Disney confirm opening timetable for the remainder of the new Fantasyland

devoy1701

You are not going to build anything inside an active area of a Disney theme park worthwhile in less than 2 years. It doesn't happen. Or would you rather it be rushed and have a low quality result?

have they been working around the clock? 3 shifts so that work is being done continuously?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
They have 6 months before it becomes an Island construction zone. They should start cracking the whip now and get as much as they can before this happens.

I'm sure that is happening. If you have been watching the construction pick coverage here on WDWMAGIC you will notice they have not been exactly slow with cracking on with the mine train.

Either way, knowing how Disney do these things, they will have computer models of the construction timetable to the hour through to 2014.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
have they been working around the clock? 3 shifts so that work is being done continuously?

For a lot of the time - yes. They were operating all night during the Disney 24 hour - which has been the only time we have been able to verify construction activity throughout the night.

Mawg

For a lot of the time - yes. They were operating all night during the Disney 24 hour - which has been the only time we have been able to verify construction activity throughout the night.

Yeah, I saw a picture of the walkway expansion with no one working except the guy sleeping.

Someone left this fantastically snarky comment on my blog which sums up how I feel much better than I can:

It sounds like WDW said they were announcing "dates" and then proceeded to announce "nebulous, vague and lengthy seasons of time," with the exception of July 2012, which although 31 days long, is a beacon of specificity compared with the rest of the announcement. I'm afraid WDW's refusal to release actual "opening dates" will provide no help whatsoever to anyone planning a visit in the next six months, except to discourage those going before July, and cause a lot of others to postpone their vacations until 2013 or 2014. Oh WDW, you always get me excited for a big announcement, only to announce... nothing new. Yet I fall for it every time! ; )

I think it's spot on.

Mawg

Someone left this fantastically snarky comment on my blog which sums up how I feel much better than I can:

It sounds like WDW said they were announcing "dates" and then proceeded to announce "nebulous, vague and lengthy seasons of time," with the exception of July 2012, which although 31 days long, is a beacon of specificity compared with the rest of the announcement. I'm afraid WDW's refusal to release actual "opening dates" will provide no help whatsoever to anyone planning a visit in the next six months, except to discourage those going before July, and cause a lot of others to postpone their vacations until 2013 or 2014. Oh WDW, you always get me excited for a big announcement, only to announce... nothing new. Yet I fall for it every time! ; )

I think it's spot on.

Yup, I'm postponing mine to 2014.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I saw a picture of the walkway expansion with no one working except the guy sleeping.

What is your point? Are you trying to suggest that there are no workers, and the one worker who is there is asleep?

You need to have a look at the photos on http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fantasyland/News.htm

I think you will find many many examples of the place absolutely packed with crews.

jeff59rt

We just got back from universal Orlando and they have plenty of construction work going on there, jaws was a dirt hole, new despicable me dark ride going in, new night time water show. The best part though every effect in every ride worked. Will they open HP2 before this mine train?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
We just got back from universal Orlando and they have plenty of construction work going on there, jaws was a dirt hole, new despicable me dark ride going in, new night time water show. The best part though every effect in every ride worked. Will they open HP2 before this mine train?

I hope not, because if they do, it won't be very good.

wdweric2.0

You people will never be happy with anything Disney ever does. Nothing is ever good enough, fast enough, detailed enough. Everybody here has outlandish expectations. Disney and WDW is a business, with shareholders, their #1 goal is to make money. I go and enjoy what is there, and go back to see what isn't finished yet. If everything isn't to your liking, why do you spend so much time and money going there?

Captain Chaos

May be opening around the same time... In which case, Disney gets crushed... Sorry, but that is the honest truth... Universal will pack them in waiting to get into Diagon Alley and the new Potter attraction... And will over shadow Disney's grand opening...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I guess that's the case if it's not going to be done until 2014, sure looks like that one guy could use some help

I'm sure he'll be fine. Along with the rest of the people working hard to get this project done.

Rescue Ranger

Well, cancelled my rough trip plans. I just booked my cruise on the Dream for September for 5 days!
So excited as its my first ever Disney Cruise!!!!!
But, I am still going to visit the World too for the rest of the trip and take advantage of free dining. Since I just did AK and MK a couple weeks ago(it was a 3 day WDW stop-over for a different visit to Miami), I will do Epcot and Hollywood and hopefully a Not So Scary Halloween Party if dates allow.

Will visit Universal too. Haven't been there since IOA first opened. I'll save my next full trip to WDW for some time in 2014 or 2015 depending on the Mine Train and Avatar. That is, as long as 2012 doesnt wipe us out.....:lookaroun

I will say though, its very stupid to me to close Snow White so early now with this new info.

HMButler79

You people will never be happy with anything Disney ever does.Nothing is ever good enough, fast enough, detailed enough. Everybody here has outlandish expectations. Disney and WDW is a business, with shareholders, their #1 goal is to make money. I go and enjoy what is there, and go back to see what isn't finished yet. If everything isn't to your liking, why do you spend so much time and money going there?

Because were raised to HAVE high expectations thanks to Walt, Roy, Michael and Frank. Heaven forbid some of us were raised with Disney before 1994 and have standards.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom