Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

BigTxEars

Yes it will. Frozen would draw kids ANYWHERE. But I asked you what is keeping families from visiting WS now without Frozen there since you said Frozen taking over would be a win for families wanting to see WS together.

Do you think Frozen and the fictional land it takes place in fits into WS? Yes or No?

It does not and that is why it is pointless trying to explain why this is bad for WS to a brick wall. Which is fine that you feel that way.

I think Frozen fits in Norway just fine. I have said so for pages and pages and I have listed why as well a number of times. Go back and read those post if you are interested to see those reasons.

Where did I say anything is keeping families form visiting WS now? You seem to think I said that, where did I do so? I would be happy to talk about it but I have no ideal where you think I said that, could be a simple as a error on my part in what I posted. Let me know.

I did said it will draw kids (and thus their families) that might or might not otherwise want to go to WS. Go back and read my post, that is the exact wording I used. There are kids IMO that will go to ride Frozen that otherwise would not have wanted to go to WS, that is a win for those families as they can do that together.

BigTxEars

This just came to me......

Blizzard Beach should be turned into Frozen! It makes more sense than swapping out Norway and would probably cost less money to retheme it.

I just saved Disney even more money than this overlay!!

Works for me, BB is my favorite waterpark, although the wave pool at TL is awesome :)

BigTxEars

There also lots of things being closed, and corners being cut. And the things that are getting done are taking to long and are not as ambitious and ground breaking as we have come to expect from Disney.

Like I said glass half full :)

All personal perspective at the end of the day. Everybody has to decide for themselves rather the good outweighs the bad or not. No single answer there IMO.

ryan1

I see it as a win for families who want to see WS together. And with the long lines that are sure to be part of the ride when it opens there will be lots of time to be together! :)

This is exactly what you said. I'm asking you what is keeping families from seeing WS together as it is now? Why can't families enjoy WS without Frozen?

I think Frozen fits in Norway just fine.

And this is why it is pointless for me or anyone else to continue to beat our heads against the wall trying to explain why this is a bad idea.

Mr Anderson

I think Frozen fits in Norway just fine. I have said so for pages and pages and I have listed why as well a number of times. Go back and read those post if you are interested to see those reasons.

Oh, okay, sure.

Frozen belongs in Norway because Mickey says it does

Yeaaaaah, no. Do you honestly think this is a valid argument?

BigTxEars

This is exactly what you said. I'm asking you what is keeping families from seeing WS together as it is now? Why can't families enjoy WS without Frozen?

And this is why it is pointless for me or anyone else to continue to beat our heads against the wall trying to explain why this is a bad idea.

1. Where did I say families can not enjoy WS without Frozen? What post was that in? Point the way please.

2. Then quit bringing up the placement of Frozen in WS and asking me if I think it belongs there unless you want an answer. If Im the wall then you are beating you head against me by choice not by anything of my design. I have said more times than I can remember that the fact that the majority of guest at WDW associate Frozen with Norway IMO is enough of a justification for WDW to put it there.

ryan1

1. Where did I say families can not enjoy WS without Frozen? What post was that in? Point the way please.

I LITERALLY quoted your post and pointedthat out in my post.

1. What does Frozen's presence in WS have anything to do with families seeing WS together because you said "I see it as a win for families wanting to see WS together." Again, what is stopping families from seeing WS now without Frozen?

2. It is not by choice because you continue to post in this thread about how Frozen is a great fit and how we are wrong to think it doesn't belong because you think the point of Epcot and the original intent of WS doesn't fit anymore.

Nevermind, I don't really care anymore.

BigTxEars

Oh, okay, sure.

Yeaaaaah, no. Do you honestly think this is a valid argument?

1. Don't read them if you do not want too, I am not posting them for the 10th time is my point. They are there for anybody to see if they choose to.

2. It is a valid argument. Who should decide what goes where at WDW if not the people in charge of the park? What method would you like to see used to make those calls? Like I posted earlier with guest in the 10s of million range each year anything they do will meet with some people being unhappy about it.

BigTxEars

1. What does Frozen's presence in WS have anything to do with families seeing WS together because you said "I see it as a win for families wanting to see WS together." Again, what is stopping families from seeing WS now without Frozen?

2. It is not by choice because you continue to post in this thread about how Frozen is a great fit and how we are wrong to think it doesn't belong because you think the point of Epcot and the original intent of WS doesn't fit anymore.

1. You took it out of context but I think you know that...

Here is exactly what I posted word for word....

"IMO the building of Frozen at WS will do exactly like you posted, draw kids into an area they may or may not have wanted to visit before. I see it as a win for families who want to see WS together."

It's not complex, if kids want to go to WS to see Frozen who otherwise would not have wanted to go to WS then that is a win for their families as they can do that together.

2. Am I making you read or reply to my post? How do you not have choice in the matter? Feel free to add me to your ignore list if you can't control yourself in regards to my post. But don't blame me for your actions on a internet forum.

And let's not forget you are the one who brought up the fit of Frozen in WS again in post #3242 and asked me directly to reply about it and yet I am the one who is continuing to post about it?

Last edited:

Mike S

Obviously families are only interested if toons are involved. Nothing non-toon related works.

*looks at Haunted Mansion, looks at Pirates, looks at Space Mountain, looks at Thunder Mountain (you get the idea at this point)*

Yup, nothing non-toon works.

Beholder

1. Don't read them if you do not want too, I am not posting them for the 10th time is my point. They are there for anybody to see if they choose to.

2. It is a valid argument. Who should decide what goes where at WDW if not the people in charge of the park? What method would you like to see used to make those calls? Like I posted earlier with guest in the 10s of million range each year anything they do will meet with some people being unhappy about it.

The method that makes sense. The who's calling the shots and motive for those calls is the problem. The argument of the glass being half full or half empty doesn't really matter if the glass contains vinegar. Frozen, in the context of EPCOT being a park DESIGNED specifically to NOT be like Magic Kingdom, does not belong in WS.

Beholder

Obviously families are only interested if toons are involved. Nothing non-toon related works.

*looks at Haunted Mansion, looks at Pirates, looks at Space Mountain, looks at Thunder Mountain (you get the idea at this point)*

They better hurry up and stick Treasure Planet in MS.

Mr Anderson

Well then, using your logic, it would make just as much sense to integrate Frozen into Animal Kingdom. Because if Mickey suddenly decides it belongs there, well then, by golly, it does! I mean, who should decide what goes where at WDW if not the people in charge of the park?!? I mean, it's not like they should need to follow the overall theme and vision of each park or anything... they can just do whatever they want, when they want, right? Screw theme and vision. It's only what sets Disney Parks head and shoulders above every other theme park out there.

BigTxEars

The method that makes sense. The who's calling the shots and motive for those calls is the problem. The argument of the glass being half full or half empty doesn't really matter if the glass contains vinegar. Frozen, in the context of EPCOT being a park DESIGNED specifically to NOT be like Magic Kingdom, does not belong in WS.

If the majority of guest were not happy with the performance of the "shot callers" then the free market would resolve the issue. If they off enough people with "bad" moves at WDW and turns at the gate drop then they would not be shot callers for long.

The design of Epcot is open to debate IMO since it never operated as envisioned by Walt. It has evolved since before the shovel hit the dirt on day 1, it continues to now.

BigTxEars

Well then, using your logic, it would make just as much sense to integrate Frozen into Animal Kingdom. Because if Mickey suddenly decides it belongs there, well then, by golly, it does! I mean, who should decide what goes where at WDW if not the people in charge of the park?!? I mean, it's not like they should need to follow the overall theme and vision of each park or anything... they can just do whatever they want, when they want, right? Screw theme and vision. It's only what sets Disney Parks head and shoulders above every other theme park out there.

Your using the time tested and always weak debate method of taking things to imaginary extremes to try and prove a point. If WDW want to build Star Wars land in AK let me know, I judge things as individual cases.

Until then it's silly conjecture to try and compare the placement of a heavily Scandinavian influenced movie like Frozen in a Scandinavian country like Norway at WS and placing it in Animal Kingdom.

SirLink

If the majority of guest were not happy with the performance of the "shot callers" then the free market would resolve the issue. If they off enough people with "bad" moves at WDW and turns at the gate drop then they would not be shot callers for long.

The design of Epcot is open to debate IMO since it never operated as envisioned by Walt. It has evolved since before the shovel hit the dirt on day 1, it continues to now.

Hmmm "free market" theoretical at best.

BigTxEars

You know that is not what I posted, your smarter than that, I have read too many of your post.

Beholder

What EPCOT was intended to be is irrelevant once the park opened. As it was when it did open, it is vastly different and (my opinion) vastly superior to Epcot. As to wether or not the free market determines what executive stays or goes is quite outside my point. From the standpoint that MOST people on these forums are generally more knowledgable and often times offer a more sincere passion for WDW, my point is that the decision to put Frozen in WS is wrong. Can they? Yes, of course. Will it be a hit? Absolutely. But the question, does it belong there, is 100% no.

It's boils down to wether or not you believe that this park, or any of the parks, deserve to have their integrity left in tact? Do these parks deserve to be handled with greater care and with more attention to the legacy that they represent? I think they do. The legacy is MUCH bigger than any executive. It's bigger than any corporate vision.

Mike S

Why does that matter? Walt sadly died, end of story. EPCOT Center was then built as envisioned by the Imagineers at the time based on Walt's idea and they did an amazing job. Now their vision for the park has been tarnished by years of bad decisions with the recent entertainment cuts and this Frozen refurd being the latest offenders. The fact Walt wasn't involved with the creation of the theme park many fans grew to love is completely and utterly irrelevant to how it should move forward. The Imagineers who were involved with designing it deserve to have their vision continued, not thrown away for the sake of greed and cheapness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom