Disney bus ran over a guest at the Contemporary

notoes4

I was once talking to a CM at DHS and he told me no one has ever died on Disney Property, because they wait to pronounce them at the hospital.

PhotoDave219

You've obviously have never read a newspaper. Newspapers cover accidents like this all the time. And most of the time they don't involve a Fortune 500 Company.

My newspaper doesn't cover these things all the time. Generally car accidents, people hit by cars, etc., are so common that we only cover the really horrific stuff or that has some sense of news value. I generally don't jump until i hear the on-scene report of the initial units unless its dispatched as "fully involved" or if it sounds pretty insane.

And with RCES and their super-high tech radios, i highly doubt anyone is listening to it on a scanner. The local news organizations just aren't going to hear about it if its something minor like what this sounds like.

As for the "no one pronounced", I know back in 2004 there were cars racing (Car vs Tree, Tree always wins) on Disney Property - Hotel Plaza Blvd if i remember - and FHP said they were deceased on the scene.

pheneix

boy was this post in bad taste!:eek:

When its proven that this actually happened then I will concede the point. I've not seen any word that this happened anywhere other than on this message board.

I would like to repeat the point that was made earlier in this thread. Orlando's media is not known for being professional nor tasteful in coverage of Disney or anything else for that matter (read the Orlando Sentinel lately?). If this incident was as bad as it sounded they would be all over it like white on rice.

sweetpee_1993

There was info about this accident posted on one of the boards over at Disboards within a very short period of time after it happened. ((I'll see if I can find the thread and post a link.)) There were 2 people that posted about it who were at the Contemporary at the time of the accident, 1 of which was fairly close-by. The closer person said they saw a van loading/unloading passengers in the Disney bus lane moments before they heard the crash and turned around to witness the remainder of the scene unfold. Apparently the van was loading/unloading in the area that is marked for 'Buses Only'. Someone was somewhere they shouldn't have been at the wrong time. On the flip side, some of those buses are bookin' it pretty good when they pull in. From what I know and what I've heard probably was a little of both at fault. It's an unfortunate accident no matter how you look at it. I hope the person hurt is okay. I mean, hellloooooo, it's Christmas...everyone should be home with their families this time of year.

Hugs to all!

Tater48

If Orlando is anything like where I work, an accident of this magnitude could not be easily covered up. All of the television stations and the print media monitor our radio transmissions down here and a lot of times they are on a scene before any kind of secondary responders arrive. If in fact this did happen, the media is probably fully aware, but why they have chosen not to is anybody's guess, especially if it involved a life flight or air lift situatiuon. The media is not fair to any one, not just Disney, and if it sells papers or air time, they will run it.

CaptainJackNO

You've obviously have never read a newspaper. Newspapers cover accidents like this all the time. And most of the time they don't involve a Fortune 500 Company.

The Big, Bad mega corporations are so evil....:fork:
They cover all these things up to keep us little guys down. Boy are they terrible with their cover ups. :mad:

Here's a thought....One person says they saw someone hit by a bus and there is a segment of this board that assumes it really happened. Did it? Who knows....Any confirmation?? Uhh, Nooooo......But, it must be true cause Disney is evil and bad stuff must be true.
It amazes me how someone can post a RUMOR about a new, exciting attraction and then get lambasted and destroyed by folks because they have no proof. But hey, let someone post that they saw Mickey pickpocket a 4 year-old and punch an elderly woman in the stomach for her dole whip and...There they Go, No report.....How dare Disney cover up such a horrible thing that happens everyday. Where's the proof in this?

Get a life and a clue please......:rolleyes:

Austin1

Original Poster
The Big, Bad mega corporations are so evil....:fork:
They cover all these things up to keep us little guys down. Boy are they terrible with their cover ups. :mad:

Here's a thought....One person says they saw someone hit by a bus and there is a segment of this board that assumes it really happened. Did it? Who knows....Any confirmation?? Uhh, Nooooo......But, it must be true cause Disney is evil and bad stuff must be true.
It amazes me how someone can post a RUMOR about a new, exciting attraction and then get lambasted and destroyed by folks because they have no proof. But hey, let someone post that they saw Mickey pickpocket a 4 year-old and punch an elderly woman in the stomach for her dole whip and...There they Go, No report.....How dare Disney cover up such a horrible thing that happens everyday. Where's the proof in this?

Get a life and a clue please......:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I understand you are a little upset at people on here and have very little basis for believing what I've said, but could you be less rude about your execution please? I realize that there is a lot of "the sky if falling" talk on here, but you aren't really helping keep things positive. You don't have to believe my report, but the least you could do is show a little respect. It did happen.

CaptainJackNO

I'm sorry, I understand you are a little upset at people on here and have very little basis for believing what I've said, but could you be less rude about your execution please? I realize that there is a lot of "the sky if falling" talk on here, but you aren't really helping keep things positive. You don't have to believe my report, but the least you could do is show a little respect. It did happen.

I, honestly, apologize to you, Austin1. I did not intend to question your reliability. I honestly believe you. My comments were aimed at the conspiracy theorists who frequent these boards. These are folks who will believe anything negative without source and nothing positive until the queue opens and the first rider walks on. That's all. Thanks for the post. I, again, apologize if it seemed that my post was aimed at you. It was not. Hope you had a great trip.:wave:

bayoutinkbelle

I work at a newspaper and I totally believe that this - and many other incidents - can go unreported. It happens all the time. An injury accident and you don't find out about it until days after the fact, by which time most editors don't care to run it because it's old news.

I know our staff is now stretched so thin that stuff we normally would run out the door for often gets pushed aside. I'm sure this scenario is being repeated at places all across the country.

Still, hope the injured person was OK.

Tiggerfanatic

What time this did happen? We were staying at the Contemporary last Friday. Granted, we went to the early Hoop-De-Doo show, and didn't get back to the room until around 8PM, but didn't notice anything out of the ordinary then. We did watch Christmas party fireworks from our 7th floor balconey.

trr1

Well this is one way to provide cheap meat for Disney buffets!

boy was this post in bad taste!:eek:

When its proven that this actually happened then I will concede the point. I've not seen any word that this happened anywhere other than on this message board.

I would like to repeat the point that was made earlier in this thread. Orlando's media is not known for being professional nor tasteful in coverage of Disney or anything else for that matter (read the Orlando Sentinel lately?). If this incident was as bad as it sounded they would be all over it like white on rice.

the underlined quote is what i was refering to

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom