Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

minsmk

Yeah.. Notice all of the comments are "omg i love frozen maelstrom will be shut down for good!!!1111one" Yeaaaaahh.. Not excited one bit.

I don't like Frozen and I don't like characters in WS.. Hmm, with that entertainment thing aswell I'm really debating getting another AP..

Mike S

Put this up in the other now locked Frozen thread. Sums up my feelings quite nicely along with my new signature.
image.jpg

ChimneySweep49

I think it's obvious based on how slowly comments are being posted to the blog that many are (were) like mine and not being accepted by the moderator. Implying they are not very welcoming of these changes.
Do they really censor negative feedback? I mean, I can understand if someone is belligerent or offensive...but just the simple disapproval of a product is deemed unworthy to them to be shared in the public eye?

That's absurd. Most companies want & WELCOME both positive & negative feedback.

CTXRover

The fact they had to REPLACE Maelstrom to put in a Frozen ride is lazy and greedy. You've got plenty of room to do the ride somewhere else and you'd have pretty universal happiness. (Pun intended?)

I agree. I don't understand the reason they have to replace something to add something. A true Frozen attraction makes sense, but we all probably agree that the location does not.

huntzilla

Just awful, awful news. 'Should be excited for a new attraction but I'm not. It's hard to be when it is just an existing overlay of a classic (many may differ on that) attraction. Bottom line is that this is not what WDW needs. The resort needs expansion, not reconsolidating. Sickens me to see everyone gushing about it in the comments too. Even if you hate Maelstrom, you should not be excited about this. It only further the poor decision making and further walmarting of the parks. Yeah, this was inevitable, but that doesn't mean we should be any less upset about it. As Disney fans, we should NOT be excited about this poorly thought out decision.

BrianV

I don't really care all that much except that Norway will be forever off limits due to crowds. But to be fair, people (excluding those on wdw magic) love frozen and are willing to do just about anything to get more of it. I cannot fault disney for giving people what they want. It seems in many ways they tend to usually give people stuff they don't want (avatar land for example).

roj2323

Personally i'm looking forward to the Frozen re-theme. I realize it's not very fitting with the focus of Epcot's world showcase but having ridden the attraction recently It honestly just felt tired, outdated and to be completely honest kinda boring. As for the meet and greet, that was going to happen either way so there's no sense in arguing or complaining about it. Anna and elsa in Norway is no different than Snow White in Germany, Jasmin and Alladin in Morocco or Alice and Mary Poppins in Great Britain,

ABQ

Do they really censor negative feedback? I mean, I can understand if someone is belligerent or offensive...but just the simple disapproval of a product is deemed unworthy to them to be shared in the public eye?

That's absurd. Most companies want & WELCOME both positive & negative feedback.
They absolutely do, my comments were quite tame and were still not accepted by their moderators. I essentially asked how much of Norway would remain Norwegian?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom