Disney Channel Rant

Matt_Black

True, Disney Channel is very not good. On the other hand, Disney XD and Disney Jr are currently very good with their programming. Disney XD seems to be firing on all cylinders right now, with Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, and Star Wars Rebels. Admittedly, 7D and Kirby Buckets seem to be missteps, but otherwise I'm very hopeful that this is the start of getting Disney XD back on track as the animation network for Disney.

DSquared

I'm still glad that Disney gives us XD as a safe haven. The programming now is fine, except for Kirby Buckets (a fail at imitating Out of Jimmy's Head) and the constant poorly animated shows like Dormon and Boyster. Randy Cunningham is trying to hard to be comedic.

I'm still waiting for a House of Mouse reboot:)

DSquared

For some reason, I always thought the Even Stevens, Life with Derek, and things like that were boring. They simulated life too realistically. What made Lizzy good was a balance between real and fictional worlds.

kad1121

The best thread I've read on here.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for reminding me I am not alone!

I hate every single show the Disney Channel/Disney XD/Disney Junior has created. It's really a disgrace to the world in my opinion. :mad:

Thank goodness no merchandise/attractions/shows have made their way into the parks!

Also, I HATE Girl Meets World! Did anyone realize they made fun of Asperger's Syndrome? :cry:

Matt_Black

I hate every single show the Disney Channel/Disney XD/Disney Junior has created. It's really a disgrace to the world in my opinion. :mad:

Wait, EVERY single show? I'll agree the live action output is rubbish, but animation wise we've had some great stuff like Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, Star Wars Rebels, Star Vs The Forces of Evil (HURRY UP SEASON 2!!!), Sofia the First, Sheriff Callie's Wild West, and Jake & The Neverland Pirates.

mf1972

I won't say I hate the current animated shows on now. I just like to watch the old original Disney character shorts.

CaptainAmerica

I like a lot of the Disney Junior programming for little kids, which is who it's supposed to be for. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Sophia the First, Goldie & Bear, Doc McStuffins, and The Lion Guard are all quite good. I especially appreciate the way The Lion Guard tries to mimic the hand-drawn style of the original Lion King.

But yeah, Disney Channel sucks. Honestly though, I don't see any programming anywhere that's as good as what we saw in the 90s and even early 2000s. A lot of great TV blocks have died, particularly sitcoms. ABC's TGIF lineup (Full House, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Step by Step, etc.) and NBC's Thursday Night Comedy block (Seinfeld, The Office, 30 Rock, Community, Parks and Rec, Frasier, Friends, etc.) come to mind as the most egregious.

Last edited:

champdisney

The creativity towards today's live action shows has gone rancid compared to the Disney Channel of the 90's-Early 2000's era. Everything more or less is practically the same concept and it's all marketed towards little girls (GOD I HATE THE THEME SONG TO JESSIE). Disney XD has got some great animated content on there. I, like the rest wish they'll showcase more classic toons.

I am all for a Vault Disney comeback. Someone needs to create a petition on Change.org to urge Disney that they SHOULD either create a late night block or offer another privately owned channel that shows classic content. Hell, maybe I'll do it myself.

epcot2016

The creativity towards today's live action shows has gone rancid compared to the Disney Channel of the 90's-Early 2000's era. Everything more or less is practically the same concept and it's all marketed towards little girls (GOD I HATE THE THEME SONG TO JESSIE). Disney XD has got some great animated content on there. I, like the rest wish they'll showcase more classic toons.

I am all for a Vault Disney comeback. Someone needs to create a petition on Change.org to urge Disney that they SHOULD either create a late night block or offer another privately owned channel that shows classic content. Hell, maybe I'll do it myself.

Jessie is amazing, what are you talking about.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I like a lot of the Disney Junior programming for little kids, which is who it's supposed to be for. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Sophia the First, Goldie & Bear, Doc McStuffins, and The Lion Guard are all quite good. I especially appreciate the way The Lion Guard tries to mimic the hand-drawn style of the original Lion King.

But yeah, Disney Channel sucks. Honestly though, I don't see any programming anywhere that's as good as what we saw in the 90s and even early 2000s. A lot of great TV blocks have died, particularly sitcoms. ABC's TGIF lineup (Full House, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Step by Step, etc.) and NBC's Thursday Night Comedy block (Seinfeld, The Office, 30 Rock, Community, Parks and Rec, Frasier, Friends, etc.) come to mind as the most egregious.

Pretty much. And the better shows always get cancelled.

Animaniac93-98

With TCM now doing Treasures from the Disney Vault, I'm much less interested in bringing back Vault Disney. With TCM it's commerical free, original aspect ratio and with Leonard Maltin's interesting intros. I'm not sure Disney would really do better besides having it more often.

britdaw

My kids are 13, 8, and 2. We have been watching Disney Channel almost constantly for the past 13 years, and I have to agree that the shows on there today are absolute garbage. I was a young mom when my first was born, so I had very vivid memories of running home after school to catch The New Mickey Mouse Club (MMC FOREVER!!!!) in the 90's, and I loved watching shows like Kim Possible with her when she was little. We have always been a diehard Disney family, but the crap they're showing these days (what the blue hell is that Best Friends Whenever garbage?!) is a disgrace. I never thought I'd say it, but I actually miss the Hannah Montana days.

I will say, though, that my son is absolutely in love with everything on Disney Junior, so I'm very grateful for the programming on that channel!!

TsWade2

You know, the only Disney Channel shows I like for this era are The Mickey Mouse Shorts and Tangled: The Series. Disney Channel is not perfect, but at least the terrible Hannah Montana era is behind them. Technically, I blame Hannah Montana for Disney shying away to bring back Mickey and friends, because they were trapped in the Clubhouse of embarrassment. However, they're back for making new shorts made by Paul Rudish. The teen sitcoms are terrible and they ruined the legacy of Disney Channel. But, I think teen sitcoms are toning down from the brattiness and the stupidity except for Bizaardvark that show is stupid and dorky. However, DisneyXD is getting better with Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, The 7D, Star vs The Forces of Evil, Milo Murphy's Law, The reboot of Ducktales, and Big Hero 6 the series. I think DisneyXD is starting to grow on me. I used to hate Disney Junior because of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake and the Neverland Pirates because they treated them as the next stupid Dora the Explorer type shows, but since MMC and JATNP are gone, more or less, the Disney Junior channel did show disney classic animated features more often than Disney Channel and DisneyXD does. So, I have to give Disney Junior the Channel credit for showing some respects of classic disney animated features. In fact, Mickey and the Roadster Racers is a better Mickey Mouse preschool show than that godawful Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. So Disney Channel is not perfect right now, but since Mickey's funny self is back and animation is coming back to Disney Channel, it's probably stepping in the right direction.

brb1006

I really hope there might come a time when Disney Channel finally gets a major renewal in the future. Get rid of the Live-Actions shows geared towards teens and go back to airing animated shows. I'm still annoyed that the best current shows by Disney can only be found on Disney XD and as a result isn't given that much viewership or attention. People are really missing out on the goodness of the Ducktales reboot right now. So looking forward to Season 2.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom