Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Cesar R M

You say 'all the way back' as if it were a good thing and just part of the journey. No, around 1994 is when the turn was made, heading the wrong direction. All you are doing is pointing back to when they made the turn... down the wrong street. That's the period that brought us innovations, the Imagination fiascos, the loss of sponsors, the lack of refreshes that doomed Horizons and WoL...

Earlier they tried to bring the characters in, but dressed to EPCOT, to address the 'where is Mickey??' problems.. but its not adding of foamheads that broke things.. it was where they were headed.

Now 20 years later we see where it's gotten us... a further stale EPCOT that is now punting all together on it's very premise. So to everyone who says "who cares.. its something new" - fans from the 90s have something for you... a history lesson.
unfortunately, as some posters have displayed..
"fans" of the 2000 (and beyond) .. do not seem to give a crap.
They claim everything is the "best thing ever!".

Last edited:

aladdin2007

well.. there is already a tv series show about vikings.

yes on the History Channel which is very popular. I would take a Ragnar animatronic over frozen any day lol. After seeing Once Upon a Time last night I was sighing even more about the frozen takeover of maelstrom. while two different things of course, just wasnt impressed with it being a part of Once.

with all that being said Norwegian cast is not supposed to be decreased at the pavilion during the maelstrom closure or after, thats what Im being told contrary to other rumor here.

As an update to my previous update, there is an ongoing proposal still in talks during the fall. The plan/deal would make a lets say correlating connection, at the pavilion between frozen and Norway, Norway and frozen, etc. I would love to say more but can't for now. But it is sounding good.

Now if I could just find about the status of that large troll in puffins roost, hmm. will keep trying.

Magenta Panther

Of course Disney doesn't consider it a classic. I don't think they consider any attraction in a non-castle park to be classics. That's part of why that Figment comic was such a big surprise to me. I never thought in a million years that the whole "Let's cash in on our attractions by expanding them into other media" thing would ever extend itself into Epcot.
Hell, Maelstrom would probably be the only other big Epcot candidate I could see translating into another medium well because Norse-inspired fantasy crap is always popular and that's probably never gonna happen now.

Also, park original content has had "Second Class Citizen" status amongst the various Disney IPs for years. Kingdom Keepers is a perfect illustration of that: Any park characters take a backseat to the stupid cartoon hologram stuff and are pretty much reduced to only being robot minions of the villains. They even made the Yeti Chernabog's host body or some stupid crap.

One of many reasons I detest those books. Badly written, bankrupt of creativity and utterly lacking so much as a smidge of actual Disney magic. Feh.

"Norse-inspired fantasy crap"...holy cow. You've opened my eyes. Thanks to the Frozen/Maelstrom makeover, Disney has totally missed out on making another movie based on one of their rides!!! "Maelstrom: The Movie" will never happen now! Iger butchered the cow before he had a chance to milk it. Heheheh. Somehow that makes me happy...

Mr Anderson

That's a shame. We've been on two separate trips (testing October 2013, and roll out April 2014) and had no problems. I actual don't have a problem with the bands and find them convenient...as long as you don't take them off during your drawing class and accidentally leave it in the art room :banghead:.

My only gripes is that I am NOT a fan of the 'no standby line.' Magic Bands is a great help/aid but you should also be allowed to spontaneously wait in line if you choose.

Also, I wish they had reminded us or made the whole 'pin' bit a more prominent part of the instructions since all 3 of us adults bypassed the fact we needed pin numbers. We had pins in October and completely forgot until we arrived April. One person in our family didn't go in October so got a different pin number. We thought that was for ALL of our bands, turned out it wasn't and caused some issues when we went to eat. We got it fixed quickly but that could have used a little more explanation. Other than that I think they work.

It's just that...all the money they spend on that system could have been used to build cool rides to make people want to visit.
I took all of our problems with the Magic Bands (there were several) very lightly, and hope that they work much better this time around. We went during the Beta test anyways, and since I work in IT, I am fairly forgiving with bugs in new systems, as I know it often goes like so:

99 little bugs in the code
99 bugs in the code
Patch one down, compile it around...
117 bugs in the code!!

:geek:

Cesar R M

I Love the idea of something more exciting coming to Norway than a stupid boat ride thats as exciting as whale sh*t. Lets be honest Norway had nothing going for it. It was a place you went to when everything else was full. I have two little girls and they are very much into Frozen. Its not a horrible movie. Oh wait maybe it is. I guess thats why everything frozen related is sold out in stores. I am glad Epcot is adding something and taking away something 32 years old. People want to expand epcot. INTO WHAT!!! People forget that the main purpose of Disneyland or World was a place for kids to have a safe and fun place to experience with there parents. I guess no one cares about that though since everyone here is on the board of directors. That was Walts Vision. It may not be yours but you didnt come up with the idea in the first place.
If little kids wanted princesses, they have MAGIC KINGDOM for that.
if they wanted to learn.. THERE IS EPCOT for that.
is they wanted to see animals and adventures.. THEY WOULD GO FOR ANIMAL KINGDOM
if they wanted to enjoy movies, the feel of hollywood.. THATS DISNEY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS for.

seems many people still cant understand the PURPOSE of EACH PARK.

Good because I really dont care what any one has to say.

lol, post online rant, blast everyone.. then claim you do not care.
that excuse is getting old even for frozen zealots.

Nick Wilde

If little kids wanted princesses, they have MAGIC KINGDOM for that.
if they wanted to learn.. THERE IS EPCOT for that.
is they wanted to see animals and adventures.. THEY WOULD GO FOR ANIMAL KINGDOM
if they wanted to enjoy movies, the feel of hollywood.. THATS DISNEY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS for.

seems many people still cant understand the PURPOSE of EACH PARK.
AMEN! Seems not a single pro-frozener understands what we mean. We have no aversion to Maelstrom leaving. No aversion to Frozen. Just the three L's of real estate. Location, Location and Location.

Ranch Dressing

Want to see something disgusting? When you get off Maelstrom in the fishing village before the film, take a gander at the ceiling. Big patches of mold.

Clamman73

A little while ago.
image.jpg

BigTxEars

AMEN! Seems not a single pro-frozener understands what we mean. We have no aversion to Maelstrom leaving. No aversion to Frozen. Just the three L's of real estate. Location, Location and Location.

Some of us understand it, we just don't agree with it being a poor fit at WS nor at Norway.. There is a difference. It's not accurate to say that someone who disagree with you just does not understand your views. Many (and boy are they a lot!) disagree with me on here but I don't think that all just misunderstand me. They just disagree with me, nothing wrong with that. Now there are some who read what they what they expect to read in an opposing post and not what is written. That is where the lack of understanding comes into play. That occurs on both sides of the issues. And not only on this forum :)

mitchk

So?? Back on track, I guess this is gonna be a quick redo with a few AAs and screens ? Right ? We are still talking about Norway right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 86

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom