Disney Christmas Parade! Whats your take?

disney4life2008

Look at the comparison and tell me which one looks more enjoyable to watch..

The last disney parade I enjoyed was from 1997. The problem with the parades today is that is nothing more than a 2 hour advertisement for DCL, DW, DL, Adventures - which is fine but I could really give a care about all of those. I want a parade filled with disney characters not a 2 hour promotion with families. And this years was just bad - the MB promotion, the concerts is all just bad. And NPH was even worse.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ok, I like Nick Cannon and Doogie, even though they are campy. But...every time "Lana" comes on the screen I want to scream!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
"All rooms feature Disney's Distinctive Attention to Detail"??????

Ok, "Lana"...would you like me to share how great their "Attention to Detail" has become when you aren't staying in a comped room that has been set up to impress you?

Oh, and sound issues! What is this girl singing? Someone got chewed out for this I suspect! Funny, considering it's not live!

Matt_Black

Not being a Star Wars fan, I don't get, really, why it's so bad to make jokes with/about old Darth. But I literally saw only the first movie...and I saw it when it came out, in 1970-something ('76? '77?) so I remember almost nothing. I kind of thought the Darth jokes were funny. But I defer to those who love Star Wars and believe them to be inappropriate. :)

It's similar to how some Batman fans knock on the Adam West show or the Schumacher movies, a character who dresses as a flying mouse who fights a guy dressed as a clown, but God forbid it ever be done in a silly fashion! There's a particular idea in their heads of "the right way" to present the character, and anything that deviates from that is "stupid" or "bad". It's especially odd when you consider that Star Wars is essentially "Space Cowboys & Space Samurais fighting Space Nazis & Space Wizards IN SPACE!" It's a light-hearted concept that can be played straight, or be played for a bit of fun. The flip side is getting what we got in the prequels- absolutely ludicrous nonsense being treated with utmost gravitas.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I see what you all mean about the "canned audience cheers"... It's ruining Mary J. Bliges performance, which is spectacular.

I just don't need to hear squealing teens every 3 seconds like this is a Justin Beiber song.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Oh, nice Mary ("here we are" where she breaks it down)...brilliant. I got chills! Just wish there wasn't this fake "audience" sound ruining the performance!

luv

I like these guys...

image.jpg

And I really like these guys...

image.jpg

But these guys are the BEST!!!...

image.jpg

I don't know how to make them smaller. Sorry.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
For those who don't know, my sister was involved with Crown for a long time. Still is (loosely).

At least they didn't use Lara for the Cruise Line commercial!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
At least with DCL can deliver on the "quality" and "attention to detail" claim. I actually found myself missing the Fantasy...can't wait for the Dream in a few months!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom