Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

flynnibus

Premium Member
This page has got some GREAT mashup photos.. most not seen on this thread. Check it out
http://twentytwowords.com/2012/10/31/20-silly-pictorial-responses-to-disney-buying-lucasfilm/

Sample..
Responses-to-Disney-Buying-LucasFilm-11.jpeg

Responses-to-Disney-Buying-LucasFilm-13-634x356.jpg

disney fan 13

Ok... Have been thinking/reading/dissecting/ eating Cake about this for a couple days and I feel wary of this deal, mainly because it could go wrong in more ways then it could go right. From having a bad to alright movie to messing up the EU to Disneyfing the movie to bad ( the PT kiddied the series A LOT but I feel Disney could make that even worse.) Or screwing with things like Underworld or 1313 or forcing Dark Horse and Del Ray out of their contracts or not adding anything to the parks till 2020 anyway or... You get the idea...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Ok... Have been thinking/reading/dissecting/ eating Cake about this for a couple days and I feel wary of this deal, mainly because it could go wrong in more ways then it could go right. From having a bad to alright movie to messing up the EU to Disneyfing the movie to bad ( the PT kiddied the series A LOT but I feel Disney could make that even worse.) Or screwing with things like Underworld or 1313 or forcing Dark Horse and Del Ray out of their contracts or not adding anything to the parks till 2020 anyway or... You get the idea...
I have to admit I only followed about half of that. The EU = European Union??? Pretty sure that was pretty messed up prior to this deal;););)

erasure fan1

I completely agree with everything you bring up. The difference I have is that I think the franchise was in worse hands with Lucas. Disney brings hope that the franchise can move forward with new talent and visions for the series. I guess things could always get worse but I just dont see Disney spending 4 billion to release a bunch of direct to video garbage with a new princess video staring Leia. This just feels like a good match to me. I could be dead wrong and this could blow up in Disneys face but I just cant get over the feeling that things are looking way up for star wars.

Magenta Panther

If you want to get really technical, a Disney princess is any female character that Disney owns the rights to and has a marketable appeal. If Disney thinks that they can market Leia as a Disney princess you can bet your bottom dollar that they will.

See, that's the Iger definition of a Disney princess. Creativity has nothing to do with it; it's all about branding. So is Miss Piggy a Disney princess too?

disney fan 13

I completely agree with everything you bring up. The difference I have is that I think the franchise was in worse hands with Lucas. Disney brings hope that the franchise can move forward with new talent and visions for the series. I guess things could always get worse but I just dont see Disney spending 4 billion to release a bunch of direct to video garbage with a new princess video staring Leia. This just feels like a good match to me. I could be dead wrong and this could blow up in Disneys face but I just cant get over the feeling that things are looking way up for star wars.

Of course Lucas is worse, but at least he only liked to **** with the prequel area. I don't know, but I guess we shall find out how this is going to go soon enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom