News Disney Characters Say Tourists Inappropriately Touched Them

Drebe73

This is appalling yet not surprising. The same concerns were voiced by Universal Studios Scare Actors a few years back. Disney cast members are certainly not immune to this sort of behavior from guests. Gather millions of people from around the world in one place and you’ll see the best and the worst of humanity.

Gooft707

Hello, everyone and Happy New Year!

A lot of people do not think when they are around Disney Characters and get really excited and want to get extremely hands on, I have to deal with this almost every day with Goofy, people really like to pull on his nose. One day someone walked up and grabbed Goofy’s nose really hard to give him a kiss, and I ended up at a chiropractor for the next week because the guest pulled so hard and really hurt my neck.
It sucks because they’re so excited to meet that character that they love, and many times forget to be careful.

Now on the topic of inappropriate touching, I personally never had to deal with that, and it’s terrible that I definitely know of some of my closest friends that have dealt with it. A lot of times people think that it’s just funny and they’re showing off to their friends, but it’s not.
I have just learned to notice the guests that are very rowdy and prepared ahead in case they want to cause any trouble, and a good Character Attendant makes life so much easier

Cesar R M

The “pat on the head” sounds like it was exaggerated by Disney and really shouldn’t be included in the article.
Agree. The character could have received a full blown people's elbow by a flying grandmah.. and Disney PR would have twisted it to be a "soft friendly pat in the shoulder" :hilarious:

Well what one person (guest) interprets a 'pat on the head' could actually be them smacking Mickey in the head hard, causing the performer's head to whip uncomfortably.
and add the weight of the head...

A Noble Fish

tenor.gif

Jedi Stitch

Makes you wonder some days. Where do you put your hands, do you use the character rules all character hands must be visible in the photo. Like I have said before, I did an arm around side hug with mickey for a photo, and felt more. Going oh sorry, and re position to the shoulder, and then went shoulder the rest of the trip.

OG Runner

I can't imagine how hard that grandma must have patted Mickey on the head to hurt the cast member's neck. Was she patting him on the head with a pipe wrench? I've been patted on the head many times in my life, and so far, have luckily escaped without injury.

No visible damage. :joyfull: :joyfull::joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom