News Disney Characters Say Tourists Inappropriately Touched Them

BromBones

Original Poster
Now we have more characters (not face characters) coming forward and saying that tourists "inappropriately touched them".
One of them who played Mickey Mouse said they suffered "neck injuries" when an elderly grandmother patted Mickey Mouse on the head.

"The woman inside the Mickey Mouse costume went to the hospital with neck injuries caused by a grandmother patting the character’s head, while the employees wearing the Minnie Mouse and Donald Duck costumes were groped by tourists, according to Orange County Sheriff’s Office reports."

You now have to wonder how many of these complaints are valid and how many are CMs being oversensitive and/or looking for a payout from Disney?
Legit groping is a serious issue, but what constitutes "inappropriate touching"? And if this continues then how long will it be before characters stay behind barricades and Disney makes guests and children stand on the other side of the barricade to get pictures with the characters?

Last edited by a moderator:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Now we have more characters (not face characters) coming forward and saying that tourists "inappropriately touched them".
One of them who played Mickey Mouse said they suffered "neck injuries" when an elderly grandmother patted Mickey Mouse on the head.

"The woman inside the Mickey Mouse costume went to the hospital with neck injuries caused by a grandmother patting the character’s head, while the employees wearing the Minnie Mouse and Donald Duck costumes were groped by tourists, according to Orange County Sheriff’s Office reports."

You now have to wonder how many of these complaints are valid and how many are CMs being oversensitive and/or looking for a payout from Disney?
Legit groping is a serious issue, but what constitutes "inappropriate touching"? And if this continues then how long will it be before characters stay behind barricades and Disney makes guests and children stand on the other side of the barricade to get pictures with the characters?

Are these legit complaints or are these just Millennials being too oversensitive and looking for "micro-aggressions"?

One of the CMs was 36 years-old. Fairly certain it's not a millennial being over sensitive....

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
ee0dd556997b85048641ec51c6287ec7-2.jpg

Princess Leia

One of the CMs was 36 years-old. Fairly certain it's not a millennial being over sensitive....
Both cast members who portrayed Mickey & Minnie were 36. I'm just wondering how hard the woman was patting Mickey's head for the costume to slip and cause neck damage.

As for the teenager portraying Donald, that's a frightening situation. You're in full costume with limited sight when a guest gets incredibly handsy with you and puts her hands inside of your costume. I can understand why she didn't press charges (guest possibly had dementia), but the CM was young and probably concerned at the time it happened.

The DVC member who groped Minnie is weirdly not banned from Saratoga Springs. He's banned from the parks, but can still go to the resort?

ABQ

Do not each 9f the costumed characters have a handler CM nearby to assist when things go wrong? If that's not their reason for being there, what is the reason? Do they need bouncers?

nicb88

Both cast members who portrayed Mickey & Minnie were 36. I'm just wondering how hard the woman was patting Mickey's head for the costume to slip and cause neck damage.

As for the teenager portraying Donald, that's a frightening situation. You're in full costume with limited sight when a guest gets incredibly handsy with you and puts her hands inside of your costume. I can understand why she didn't press charges (guest possibly had dementia), but the CM was young and probably concerned at the time it happened.

The DVC member who groped Minnie is weirdly not banned from Saratoga Springs. He's banned from the parks, but can still go to the resort?

With regards to the DVC situation, I presume he must own at Saratoga and therefore cannot be ‘banned’ from real estate he owns? Perhaps there’s small print that could get Disney out of this situation but I’d assume they’d have played that card already if so.

MAGICFLOP

Not surprised, this is probably an hourly occurrence. I suspect kids are molested hourly as well. Places like WDW are magnets for ped- o - files and perverts, both workers and visitors... Never stayed on property in my life, but if I did I would never let my kids go to pool on their own. When I visited with my family, I never let my kids out of my sight.

mm52200

This kind of stuff happens all the time almost every day. Characters will even get punched in the face, picked up, all kinds of craziness.
It’s interesting to see these situations being reported and picked up on specifically. But also don’t please make this a millennial thing, you don’t know the kind of physical toll those costumes already take on cast members let alone what the guests add to it.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
The “pat on the head” sounds like it was exaggerated by Disney and really shouldn’t be included in the article.
Well what one person (guest) interprets a 'pat on the head' could actually be them smacking Mickey in the head hard, causing the performer's head to whip uncomfortably.

Minthorne

Soon all photo shoots will be with animatronic characters.

interesting they couldn’t trespass the DVC member from SSR. Must be the only resort he owns at.

Heppenheimer

Is groping a fully costumed character now some kind of weird paraphelia? I'm too scared I might not be able to unsee the results if I tried a google search on the subject.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom