Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Mike S

I'm personally saving my pennies ... LOL

Frankly even if Epcot gave us that I wouldn't whine AS MUCH about the placement. (Before I get attacked, I said "as much" heh).
Yes, "as much." This could've easily been what went between Norway and Mexico (alterations made for space reasons, of course) instead of another freakin' M&G taking over prime real estate for a real attraction. As a bonus Maelstrom would still be operating today and in a perfect world would get the same love and attention Disneyland gave some of its rides for the 60th. It could've been like a WDW version of Diagon Alley. Traveling from a pretty much real place (London/Norway) and going into a fantasy world (Diagon Alley/Arendelle). Would still be very poor placement but at least it wouldn't have been cheap and would have some actual thought and creativity put behind it.

Kman101

Yes, "as much." This could've easily been what went between Norway and Mexico (alterations made for space reasons, of course) instead of another freakin' M&G taking over prime real estate for a real attraction. As a bonus Maelstrom would still be operating today and in a perfect world would get the same love and attention Disneyland gave some of its rides for the 60th. It could've been like a WDW version of Diagon Alley. Traveling from a pretty much real place (London/Norway) and going into a fantasy world (Diagon Alley/Arendelle). Would still be very poor placement but at least it wouldn't have been cheap and would have some actual thought and creativity put behind it.

Yep. Agreed 100% (not surprisingly, lol). Where the meet and grope is going they could have done something really impressive. I'm sure it will be grand and nice looking for restrooms and a meet and greet. I mean, look at the Tangled toilets or the bathrooms when you first hit the former Pleasure Island area that everyone thought would be a restaurant or store entrance.

And I finally got a Universal pass (after way too many years of not having one) and what they did with Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley/London? Um. Yes please. So immersive and well done. I hate it was so crowded but what can ya do. I want no one there so I can just take it in and explore. It was like herding cattle. I know they want it realistic but ugh. And Gringotts? Sigh. So good. I'm not fond of having to climb stairs everywhere though but that's just my own minor nitpick.

Anyway ... back onto the topic of Frozenlandia.

Mike S

Yep. Agreed 100% (not surprisingly, lol). Where the meet and grope is going they could have done something really impressive. I'm sure it will be grand and nice looking for restrooms and a meet and greet. I mean, look at the Tangled toilets or the bathrooms when you first hit the former Pleasure Island area that everyone thought would be a restaurant or store entrance.

And I finally got a Universal pass (after way too many years of not having one) and what they did with Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley/London? Um. Yes please. So immersive and well done. I hate it was so crowded but what can ya do. I want no one there so I can just take it in and explore. It was like herding cattle. I know they want it realistic but ugh. And Gringotts? Sigh. So good. I'm not fond of having to climb stairs everywhere though but that's just my own minor nitpick.

Anyway ... back onto the topic of Frozenlandia.
You should've gone earlier this month. This was my line for Gringotts ;) it was at night though.
image.jpg

Now, as you said, back to Frozenlandia.

Kman101

You should've gone earlier this month. This was my line for Gringotts ;) it was at night though.
View attachment 93918
Now, as you said, back to Frozenlandia.

Takes me right back. Gorgeous and well done. I hit the single rider which was about 25-30 minutes with a posted time of 45 for standby. It seemed longer but the single rider queue isn't exactly a thrilling line to wait in, lol. I do like you can see that room before you enter the single rider long corridor of nothing. Except for hearing the loop ad nauseum about what to expect on the ride. I don't think WDW fans would know what to do with themselves if the parks got anything like Gringotts. I wasn't overly impressed with the 3D, it was blurry and sometimes too much is going on, but maybe it was just the glasses themselves.

Anyway ... haha ....

So I hear they're building some Frozen toilets and a meet and grope ... yet STILL no Anna and Elsa at Akershaus, where they, you know, would actually slightly make sense because of the princess breakfast they offer. Can you imagine the demand for breakfast with those two? I can already see the line. Why are they not capitalizing on that?

FigmentsFangirl

I think we should rename Norway and make it offical, Frozenlandia sounds perfect, though personally I will settle for Arendelle any day of the week! Or even Arendale as that is the actual PORT TOWN Arendelle itself is based off of in Norway; I showed my mom this and she laughed seeing the similarites

SoupBone

This is simply the continued dumbing down of the Disney Parks. Instead of re-envisioning and re-creating the magic of Norway, they're adding Frozen. And I don't care what anyone says, EPCOT has no business being dumbed down. Are we really at a point that something can't be both educational AND fun? The bickering on the book of faces today was hilarious with people smack talking on both sides. It's clear that the Frozeniacs and the anti-Frozites weren't budging either.

Brer Panther

Does this look like the switch part where the Troll used to be and you would star going backwards to anyone else?

I think it'd work better if they had Marshmallow there in place of Mr. Three-Heads. But instead, it'll just come off as though Elsa used her ice powers to push you backwards down the waterfall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom