News Disney Characters Say Tourists Inappropriately Touched Them

TrainsOfDisney

as a side thought to all of this... the female storytellers in the frozen sing along show get pretty handsy with Kristoff despite him trying to decline their advances....

Animaniac93-98

as a side thought to all of this... the female storytellers in the frozen sing along show get pretty handsy with Kristoff despite him trying to decline their advances....

It's safe to assume that's part of the act since it happens at every show and it's between CMs.

A guest touching a CM without their permission, in a way that can hurt them or make them feel uncomfortable, is not OK.

Easiest rule of thumb is to ask yourself "would I be OK with a total stranger touching me like that in public?"

DisneyCane

Not surprised, this is probably an hourly occurrence. I suspect kids are molested hourly as well. Places like WDW are magnets for ped- o - files and perverts, both workers and visitors... Never stayed on property in my life, but if I did I would never let my kids go to pool on their own. When I visited with my family, I never let my kids out of my sight.
You are either naive or delusional to think that your kids have less of a chance to be molested at a hotel pool that isn't on Disney property.

TrainsOfDisney

It's safe to assume that's part of the act since it happens at every show and it's between CMs.

A guest touching a CM without their permission, in a way that can hurt them or make them feel uncomfortable, is not OK.

Easiest rule of thumb is to ask yourself "would I be OK with a total stranger touching me like that in public?"

Well yeah it’s part of the act.... it happens every show. Lol.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Well..they're slowly getting rid of the photographers. Characters may be next. Soon, we'll be walking into a small room with nobody in it - turn around - smile - then leave. But rest assured, Disney will still charge the add-on for that. And the lines will still be long.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Well..they're slowly getting rid of the photographers. Characters may be next. Soon, we'll be walking into a small room with nobody in it - turn around - smile - then leave. But rest assured, Disney will still charge the add-on for that.
"Ok little Tony, just smile against the green screen! Great! Now, which character would you like added? Tigger? Great! Now you can pay $20 for your meet and greet with Tigger, oh you want an autograph? The pre-loaded autograph flash drive is $30, $29.99 for APs. Bye bye!"

awoogala

I've worked as a face character and mascot type head/costume, when I was younger. At an amusement park (not Disney), and other places.
The amount of men (and it was always men in my experience, though I'm sure women can be just as bad) who made suggestive comments, got handsy, etc. , usually with children/wife girlfriend with them, was insane.
I can imagine only half of what happens gets reported. People are crazy.

GSP Guy

I've worked as a face character and mascot type head/costume, when I was younger. At an amusement park (not Disney), and other places.
The amount of men (and it was always men in my experience, though I'm sure women can be just as bad) who made suggestive comments, got handsy, etc. , usually with children/wife girlfriend with them, was insane.
I can imagine only half of what happens gets reported. People are crazy.
You seem like the perfect person to as a question I've been curious about. As a character are you expected by management to pursue a photo even if someone says no thanks. I'm trying to figure how to word correctly what I'm asking. For example if we are at a character meal and I snap a photo of my wife with the character often the character will then move in my direction for "my" photo and I'll just smile and tell them no thanks it's more for the wife but some are nicely insistent so just curious if it's the job requirement. To each their own but as a grown man it just feels awkward to me. Especially face characters! It's certainly not something that angers me so I usually just go along with it figuring they are just doing their job but boy does it feel odd standing in a crowded room taking the pic.
Edit: just realized you said you weren't at Disney

Last edited:

deeevo

Both cast members who portrayed Mickey & Minnie were 36. I'm just wondering how hard the woman was patting Mickey's head for the costume to slip and cause neck damage.

As for the teenager portraying Donald, that's a frightening situation. You're in full costume with limited sight when a guest gets incredibly handsy with you and puts her hands inside of your costume. I can understand why she didn't press charges (guest possibly had dementia), but the CM was young and probably concerned at the time it happened.

The DVC member who groped Minnie is weirdly not banned from Saratoga Springs. He's banned from the parks, but can still go to the resort?
I mean there a DVC member....

ImperfectPixie

Well..they're slowly getting rid of the photographers. Characters may be next. Soon, we'll be walking into a small room with nobody in it - turn around - smile - then leave. But rest assured, Disney will still charge the add-on for that. And the lines will still be long.
"Ok little Tony, just smile against the green screen! Great! Now, which character would you like added? Tigger? Great! Now you can pay $20 for your meet and greet with Tigger, oh you want an autograph? The pre-loaded autograph flash drive is $30, $29.99 for APs. Bye bye!"
That's basically what they do at the LegoLand Discovery center near us. You pose in front of a green screen and they put an image promoting one of the Lego movies into the background during processing. The pics are SO BAD...I only bought one for my MIL because she treated us to the visit. (The background image is so bright and busy that you can't really tell what's going on in the pic at all.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom