disney cruise just for families with kids?

WDWPrincess87

so i was considering trying out the cruise before my boyfriend and i were to have children and get married. maybe get married at the parks, go on a cruise and come back to the parks! (i know its alot, but is a dream!). so is it not weird i guess to go on the cruise without any kids? is the cruise line mainly for families or is there lots of stuff for just a couple? thanks for your help!:fork:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Absolutely not. There are plenty of no kid activities on and off the boat as well as an adult's only pool, restaurant and section of Castaway Cay. If you are a Disney fan you will enjoy the Disney cruise.

Upvote 0

tiaragirl

Heck no! Me/friends are going in May and we're so excited! I've been before (with the fam), and it's very laid back and enjoyable.. my grandparents go every year alone, too =P My g-ma is a huge Mickey fan.. they love the shows and food.

Definitely give it a try! If you wait to book until May I'll givey ou the lowdown =P =)

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

Good to know, my husband and I keep debating the same subject, and if we would want to do a just the two of us getaway or if we would want to bring the little one along....

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Any Disney activity gets the same questions as to whether it's just for kids or families. Disney is for anyone who enjoys Disney. Simple as that. :D

Upvote 0

marcriss

We got married in '98. We started a 2 week honeymoon with 3 days at the Contemporary, then the 4- day cruise. Then back to Disney. Because it was Hurricane season we scrapped our plans to go further south in Fla and spent the whole next week at WDW at the Poly.

The cruise is amazing w/o kids. We had little or no interaction with any kids the entire trip, it was really surprising. We were on the Disney Wonder and Palo was the BEST meal! And kids are not allowed. Lounging in a Hammock on the beach at Castway Cay, drinking a fruity adult beverage was perhaps the most relaxed I've ever been or will be (now that I have kids:)).

Go For It!

Upvote 0

Coree

I have to agree with everyone else here. DH and I did Disney for five days on our honeymoon followed by a Disney Cruise and loved every minute of it. Honestly, we had very little interaction with the kids on the ship.

Upvote 0

Shadowdawn

We went on a Disney cruise at the end of October and we have no children. There was so much for us to do and we never felt out of place for not having kids.

Upvote 0

ddrongowski

The family and I went on a Disney cruise last year. To my surprise, there was, how do I say this nicely, an extreme amount of non-family appropriate sights. I was not prepared for the amount of flesh being displayed around the pools and on the decks in front of children. To be blunt the thongs and speedo wearing people were everywhere. This was not what I expected from a Disney run ship. After all, those kinds of outfits don't happen very much at the parks.

Upvote 0

DecWDW

My friend and I have gone on two Disney cruises and have the next one planned for Oct. 2010. We really enjoy ourselves and are never bothered by too many kids. In fact, when we see them dressed in costume, it's very enjoyable. My only suggestion would be to have the late seating for dinner as there seem to be fewer kids then.

Upvote 0

kimmychad

my wife and I loved our first cruise ever on the wonder this week. the ship is simply beautiful, although I believe serenity bay in castaway cay needs some attention.

we were really surprised that we were never asked for our passports upon returning to florida, we were just asked for the customs form and sent on our way. Passports weren't required anyways, and could be substituted with a birth certificate and drivers license according to several signs we read. the porters helping people with their bags outside were wanded before coming back into the cruise terminal, seemed odd considering the laxed security pertaining the cruisers.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom