Disney bus ran over a guest at the Contemporary

Austin1

Original Poster
Last Friday evening I was with some friends at the contemporary watching wishes from the 15th floor observation deck. Immediately after the show ended we heard a loud bang that sounded like a car wreck. A few of us went to go look over the side down towards the parking lot to see what happened.
A Disney bus had somehow run into a van. There was a person lying on the pavement and people yelling and screaming and looking underneath the bus. A few minutes later we realized that there was someone trapped underneath the bus. The people down below were trying to get them out but they couldn't. Eventually they backed the bus up off the the person. About 5 minutes after the accident Disney security showed and and about 2 or 3 minutes later 2 ambulances and a firetruck showed up. Soon after, Disney representatives arrived and started taking down statements. I don't know exactly how the accident was caused or the condition of the individuals involved. I did hear that the person ran over by the bus was air flighted out. It was very disturbing.

I searched all over the internet the past few days and haven't heard or seen anything on the topic. I'm thinking Disney is trying to keep this on the down low. I just didn't know if anyone else had heard anything about this. My thought and prayers go out to the individuals involved.

Frank Stallone

debbiedowner.jpg

Thelazer

Yea, Disney likes to keep alot of things on the "Down Low"

I mean, really.. do you think they want people to know that the bus drivers can be a bit crazy at times, run lights, hit guests, etc?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Quite honestly I am surprised that this does not happen more. When you combine the shear numbers of Disney buses that are out and about on any given day with guests that are seemingly oblivious to everything around them I am shocked that this is not a daily occurrence.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Still nothing in the press as far as I can see. Usually the Slantinel would pick up on an accident at WDW, particularly one that warranted air-evac. :shrug:

Austin1

Original Poster
It's almost scary how Disney can keeps this like this from leaking out into the media. At this point I'm wondering if anything will be reported at all.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It's almost scary how Disney can keeps this like this from leaking out into the media. At this point I'm wondering if anything will be reported at all.
Why do so many assume cover up when a story like this does not make the national news? The only reason a story like this would be in the news is because it happened at Disney. It is quite possible that with all the turmoil in the world economy and the northern half of the US under a blanket of ice what can be described as a simple traffic accident at WDW just might not warrant national media coverage.

fosse76

Why do so many assume cover up when a story like this does not make the national news? The only reason a story like this would be in the news is because it happened at Disney. It is quite possible that with all the turmoil in the world economy and the northern half of the US under a blanket of ice what can be described as a simple traffic accident at WDW just might not warrant national media coverage.

You've obviously have never read a newspaper. Newspapers cover accidents like this all the time. And most of the time they don't involve a Fortune 500 Company.

Austin1

Original Poster

I was speaking more of news on a local scale. The Orlando Sentinel ran stories far less impacting than this in the past few days.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You've obviously have never read a newspaper. Newspapers cover accidents like this all the time. And most of the time they don't involve a Fortune 500 Company.
Sure, local papers do but there is no reason to expect a traffic accident that did not involve multiple fatalities to make the national rounds unless it was one heck of a slow news day.

Duckberg

Bleeds it LEADS @ Disney

If you follow the local Orlando
TV websites ANYTIME someone
is injured @ WDW its posted VERY
quickly :cool:

Duckberg :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom