Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Magenta Panther

We all knew this was coming,,,but what a logistics nightmare this is going to be, between the new ride, the meetngreet, the still in place character dining that doesnt belong....does anyone here think they will able to set foot anywhere between Mexico and China with lines that are going to stretch to both ends?
Way to go Disney, your in for some major trouble with this, this is what you get when you cram something into a space too small. Like it really worked well the first time with the meetngreet alone? Did we not learn anything??

I was hoping the statement would say and the characters of Frozen will take guests on a tour of Norway. Not arendelle. What a shame. I knew Norway was not overly happy about this, what they were happy about was the foot traffic this would bring to the Norway pavilion but I dont see how when the theming wont be Norway, even though the pavilion is staying the Norway pavilion. Ill try to get more confirmation on their thoughts now that the news is officially out.

With that said we have no details or concepts yet so will be interesting to see exactly what they do.

Remember the Villains Night disaster? I hope the opening of this farce in that little area of WS will make Villains Night look like a Sunday picnic. I hope TDO has to give lots and lots of refunds and handle tons of guest complaints when it's too crowded and crazy for little Susie to get a pic with Elsa without waiting in line for 8 hours. You know that whatever TDO builds will be on the cheap. As for Norway, I'm not surprised it didn't want to kick in to keep the pavilion Norwegian. Disney isn't Walt's company any more. The good will and reputation for quality that he created is gone now; only greedy CEOs with a passion for "franchises" and "brands" remain. It's like when the hyenas took over the pride lands. And to top it all off, Disney offers a special "Maelstrom" t-shirt to all of the suckers who liked the ride - it was determined to suck every last drop out of that ride before destroying it.

Walt's creative legacy is now a prisoner to corporate greed:

images

And it's been obvious for some time that the suits have been snorting something. But hell, Mickey, they gotta scrimp on attractions and milk the rubes dry. The good stuff's not cheap!

cw1982

No, I'm talking about the 12-year-olds that are screaming about Epcot in ruins now.

Honestly if the least popular attraction in Epcot being changed ruins Epcot for you, you have not been paying any attention in the past 10 years.

Gotcha.

I've had quite a few people twist my words lately, so I wanted to be sure I wasn't being misunderstood yet again.

Thanks for clarifying. :)

lazyboy97o

And here all this time I thought you were the white cat in your avatar :)

But getting back on topic; We've not seen ANY concept artwork yet for the apparently blown out of completel proportion overlay that Maelstrom is getting. I mean think about it, maybe they mean "in early 2016" means that they'll have some artwork to show off. You all saw what happened when they first announced AVATARLand at Animal kingdom, it was a YEAR before any artwork or models were shown to the public; then another half year to begin construction if that.
How would concept art make Frozen more Norwegian?

Perhaps and likely. I'm content to wait and see. They could surprise us with an integration rather than an overlay that focuses on Frozen in a way that bring interest to Norway.

Like it or not (general, not you specifically), it worked for The Seas with Nemo. I think that's probably the best outcome to hope for at this point.
Staggs' own comments suggest a totally Frozen attraction.

FigmentsFangirl

So? This is all about making money. This is all about adding revenue to the parks. This is all about increasing attendance.

If you think management cares about Epcot being some sort of educational experience, then you were surely joking yourself will run some really good drugs. I can hear you can buy them from a local blogger....
No those were not my thought patterns. I for one am looking forwards to what I will see in 2016 when I visit Epoct {Even between then and now when I visit I always stop into there an wander the tiny pavillion, the place needs to get enhanced, {leveled out, more outside space. a larger shop and a dining hall {not a Princess M&G dining hall at that}}}

jupiter869

I was just at Disney last month. The line to ride Maelstrom was huge! Clearly it is a very popular ride right now. If you're gonna change a ride, why not Matterhorn at Disneyland instead?

Walt is rolling over in his grave. Epcot is exactly the wrong venue to put a Frozen attraction. Frankly, it's disrespectful to Norway to celebrate and promote a fictional town at an attraction in a park that was ideally designed to educate (well, at least a little).

And what happens in 3 years, or 10 or 20 years when Frozen becomes a ho-hum attraction.

FigmentsFangirl

How would concept art make Frozen more Norwegian?
Right there IN that stave church building, the insperation behind the film. Add more buildings like it, make a courtyard like Arendelle had at the end of the film, et volia! You have Norway.... mostly.

Just my thought. I'd like to see something to look forwards to.

FigmentsFangirl

Now then, nearly 50 pages inside of 24 hours, whoa. Barerly able to read anything elsewhere without getting an alert note for this thread. My thought now is; If it is JUST the ride they are making an overlay for PLUS an offical M&G location {with fastpass+ etc} then why all the complaining ? Its really just two things going into Norway at this point. they already got a art gallery of sorts dedicated to Frozen inside that Stave building

Marc Gil

Any chance that they're gutting the show building and starting from scratch? I know it's TDO we're talking about, but it doesn't make much sense to have water in a "Frozen" Ride.

I also hope that Puffin's Roost doesn't close. Where else am I going to get my Geir?

PhotoDave219

I was just at Disney last month. The line to ride Maelstrom was huge! Clearly it is a very popular ride right now. If you're gonna change a ride, why not Matterhorn at Disneyland instead?

Walt is rolling over in his grave. Epcot is exactly the wrong venue to put a Frozen attraction. Frankly, it's disrespectful to Norway to celebrate and promote a fictional town at an attraction in a park that was ideally designed to educate (well, at least a little).

And what happens in 3 years, or 10 or 20 years when Frozen becomes a ho-hum attraction.

No Walt is not. Walt Disney was long dead and in the ground before the concept of the world showcase even came about.

If anything, he's spinning in his grave for the removal of the fife and drum Corps.

FigmentsFangirl

No Walt is not. Walt Disney was long dead and in the ground before the concept of the world showcase even came about.

If anything, he's spinning in his grave for the removal of the fife and drum Corps.
I loved those guys, the music was awesome; every time I pass a group of either Redcoats or Bluecoats in Assassin's Creed III I'm reminded of them and how well the drummers do it in perfect timing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom