Disney Christmas Parade! Whats your take?

figment1988

the opening was very good, but aside from that, it was a shameless plug for the Disney Vacation Club, which unfortunately did not give poor Duffy much airtime like he had in 2011 (save for his live action appearance at the start, and some girl's Duffy making a cameo appearance before a commercial break)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Me, the parade is another dumbed downed Disney experience. My Kids when small got to experience the Christmas parade on Christmas morning. Best of the best.

raymusiccity

Me, the parade is another dumbed downed Disney experience. My Kids when small got to experience the Christmas parade on Christmas morning. Best of the best.

This just seems to be the status quo nowadays. The traditional Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade was the official start of the Christmas season. Now, the 'parade' is constantly interrupted by 'musical guests' and plugs for Broadway shows, having nothing to do with the holidays. They don't even allow the marching bands to play Christmas carols ('gasp'!). When Disney saw how successful they were with that approach, they quickly followed suit.

luv

For Anyone who needs to see it or see it again..Here you go..

Thanks for that! I love that opening number. :)

Yes, the "Disney Side" thing is very lame. And Yes, the stuff showing people using iPads in the parks was ridiculous...and all that Magic Band promotion struck me as desperate. If people really want it, you won't have to keep pushing and pushing it.

Lara was not someone I ever need to see again.

But Doogie was fantastic, Nick was lots of fun. They had some decent songs.

It's much better than some of their "parades."

Maybe next year will be even better!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
They had me really enjoying the opening until...

"Oh Darth, you need to turn that Dark Side into a Disney Side!"

49543_original.gif

luv

I just wish they'd have as many dancers in the regular, real parade as they do on TV...and as they used to have in the park. These parades need more people dancing and smiling and wearing cute costumes! It adds so much!

Not being a Star Wars fan, I don't get, really, why it's so bad to make jokes with/about old Darth. But I literally saw only the first movie...and I saw it when it came out, in 1970-something ('76? '77?) so I remember almost nothing. I kind of thought the Darth jokes were funny. But I defer to those who love Star Wars and believe them to be inappropriate. :)

Let's hope next year's has less pop stuff, less Teen Beach stuff, less ads for wristbands (NO ad for using your iPad in the park, God help us) and even more good, old-fashioned Christmas parade! :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I note she doesn't mention the 3 a day limit or the park limitations or the tiers. I know it's basically a commercial...but come on...get back to the show!

Oh WOW, she got a FAST PASS PLUS for DUMBO!

<facepalms>

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom