Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Oriolesmagic

Personally i'm looking forward to the Frozen re-theme. I realize it's not very fitting with the focus of Epcot's world showcase but having ridden the attraction recently It honestly just felt tired, outdated and to be completely honest kinda boring. As for the meet and greet, that was going to happen either way so there's no sense in arguing or complaining about it. Anna and elsa in Norway is no different than Snow White in Germany, Jasmin and Alladin in Morocco or Alice and Mary Poppins in Great Britain,

But they're not taking anything away to put those characters in Germany, Morocco and the UK. That's the difference.

mouse_luv

Personally i'm looking forward to the Frozen re-theme. I realize it's not very fitting with the focus of Epcot's world showcase but having ridden the attraction recently It honestly just felt tired, outdated and to be completely honest kinda boring. As for the meet and greet, that was going to happen either way so there's no sense in arguing or complaining about it. Anna and elsa in Norway is no different than Snow White in Germany, Jasmin and Alladin in Morocco or Alice and Mary Poppins in Great Britain,
Actually, it is. Number one..their lines are way longer and crowding in that TINY pavilion will be ridiculous. (It's already crowded w/o it). Second of all, I don't see a Snow White ride in Germany, an Aladdin ride in Morocco, or a Poppins ride in UK. So....

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
They have a reindeer in Frozen.... That's close enough... They'll rename the petting zoo in Rafikis Planet Watch and it'll be called Rafiki's Frozen Interactive Funland and put a reindeer or two in there to sell it.

Pretty sure they are more concerned about Pandora for AK...just saying...

roj2323

But they're not taking anything away to put those characters in Germany, Morocco and the UK. That's the difference.

The fact of the matter is we don't know what they have planned yet. We have no renderings or descriptions of plans officially. for all we know they are going to use the expansion plot between Norway and Mexico to build a meet and greet and just have an entry way from Norway.

dreamfinder

Do they really censor negative feedback? I mean, I can understand if someone is belligerent or offensive...but just the simple disapproval of a product is deemed unworthy to them to be shared in the public eye?

That's absurd. Most companies want & WELCOME both positive & negative feedback.

They most certainly do censor it. Look back at any of the unpopular announcements, LoW, Off Kilter, this and you will see very few (if any) overly critical comments. And those that are tend to be in the "Oh, I will miss this but am excited to see what will be coming."

I wouldn't agree that most companies want or welcome negative feedback on their official forums. Constructive criticism perhaps, but even that is rare on official announcements. By keeping the perceived feedback positive it helps to sell the announcement to those who are less informed. Reasons why more companies screen questions at open forums, engage massive social media groups to counteract negative online feedback, and often offer their own spin doctors to wax poetically on the new announcement/policy. (See the hordes of politicians providing spin for both parties around any major speech/election)

Oriolesmagic

The fact of the matter is we don't know what they have planned yet. We have no renderings or descriptions of plans officially. for all we know they are going to use the expansion plot between Norway and Mexico to build a meet and greet and just have an entry way from Norway.

The article on Disney.com clearly states that the ride is replacing Maelstrom. I'll find the quote.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom