Disney Chase Card???

Mickey&Minnie

Original Poster
I know a lot of you have a Disney Chase card and we are applying for one this week. I have a question and yes that the opperator could probably answer it but what are friends for? Ok do how many discounts through out the year are offered? Anything special? Or is it kind of hit and miss?

primetime52

I know a lot of you have a Disney Chase card and we are applying for one this week. I have a question and yes that the opperator could probably answer it but what are friends for? Ok do how many discounts through out the year are offered? Anything special? Or is it kind of hit and miss?

I've had this card for about 9 months and to be honest, I still don't know all that much about it (ie I don't necessarily know the full extent of the discounts).

I do know that the primary appeal of this card is the fact that you earn 1 "Disney Dream Reward Dollar" per $100 of purchases on the card. For example, if you've spent $1200 on your card, you've earned 12 Reward Dollars. Whenever you want, you can redeem these rewards in the form of a gift card, which can be used to buy a variety of Disney related merchandise. I'm pretty sure these rewards cards are accepted pretty much anywhere in the Disney Parks.

They've got a special deal going on now through August, where you earn 5 times the reward dollars for every $100 you spend past $250 per month. You have to specially enroll to get this deal. It isn't available to you automatically.

I haven't yet redeemed any of my rewards dollars, but I plan to do so before my trip next month. It's gonna be nice having some extra "free" money to spend.

dnalorg

They've got a special deal going on now through August, where you earn 5 times the reward dollars for every $100 you spend past $250 per month. You have to specially enroll to get this deal. It isn't available to you automatically.

I haven't seen that one. What do you have to do to enroll for that deal? I'm paying off my $3000+ Disney trip in the next few days and, well, a 5x bonus would be nice!

Shannon_Yensid

This special varies per card holder and isn't quite as straight forward as 5x rewards after $250... you have to spend the $250 in specific categories (for example, my offer was dining, gas, groceries and airlines. so once I spend a combined total of $250 in dining, gas, groceries and airlines, in one month, then I will start to earn 5x rewards on the dining, gas, groceries and airlines for the rest of that month) my grandma and mom both have cards and did not get this offer but they have gotten it for other categories for other dollar amounts in the past. for example, my mom spends significantly more than I do so her threshold last time one of these offers came around was $1000 spent in one month in the categories before the 5x rewards began. My grandma helped me furnish my new home and two months later got 5x rewards after spending $500 in furniture. Point is these offers are not uniform and not offered to all card holders at the same time.

you can also check out this site for more info about the benefits
http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/cardbenefits/index.html
:wave:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
This special varies per card holder and isn't quite as straight forward as 5x rewards after $250... you have to spend the $250 in specific categories (for example, my offer was dining, gas, groceries and airlines. so once I spend a combined total of $250 in dining, gas, groceries and airlines, in one month, then I will start to earn 5x rewards on the dining, gas, groceries and airlines for the rest of that month) my grandma and mom both have cards and did not get this offer but they have gotten it for other categories for other dollar amounts in the past. for example, my mom spends significantly more than I do so her threshold last time one of these offers came around was $1000 spent in one month in the categories before the 5x rewards began. My grandma helped me furnish my new home and two months later got 5x rewards after spending $500 in furniture. Point is these offers are not uniform and not offered to all card holders at the same time.

you can also check out this site for more info about the benefits
http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/cardbenefits/index.html
:wave:

The link provided above gives you the comprehensive summary.
Generally you get a 10% discount on merchandise, tours and some dining. You also have access to periodic vacation discount packages. I find those benefits most useful.

Mansionbutler

Disney Card!

The disney card is great. me and my wife use it and pay it off all the time just to get the points. we have been building the point for a year and when we go down we will not have to pay for any of our snakes or and odds and ends that we need. also if you go to the pin shop in DTD the have pins you can buy that non card holders cant get. also there is a discount of some merch just show or use you card. also you can use point to go to Disney movies we us them all the time for that.

Mickey&Minnie

Original Poster
The disney card is great. me and my wife use it and pay it off all the time just to get the points. we have been building the point for a year and when we go down we will not have to pay for any of our snakes or and odds and ends that we need. also if you go to the pin shop in DTD the have pins you can buy that non card holders cant get. also there is a discount of some merch just show or use you card. also you can use point to go to Disney movies we us them all the time for that.

:eek::eek::eek:

imamouse

We charge everything to our Disney Visa card and then pay it off in full each month. I save up my points and then use them to make up the difference between a value resort and a deluxe. I also appreciate being able to book some specials before they go on sale to the public.

We've had the card for about three years. Last year, I had about 400 points that we used during our stay (I was able to make company purchases and be reimbursed all the while racking up points.) Just be mindful that you pay typically 9.9% to 14.9% interest rates if you don't pay the card off each month, so the 1 point for $100 is not that great of a deal if you pay finance charges. So far, we've paid for meals, tours, and merchandise at Disney. You can also buy things at DisneyStore.com and the retail stores on the card. And we got special pins and the special private character greeting at Epcot that was exclusive to card members. We are Florida residents so the vacation package discounts are typically not better than the Florida rates. You can call or get online and move your points to a credit card that they issue by mail (which takes 4-6 weeks to receive). The card does expire. If you are near the expiration and want move the money not spent, you can get gift certificates for Target, Walmart, etc. to buy something specific like Disney toys or Disney videos that have a 12-24 month expiration date.

ann0d

I am a charter member and the only thing we ever used it for was the points. The first time I redeemed my points to by tickets for Disneyland and the last time we used them to buy all our meals for 6 days!!! How I did that was buy a Disney gift card at the Disney store and it was good at all restuarants in Disney. We ate good and several character meals! I think we also bought some gifts in down town Disney

The only thing we ever saw we might have used was the free photo in Epcot, we got there and the line was so long, we passed. Wasn't worth the wait to get a free photo for us! Did better at the character meals for photo ops! KWIM?

Lucky

A lot of cards have cash back or some sort of rewards system. The major reason we have this card is you can charge your Disney vacation at 0% for 6 months, and you can book free dining several days before the general public.

J_Krafty24

A note about these special deals.

Not everyone gets them. It is completly random and they are not always the same. You can have the card for years and never get the opportunity to take part in them. You can also get multiple special deals in a year. It is all about luck.

The deal that I got in the mail the other day offers 5x the rewards points on dining, gas, groceries and airfare but only after you have spent $750 in one month on those categories. I won't even be bothering to sign up for it as I won't get close to that base amount.

Yankeeplex

I called Chase about the promotions that were revealed to me by another WDW magic member, and they did not know anything about it. I can't for the life of me wonder why they make this promotion so random that they seem to be hiding from the public. Very bizarre :shrug::shrug::shrug:

pluto77

If you haven't applied for the card yet, there's a code at the end of the Birnbaum's Walt Disney World guide book where you get a $50 gift card after your first purchase (I know this because my sister and I both used the same code to apply for ours and we both got our $50 cards in under 2 weeks).

The main draw to the card is are the point you earn. I use my card for virtually everything, and I pay it off every month. It's a nice way to save for a Disney trip, and you know you won't spend the rewards on something else. Just to clarify, the points don't expire. However, once you transfer them to the rewards card, the card has an expiration date, so don't transfer the points until you're ready to use them.

It also says on the website that you get 10% off on select merchandise. I'm not sure what the applies to though since I haven't been to the parks since I got my card. There's also a special meet 'n' greet at Epcot where you can get a free picture if your a disney visa card holder.

Mickey&Minnie

Original Poster
We are mainly applying for the card b/c our bank credit card stop using the Disney card :eek: and that is what we were using the whole card for.

does anyone know how long you have before the gift card expires, b/c are trip isn't until may and I don't want the card to expire before I get there. Maybe they can hold on to it until we get closer to the trip.

Thank you pluto77, forreminding me about Birbaum's book, b/c I hd noticed it but of course forgotten. Let me get that coupon now before I forget again.:shrug:

pluto77

We are mainly applying for the card b/c our bank credit card stop using the Disney card :eek: and that is what we were using the whole card for.

does anyone know how long you have before the gift card expires, b/c are trip isn't until may and I don't want the card to expire before I get there. Maybe they can hold on to it until we get closer to the trip.

Thank you pluto77, forreminding me about Birbaum's book, b/c I hd noticed it but of course forgotten. Let me get that coupon now before I forget again.:shrug:
Your Welcome :)

If you end up using the code, the $50 you get is actually in the form of a Disney gift card. They mail that to you pretty much right away after your first purchase, and it never expires. So you'll be fine with that.

Once you start accumulating rewards on your credit card you can transfer over your points to a rewards card. I think you have to have at least $20 in rewards to start a new card. Once you transfer it over to the card, the rewards card will have an expiration date. They don't give you the rewards card until you request it, so yeah you can wait until closer to your trip (just make sure that it's going to reach your mailbox before you leave :animwink:). I think I read somewhere that you can even transfer it at guest relations at the Disney parks, but don't quote me on that.

fmingo36

LOL - today (4 Aug) I get the mailer that offers 5X DDRDs in July, Aug and Sept... :lol:

I was wondering did the offer come free standing or with your statement?
I've had the card for over a 1 1/2 years and have never got a special offer, but I get my statement electronically.

lilclerk

I was wondering did the offer come free standing or with your statement?
I've had the card for over a 1 1/2 years and have never got a special offer, but I get my statement electronically.
I get my statement electronically as well and I got this offer in my email as a special offer, like when they offer room discounts and free dining :shrug: You had to enter a code from the email into the website.

fmingo36

I get my statement electronically as well and I got this offer in my email as a special offer, like when they offer room discounts and free dining :shrug: You had to enter a code from the email into the website.

BUMMER! I want bonus points!
I have to pay off my Disney vacation this month so extra points wouls have been nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom