Disney Cruise

dgtolbert222

ok guys and gals I need help, my family (wife, dd-13, dd-7, dd-6, dd-2) we have been to WDW last 2 years and are now wanting to do a cruise this year, we dont want the land and sea, we just want a cruise. Give me ammo to give to the wife to convince her we want disney cruise line and not one of the others. I dont know anything about the cruise line. I NEED HELP

Disneyfalcon

ok guys and gals I need help, my family (wife, dd-13, dd-7, dd-6, dd-2) we have been to WDW last 2 years and are now wanting to do a cruise this year, we dont want the land and sea, we just want a cruise. Give me ammo to give to the wife to convince her we want disney cruise line and not one of the others. I dont know anything about the cruise line. I NEED HELP

Woo hoo! You came to the right place! I have been on 3 Disney cruises and am taking my 4th in May. I have a couple of trip reports in the trip report section if you want to see details or pictures.:)

Disney really does it well. My ds was 13 and dd 10 on our last cruise. They love the cruises. I switched from a WDW trip at the last minute when a cabin opened up and I was afraid they'd be disappointed, but no way. They were thrilled.

The kids clubs are awesome. They closed them down most nights. We had to set times for them to come out and meet us for dinner and shows. There's a schedule of activities for each age group and our kids just picked out the things that interested them. We made sure they were in the clubs for the things they didn't want to miss, and they went every night after the shows.

The shows are incredible. Broadway quality, and family friendly. They also have family friendly comedians, magic acts, etc. All of these will also have shows oriented towards adults at night in the clubs.

It's a great cruise for adults too. If you want to have your kids with you every second, you can, but if you want some time to yourselves, you won't feel bad about leaving them because they're not just babysat. They're entertained.

Your two year old is a slightly different story. There is babysittting for children under 3. You schedule times to drop them off and they charge you by the hour. We have cruised with a two year old before and it worked great. She was with us most of the time, but we had somewhere to take her when we went somewhere like PALOS.

Castaway Cay is one thing that no other cruise line can offer. It is amazing. I could go there every day of the cruise and be happy. The water is incredible and there's so much to do there.

If you need any help booking, or have any questions, send me an email or give me a call! I have lots of tips and experience to share!:)

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Hehe a Disney Cruise sounds so fun! But I just can't handle the idea of being on a boat...in the water...trapped...remembering the Titanic and Norwalk virus :eek:

Oooh maybe one day.

Upvote 0

WaltsApprentice

Just got off the cruise!!

Hey! I just got off the cruise this past week (March 1-5th) Sooo COld but soo nice and beautiful!! It was my 3rd time sailing! My Fiancee and I love going on the cruises we have ment so many amazing castmembers and guest, and we love going back and seeing them again!

Our favorite is the shows and the dinning..both are just so amazing. They also have a brand new show...Toy Story the Musical which is great for the whole family...it's a new twist on a pixar classic! Plus don't forget the big Pirates IN the Caribbean Deck party...with suprises in store!!

DISNEYFALCON: THANKS for your help last time, I figured out that the picture taking process for your card is only for when you come back into port canaveral. Every time we left the ship I watched the moniter...no picture with my keys to the world card...but when we arrived home the picture came up on the moniter...which is why they didn't ask for my id. :D Which is nice...

ALSO when are you going in MAY?? Me and my Fiancee..and a whole bunch of our friends are planning on going on a 3 day in may...you probably don't even touch the 3 days now that you beyond that haha. We are hoping to do the 3 day on May 7th I believe or May 21st or 28th I think.... We just keep looking at the rates and waiting for the moment when they get that right price we want ;) Thanks again..loved Toy Story and I hope to put up a trip report about our COLLLLDD Cruise haha..once I figure out how to put pictures on the board..:lookaroun:wave:

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Hey! I just got off the cruise this past week (March 1-5th) Sooo COld but soo nice and beautiful!! It was my 3rd time sailing! My Fiancee and I love going on the cruises we have ment so many amazing castmembers and guest, and we love going back and seeing them again!

Our favorite is the shows and the dinning..both are just so amazing. They also have a brand new show...Toy Story the Musical which is great for the whole family...it's a new twist on a pixar classic! Plus don't forget the big Pirates IN the Caribbean Deck party...with suprises in store!!

DISNEYFALCON: THANKS for your help last time, I figured out that the picture taking process for your card is only for when you come back into port canaveral. Every time we left the ship I watched the moniter...no picture with my keys to the world card...but when we arrived home the picture came up on the moniter...which is why they didn't ask for my id. :D Which is nice...

ALSO when are you going in MAY?? Me and my Fiancee..and a whole bunch of our friends are planning on going on a 3 day in may...you probably don't even touch the 3 days now that you beyond that haha. We are hoping to do the 3 day on May 7th I believe or May 21st or 28th I think.... We just keep looking at the rates and waiting for the moment when they get that right price we want ;) Thanks again..loved Toy Story and I hope to put up a trip report about our COLLLLDD Cruise haha..once I figure out how to put pictures on the board..:lookaroun:wave:

Welcome back Walt!! I'm so glad you had fun!!:sohappy: I hate that it was cold!!

I heard they're expanding the use of the pictures, but they haven't worked it all out yet. We'll see! I'm so glad you liked Toy Story!! I thought it was great.

I forgot to mention the Pirates in the Caribbean Deck Party!! It's awesome!!

Please write a trip report! I'd love to read it!

We're on the 7 day Eastern with Tortola May 23rd. There's great military rates and We've got 4 cabins worth of family booked! I am counting the days!!!

I'm so glad you're going back!! Hey if you want help watching for the cheapest rooms and times - let me know!!:)

Upvote 0

WaltsApprentice

Welcome back Walt!! I'm so glad you had fun!!:sohappy: I hate that it was cold!!

I heard they're expanding the use of the pictures, but they haven't worked it all out yet. We'll see! I'm so glad you liked Toy Story!! I thought it was great.

I forgot to mention the Pirates in the Caribbean Deck Party!! It's awesome!!

Please write a trip report! I'd love to read it!

We're on the 7 day Eastern with Tortola May 23rd. There's great military rates and We've got 4 cabins worth of family booked! I am counting the days!!!

I'm so glad you're going back!! Hey if you want help watching for the cheapest rooms and times - let me know!!:)

Wow sounds great...I wish we could do a 7 day cruise! :(... Lucky! Hope you have fun...you maybe there for the Hannah Montana movie premere! Your daughter may like that :D....

Ya Once I figure out how to do the whole picture thing on the trip report I'll write one! Thanks again.. enjoy crusing!..this will be my 4th! :D

EDIT: I forgot to add...and I'm going to put it in my trip report...They are no longer giving out bandanas on pirate night...right when they get brand new ones...they don't do it :(.. My waiter said they stopped it 6 months ago :( and they did pass out the plastic streamers at the sail away party ...but that maybe because it was really really windy (we felt like we were being blown round as we walked through deck 9...actually when I was drink hot coco..the wind blew the coco out haha!) but I don't know if they stopped doing those too because of the wonderful economy. They also didn't do the confettii at the end of the party...probably because of the wind.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Wow sounds great...I wish we could do a 7 day cruise! :(... Lucky! Hope you have fun...you maybe there for the Hannah Montana movie premere! Your daughter may like that :D....

Ya Once I figure out how to do the whole picture thing on the trip report I'll write one! Thanks again.. enjoy crusing!..this will be my 4th! :D

EDIT: I forgot to add...and I'm going to put it in my trip report...They are no longer giving out bandanas on pirate night...right when they get brand new ones...they don't do it :(.. My waiter said they stopped it 6 months ago :( and they did pass out the plastic streamers at the sail away party ...but that maybe because it was really really windy (we felt like we were being blown round as we walked through deck 9...actually when I was drink hot coco..the wind blew the coco out haha!) but I don't know if they stopped doing those too because of the wonderful economy. They also didn't do the confettii at the end of the party...probably because of the wind.

Awesome, can't wait for the report! We're going to be onboard when Up premieres, so we are hoping we see that!! I'm sure we'll have many opportunities to see the Hannah Montana movie too.:lol:

I heard about the bandanas. We still got them in January. The kids always liked them, so that's too bad.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom