Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

Mawg

Well, you could always tell a story about different jedis and show their point of view during the Clone Wars or events after RotJ. At least something along the lines of that. Although if they ever did that I'm sure cameos by character from the original series would make cameos.

Would you want to go and see a Star Wars movie about some 2nd or 3rd rate Jedi?

Jedeye80

I hope the brad bird rumours are true, not so much the Damon lindelof part though. Not a big fan of lost, no idea who else could script it other than Whedon or maybe drew Goddard. Jane Goldman would also be worth a mention as writer, no matter what though the chances of episode 7 being as bad as phantom menace are slim ( I hope ).

novawildcat18

Are the rumors true that the next DVC announcement is going to be Skywalker Ranch Villas?
We complain about DVC a lot but I don't think many people here would complain about some sort of Star Wars DVC or hotel. Who wouldn't want to wake up next to a hologram of Princess Leia sleeping next to you??

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We complain about DVC a lot but I don't think many people here would complain about some sort of Star Wars DVC or hotel. Who wouldn't want to wake up next to a hologram of Princess Leia sleeping next to you??
My wife may disagree.....actually, I would be willing to bet my marriage she would.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Like it or not.....the fanatical fanbase will go see whatever is paraded out before them. Its much more about a larger audience. As long as they dont completely tank....you will be there.

Hey, I resemble that remark! ;)

4832100263_5fbd9eb26d.jpg

EOD K9

Is it Leia from Ep. IV in white with the buns in her hair?, Hoth Leia in a lot of clothes? or Slave Leia?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Sorry, I'm kinda late to the party. Hurricane and stuff. Crazy announcement. Not sure there is much to read into the stock price move. About 2.5 times average volume yesterday so definitely some noise, but the stock is mostly back today on normal volume. Its a lot of cash for no real return until 2015. Wall street is mostly preoccupied with short term gains. I think expecting $1.5 billion per film for the new trilogy is a bit optimistic, but I do think Disney got a great deal. They can nickel and dime the old films for a lot of value. They are still making money off of Peter Pan and Snow White. On the theme park side, I don't know what to think. It makes a whole lot of sense to expand SW in all of the parks to go along with the new movies. Doesn't mean that WDW gets a whole lot of it, but let's hope. Will they drop close to $1B on Cars/Pixar at DHS and Avatar at AK and still have some change left over for Star Wars? I think it makes more sense to use Avatar money on Star Wars, but not at AK.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I know this is not really serious, but DHS is the only park left without a DVC on site. Why not a Star Wars themed one. If they expand out into the parking lot a little and build Star Wars land with a DVC built into it.
As I said a bit earlier today, I would be much more likely to buy a DVC at a Star Wars resort than at OKW or SS by far. I think they should build one right near DHS, where the hotel is visible in the distance from Lucasland, and it actually plays into the theming of DHS. Heck, build a gateway directly from the new resort into the back of DHS, and build some sort of themed transportation. The submarine ships of Naboo (floating on top of course, not submerged)? Trams that look like landspeeders? Think how much that place would sell itself to visitors enjoying the land in DHS.

invader

As I said a bit earlier today, I would be much more likely to buy a DVC at a Star Wars resort than at OKW or SS by far. I think they should build one right near DHS, where the hotel is visible in the distance from Lucasland, and it actually plays into the theming of DHS. Heck, build a gateway directly from the new resort into the back of DHS, and build some sort of themed transportation. The submarine ships of Naboo (floating on top of course, not submerged)? Trams that look like landspeeders? Think how much that place would sell itself to visitors enjoying the land in DHS.
How about a DVC that looks like the Death Star with rooms that look like the prisoner holding bays and with mousekeeping dressed up as Storm Troopers?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
How about a DVC that looks like the Death Star with rooms that look like the prisoner holding bays and with mousekeeping dressed up as Storm Troopers?
I was thinking Naboo would be something quite beautiful, not super in your face, etc, but hey why not go full on and do the Death Star?!? I'd be in!

GoofGoof

Premium Member

With a trash shoot in each hallway that drops you into a compactor with a creepy 1 eyed octopus monster. As long as Jar Jar Binks is not in the picture anywhere I am for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom