2013 Wilderness Explorers
May 27, 2016 Harambe Wildlife Parti
May 27, 2016 Discovery Island Carnivale
June 14, 2016 Discovery Island Sunset Serenatas
February 17, 2017 Rivers of Light

I even took out a lot of things I would consider non-attractions from this list.
Defending WDW isn't something I normally do, but damn, son, troll harder.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
A new area themed to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, featuring Snow White's cottage and the new the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster, was dedicated on May 2, 2014 and officially opened on May 28, 2014. The ride soft-opened in the Magic Kingdom on May 21, 2014, fully opening a week later on May 28, 2014.

Among other new things since 2012 across WDW..... new restaurants and stores, Star Wars fireworks, Soarin' movie was totally redone, Frozen ride that Maelstrom was reimagined to, and I could go on.....:rolleyes:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Among other new things since 2012 across WDW..... new restaurants and stores, Star Wars fireworks, Soarin' movie was totally redone, Frozen ride that Maelstrom was reimagined to, and I could go on.....:rolleyes:
I didn't even add in any of the new restaurants and of course, Disney Springs. Oh, and the fact that Star Tours has been updated multiple times since then with new scenes.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

"If im honest i could see why this was the first time in 35yrs disney had absolutely nothing new"

I did read, that is what you said. But hopefully these interactions wont sway you from sticking around and even getting into more discussions in the future.

The Empress Lilly

That's sad. May ask if you are an AP? Or someone who is able to go a lot? I ask because I don't get to go often... like 1983 89 93 13 15 but to me magic kingdom is still magical and amazing. I wonder its because I see it so infrequently that it still amazes me and if I went often it wouldn't have that effect. I hope with all of the additions coming soon the parks will spread out and you can enjoy it like you used to ... Have a beautiful day.
I do have an AP, but although WDW is my passion, DLP is the park I visit most.

My last trip:
I loved DHS. Yes, even in its current state. Although for my liking killing off the tours and Streets of America are a great loss, unecessary.
I liked DAK better than ever.
EPCOT was trodding along just fine. I can still spend an entire day in FW. (But was it that hard to keep Sum of all Thrills open? If need be without sponsor? Or the rest of Innoventions?) And WS is always fantastic, shame about turning it into Fantasyland for dummies.

So I wasn't too jaddd to feel the magic. :)
No, the MK has been beaten to a pulp. The dead knell for me is the hub work. The work of soulless devils who need to burn for all eternity for what they've done. The perspective of the castle is ruined, I don't know what it is. Something got lost. Between the stage, the semi-permanent closure of the castle passage, the new towers, the destroyed trees, the Astroturf, the lost parts of moat, the semi-constant loud pop music, the absent kiss goodbye. The hub as central place of reflection is gone, the heart of the MK experience, the center of Disnel mysticism. :cry:

saddisneyfan1972

Original Poster
March 9, 2014 Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
May 20, 2014 Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
May 28, 2014 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
June 17, 2016 Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire
October 2, 2016 The Muppets Present...Great Moments in American History
November 4, 2016 Once Upon a Time
November 24, 2016 Meet Cinderella & Elena at Princess Fairytale Hall
November 24, 2016 Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Princess Fairytale Hall
April 18, 2015 Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
June 21, 2016 Frozen Ever After
June 21, 2016 Meet Anna and Elsa at Royal Sommerhus
July 4, 2014 Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
July 5, 2014 For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
December 1, 2015 Star Wars Launch Bay
April 4, 2016 Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away
June 17, 2016 Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
May 15, 2013 Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
June 1, 2013 Wilderness Explorers
May 27, 2016 Harambe Wildlife Parti
May 27, 2016 Discovery Island Carnivale
June 14, 2016 Discovery Island Sunset Serenatas
February 17, 2017 Rivers of Light

I even took out a lot of things I would consider non-attractions from this list.
Defending WDW isn't something I normally do, but damn, son, troll harder.
CA

How many of this massive list are actually rides? Three one of which is only a re imagining and has a ridiculously long wait time 3hrs the day we were there as was mine trains . As for the sideshows great for me but a 12 yr old not so much. Oh and do you really rate the galaxy far far away show a meet and greet with the characters would be much better the star wars spectacular not on day wd went so cannot comment

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
CA

How many of this massive list are actually rides? Three one of which is only a re imagining and has a ridiculously long wait time 3hrs the day we were there as was mine trains . As for the sideshows great for me but a 12 yr old not so much. Oh and do you really rate the galaxy far far away show a meet and greet with the characters would be much better the star wars spectacular not on day wd went so cannot comment
So you went without pretty much any research on what was new or changed since your last visit? You could have had FP+ for both the Mine Train and FEA on different days, with just a bit of research. Or go to MK right at park opening, and walk directly to Mine Train with easily less than a 15-20 minute wait.

21stamps

CA

Did you get a fast pass for mine train? Or go first thing in the morning? It shouldn't have been a 3 hour wait if so.
You guys didn't enjoy all of the new Star Wars stuff at HS?

Here's the thing though, I understand why a 12 year old would prefer Uni/IoA to WDW. I just wonder if it's really because "nothing has changed" or more to do with the target age. I think there is a lot more to do at Universal for a 12 year old than at Disney.. like I said, I'm about 99.999% sure that my child will feel the same in a few years.. as did I.

I'm just not sure why people get surprised when this happens, it has nothing to do with Disney.. just the preferences of a tweenager

The Empress Lilly

Wow people say my op was trolling but the replies have been unbelievable i never once said i had a bad vacation or that i or indeed my niece or nephew didnt enjoy disney just that it was sad it was no longer their favourite and if im honest i could see why this was the first time in 35yrs disney had absolutely nothing new
Yes, five years for a kiddie koaster with all the show scenes cut for costs, a hopelessly misplaced princess overlay of an undercapacity ride with 400 minute wait, and a park half gutted and taken over by one single space fantasy movie franchise. It's a bit thin for the world's largest theme park resort. And to think there have been closures in all parks to boot!

On the upside, three of the four parks are in various stages of large scale overhauls. The works and plans are a bit of a mixed bag (we're being positive there!), but at least WDW should look very different in five years time again.

Also, not everybody can have the crystal clear writing of Hemingway. That still leaves them as human beings with ideas, feelings, thoughts they are trying to convey. One can put in the effort to listen, to read, to labour a text until it is clear what the other is trying to say. It is a matter of courtesy.

saddisneyfan1972

Original Poster
Did you get a fast pass for mine train? Or go first thing in the morning? It shouldn't have been a 3 hour wait if so.
You guys didn't enjoy all of the new Star Wars stuff at HS?

Here's the thing though, I understand why a 12 year old would prefer Uni/IoA to WDW. I just wonder if it's really because "nothing has changed" or more to do with the target age. I think there is a lot more to do at Universal for a 12 year old than at Disney.. like I said, I'm about 99.999% sure that my child will feel the same in a few years.. as did I.

I'm just not sure why people get surprised when this happens, it has nothing to do with Disney.. just the preferences of a tweenager

Im afraid i disagree of course its disneys fault if they choose to completely ignore a whole generation of people when planning their parks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom