Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

roj2323

it looks like the bump out to the south brings the new pav almost into contact with the mens restroom entrance, with no FOH
walkway space between the buildings
frozenmg.jpg
It would make sense that they would combine the men's and woman's restrooms while cutting out a segment from the back of the woman's restroom for a hallway. This would allow them to still have the M&G entrance in Norway while also allowing them to expand the mens room without making it obnoxiously large.

Mike S

The one good thing about this is it means they don't need to take away anything else from the existing pavilion to build the M&G.
I guess. But then what's happening in the shop? Wasn't there a wall that went up some time ago in there that looked Frozen themed with a door?

aladdin2007

I guess. But then what's happening in the shop? Wasn't there a wall that went up some time ago in there that looked Frozen themed with a door?

That was the first room, which has reopened as merch since being a tiny meetngreet, its frozen merch though. Aside from the first three rooms the rest of the shop is suppose to remain the same with Norwegian merch.

RSoxNo1

The size of the building is larger than Fairytale Hall. Just guessing here but I wonder if an Olaf Meet and Greet would be part of this, or additional princesses beyond Anna and Elsa. With the restrooms being a woman's restroom @Tom also speculated that it probably means the men's room in the existing Norway pavilion building will expand into the woman's room. Considering the expectation of increased traffic this makes some sense.

Captain Chaos

Here's a question, how much does the budget now get increased? Wasn't $70 million being tossed around as the number Frozen attraction and work in the store as well as general fixes/refurbs through out the pavilion?

RSoxNo1

FYI, @WDW1974 back in November 2013: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-spirit-takes-the-fifth.876705/page-12#post-5802761

Worse.

A Disney Princesses Meet and Greet (think EPCOT version of what just opened at MK with Frozen characters leading the way.

No, I am not kidding.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than just Anna and Elsa meeting guests here. Also, do any of our insiders know if the $75 million that was originally thrown out there is still accurate for the entire project? If so, the prospects for the ride just decreased significantly.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom