Disney Bus Crash at Epcot

Missing20K

You probably have a profile and a login. It's not asking for money, just a login.

Which, in this case, is more than I'm willing to pay. But, it probably is an interesting article, at least for those interested in Insurance. :geek:
Nope, sure don't. I'd quote the whole thing if anyone knows if that's allowed.

Missing20K

Capture2.PNG

I don't always send out links to locked articles, but when I do, it's always at forums.wdwmagic.com

giphy.gif

@Missing20K I don't know about the specific rules for this forum, but as long as you make it clear that it is coming from that article and that author, and not your own words, then quoting the entire article, or screenshots should be perfectly acceptable. May be taken down depending on how okay it is with the mod(s) that see this but more than likely will be acceptable.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Alright everybody, say it with me now:

WALT DISNEY WORLD IS NOT "THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH." THAT IS DISNEYLAND.

Okay, I feel better now.
Perhaps the article was about Disneyland and not WDW centered. All the big Disney wheels are much closer to DL then WDW. So the worst would be that they were only half right, but correct none the less.

EDIT: OK, I didn't see the picture of the Castle in WDW before I put in that speculation, but, it, as usual, is a pretty common and non-damaging thing to call it anyway. Something that can easily be overlooked and even endorsed. WDW is my happy place, so it is true in that sense.

rescue_ranger

Original Poster
I don't think it's about wanting never-ending pixie dust or wanting people banned who criticize Disney. I criticize boneheaded Disney moves too. But I can sympathize with @rescue_ranger in that it often seems -- perhaps incorrectly -- that a substantial portion of folks here aren't Disney fans who occasionally have a complaint, but people who dislike Disney and don't think they ever do anything right.

Thank you. I'm glad my point isn't lost on everyone. I do believe Disney makes missteps but at the end of the day, I get excited over new projects even when I don't always agree with their decisions.

But the post that I originally was commenting about was referring to Disney somehow being at fault for this accident due to lack of funding which is clearly not even remotely the issue here and it seems to be indicative of the way a lot of members here behave- they're quick to blame Disney for any and every problem. I don't believe as Disney fans we should wear rose colored glasses all the time but I also don't believe we should become so cynical that all we can do is criticize every decision we wouldn't have made ourselves.

Driver

Welp, there goes their job.

At least from what I've heard, Disney is very strict with bus drivers.
This is true! They are very strict with bus drivers. Because of the obvious liability issues. It was mentioned here that the accident may have been a result of some cost cutting or a mechanical issue from lack of maintenance. I can tell you I know for a fact this is not the case. This is still being investigated, but preliminary findings show simple human error. Again mentioned in this thread, accidents happen all the time. People make mistakes, we're human. Thankfully there were no serious injuries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom