News Disney confirms multiple EPCOT projects are paused

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We know what’s officially being said. But postponed is essentially the kiss of death for Disney Parks. Plus insiders have all but confirmed these are canceled...

That's not what our insiders are saying about the SSE refresh, they're saying delayed is delayed.

As for Poppins... yeah, she'll be appearing in the Main Street Theater.

But these are the only two that were officially said to be postponed/delayed. All the other Festival/hub things are being 'reimagined.' And they have to do something with World Celebration/The Hub rather than leave a construction site in the hub for years to come.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I just REALLY want the imagination reboot to happen and it’s not looking likely. :(

It wasn't likely when they announced all the Epcot changes and it wasn't listed. So, nothing's changed except, with the money crunch, it's even more unlikely than how unlikely it was before.

Nothing will happen to Imagination for at least 4-5 years.

JustInTime

That's not what our insiders are saying about the SSE refresh, they're saying delayed is delayed.

As for Poppins... yeah, she'll be appearing in the Main Street Theater.

But these are the only two that were officially said to be postponed/delayed. All the other Festival/hub things are being 'reimagined.' And they have to do something rather than leave a construction site in the hub for years to come.
I was mostly speaking to Poppins but I consider SSE plans in it’s current form canceled. I believe they are putting it off and will go back to the drawing board for new eventual plans.

And I see lots of trees and grass in Epcot’s future lol

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I consider SSE plans in it’s current form canceled.

If you're going to listen to insiders, then listen to them. Don't say "well insiders said..." and then ignore them.

Our Insider has said that SSE needs a refurb as a matter of it remaining operational. Disney can only kick that refurb down the road so many times until it's broken and not working at all.

Their current plan is the "story or communication" that seems to reuse a lot of the existing stuff to save money.

Don't know where or how they'll just suddenly decide to do something completely different and add at least a year to the redesign.

JustInTime

If you're going to listen to insiders, then listen to them. Don't say "well insiders said..." and then ignore them.

Our Insider has said that SSE needs a refurb as a matter of it remaining operational. Disney can only kick that refurb down the road so many times until it's broken and not working at all.

Their current plan is the "story or communication" that seems to reuse a lot of the existing stuff to save money.

Don't know where or how they'll just suddenly decide to do something completely different and add at least a year to the redesign.
Insiders have said if/when SSE gets a refurb the plans would be different now. Reimagining the ride (the old plans) and refurb-ing the ride to keep it operational are two different things, imo. Hence why I consider the reimagining of SSE canceled and a standard maintenance refurb likely and what has been hinted at by insiders.

No need to bite my head off, btw. :)

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Insiders have said if/when SSE gets a refurb the plans would be different now. Reimagining the ride (the old plans) and refurb-ing the ride to keep it operational are two different things, imo. Hence why I consider the reimagining of SSE canceled and a standard maintenance refurb likely and what has been hinted at by insiders.

No need to bite my head off, btw. :)

I'm only protecting my precious lists!!

;)

Baloo62

Quoting myself as I also forgot Space 220
I'm wondering how they will be able to socially distance the simulated ascent to the restaurant. Eliminating it would completely destroy the purpose and credibility of the experience. Maybe limit it to one party at a time?

esskay

Coming back to this, I was under the impression that SSE was in dire condition and urgently needed maintenance. Guessing we might still see some minor downtime for some TLC?

Lilofan

"Fixed" is a very loose term in this case. Throwing some chairs up there and closing off the main attraction of the upstairs was a bandaid, if that.

I SO wish they would make a new Figment/Dreamfinder attraction based on the comic! As much as I adored the original attraction I know it's dead. But a new story with those characters based on the style of the comics would be amazing. It would breathe new life into the pavilion, make the classic Epcot lovers happy and make it relevant to the new generation who became familiar with the comics.
You think Disney just threw some chairs up there and just opened it up? Just a little more went into it to make it presentable for DVC members.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom