News Disney CEO Bob Chapek suggests price hikes are coming to the parks thanks to guest demand

IMG_20220813_155413.jpg

Only to exemplify: before the lockdown, we went to Disneyland Paris in order to celebrate Christmas. We stayed in Newport Hotel (Deluxe Hotel) for 5 days. Additionally, Dining plan was included as well as transportation to my hotel

This summer we have asked for a budget and the price is prohibited. I understand that the Castle has been refurbished but I cannot afford to pay the double for the same.

I don't understand people who think it is necessary to increase prices. I know Walt Disney World is preparing new attractions, but do we need to the triple for the same?

I think they are cheating us. They want to be recovered from covid-19.

Nubs70

View attachment 660039
Only to exemplify: before the lockdown, we went to Disneyland Paris in order to celebrate Christmas. We stayed in Newport Hotel (Deluxe Hotel) for 5 days. Additionally, Dining plan was included as well as transportation to my hotel

This summer we have asked for a budget and the price is prohibited. I understand that the Castle has been refurbished but I cannot afford to pay the double for the same.

I don't understand people who think it is necessary to increase prices. I know Walt Disney World is preparing new attractions, but do we need to the triple for the same?

I think they are cheating us. They want to be recovered from covid-19.
You live in Seville?

Spent 4 days there in June. Absolutely amazing, better than 4 days at WDWat a fraction of the price.

Lilofan

He’s got his BS degree and his MBA, but he obviously NEVER took a course in public speaking 101…and of course they don’t teach think twice BEFORE you speak once…and we won’t even get into tact. He needs a handler…at this point he could probably use a costume character handler…IF his ego would allow it.
An assistant followed former Animation chief Lassiter to keep him and his hands out of trouble. That did not work.

You live in Seville?

Spent 4 days there in June. Absolutely amazing, better than 4 days at WDWat a fraction of the price.
I was born in Barcelona, but my wife was born from Seville. We have lived in many places due to the job. Right now, she is working as a professor at University of Seville.

As you said, Seville is cheap in summer and I think it is really nice. Additionally, we have the festival "Feria de Abril" which is celebrated the last week of April and it is amazing.
Furthermore, the prices are good in general.

This year we will go to Costa del Sol. We will be there ten days in an all inclusive hotel and it is much more cheaper than Disney.
You live in Seville?

fgmnt

Or........no lightning lane at all just makes everything a reasonable wait time. Lol.
A problem you run into in Walt Disney World with removal of what can be collectively described as "alternate queueing" is that over the last near quarter century, the infrastructure of the parks from top level layout to granular queue design has been built with alternate queues in mind. If you turn off alternate queueing, you get shorter average standby times, obviously, but the size of the line increases. That line has to go somewhere. It ends up spilling out into general areas.

This is something you see in Disneyland almost by default: the science of queue design did not exist when originally built, so legacy rides and legacy show buildings with new rides may have the queues just vomited onto nearby thoroughfares.

Now, even with that being said, the capacity crisis in Orlando has protracted to a point where we are already seeing this anyway, specifically in DAK and DHS.

fgmnt

You are correct. There is a pretty easy to identify link between price, expectations and incidents.

This will only get worse
I think if you look at the United States as a whole, antisocial behavior has exploded since the onset of the COVId-19 pandemic.

Some people might think I mean gun violence or occasional destructive mob behavior, but I'm talking about all of the other stuff: aggressive driving, littering, rude interpersonal interactions, people experiencing a complete divorce from shared reality. I do think the vanishing value proposition in the swamps causes some of this to eke out of people when they vacation there, but that behavior is pervading all of society right now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think if you look at the United States as a whole, antisocial behavior has exploded since the onset of the COVId-19 pandemic.

Some people might think I mean gun violence or occasional destructive mob behavior, but I'm talking about all of the other stuff: aggressive driving, littering, rude interpersonal interactions, people experiencing a complete divorce from shared reality. I do think the vanishing value proposition in the swamps causes some of this to eke out of people when they vacation there, but that behavior is pervading all of society right now.
Oh no doubt…

But I’m talking more about the trend I personally observed in the after incident shakedowns of how “I’m paying so much …”always coming up

Pretty simple mental link to maje

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Or........no lightning lane at all just makes everything a reasonable wait time. Lol.
That's false. Queuing is psychology, not mathematics. If people are willing to wait 60 minutes for Splash Mountain, they're going to fill the Splash Mountain standby line until it's 60 minutes. That's true whether the queue is sharing capacity with lightning lanes (fewer people moving more slowly) or if it's 100% standby (more people moving more quickly).

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
It's necessary to increase prices because people are willing to pay them.

If you have an army of people willing to pay $10 for your apples, it would be malpractice to sell them for $2.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
A problem you run into in Walt Disney World with removal of what can be collectively described as "alternate queueing" is that over the last near quarter century, the infrastructure of the parks from top level layout to granular queue design has been built with alternate queues in mind. If you turn off alternate queueing, you get shorter average standby times, obviously, but the size of the line increases. That line has to go somewhere. It ends up spilling out into general areas.
I'm sure they can figure it out.
This is something you see in Disneyland almost by default: the science of queue design did not exist when originally built, so legacy rides and legacy show buildings with new rides may have the queues just vomited onto nearby thoroughfares.
If it works, it works.
Now, even with that being said, the capacity crisis in Orlando has protracted to a point where we are already seeing this anyway, specifically in DAK and DHS.
Again, I'm sure they can figure something out.

UNCgolf

But you're waiting at a time when there's nothing better to be doing. Waiting outside of park hours maximizes your use of the park hours themselves.

Eating breakfast somewhere is a better use of time for me. Or sleeping at that time of day.

But there are also numerous attractions I don't care about. It's obviously harder if you feel like you need to get on every ride every day.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
It's noon on a Saturday during summer vacation.

Space Mountain has a 45 minute wait.
Buzz has a 30 minute wait.
Dumbo and Barnstormer have 15 minute waits.
Mermaid has a 15 minute wait.
Small World has a 15 minute wait.
Mansion has a 25 minute wait.
Big Thunder has a 40 minute wait.
Spaceship Earth has a 10 minute wait.
Nemo has a 10 minute wait.
Rat has a 45 minute wait.
Living with the Land has a 15 minute wait.

Methinks the "capacity crisis" is a tad overstated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom